Zermatt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where to stay near Zermatt

by brianmaxted Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

As we are fairly dependent on our car I would like to know of a nearby village that we could access by car and try to get some of the Zermatt atmosphere

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • Swinging Lifestyle

by thesporting Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We are Canadians visiting Zermatt approx. Apr 8 -10 and will be seeking a swingers type resort to visit or even stay at.
      Suggestions? Thanks!

• Late November early December

by damrine Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Is there usually enough snow in Zermatt and on the mountain to do some good skiing during late NOV and Early DEC (say NOV 30 to DEC 6th), also what is the best Hotel for the money?

3 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    • Can one hire a taxi to go from Zermatt to Brig

by hsgrover Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

How much does it cost for 2 people?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    • Short stay in Zurich; then trip to Zermatt

by Roanokegirl Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My friend and I are traveling to Zurich Dec. 21 and on to Zermatt by Dec. 23. What is a convenient place to stay near the train station and also see some of the city? Also, what clothing should I bring?

7 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Clothing to bring.

by puffcandy Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 5:09 AM

We are spending 1 week in Zermatt, 18th to 25th September. We will not be skiing. What type of clothes should we bring as regards the temperature we are likely to find. THANK YOU.

5 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • Montreux to Zermatt

by fijane59 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Hi, My daughter and son in law are driving from Montreux to Zermatt today! Can someone please help me with the best route and advice on driving to Zermatt this week... is it possible or do they have to park and take the train?
      Thanks in advance for any help

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    • Storage of Luggage in Zermatt when Trekking Monte Rosa

by DreamAcres Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Is there anywhere in Zermatt were we could store our luggage while trekking ?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    • travel time

by marciaskent Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM

How long does it take to travel from Zermatt to Geneva by train?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Easy, short, scenic, not isolated walks in Zermatt area?

by Daphnita Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

For woman traveling alone and preferring green landscape, forests, villages.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • NickieR's Profile Photo

Goat or soya milk availability?

by NickieR Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I have an allergy to cows' dairy produce, but enjoy goat or sheep dairy. Can I buy goat dairy products or alternatively soya milk in the supermarkets or any other store in Zermatt?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • milan- zermatt view

by estjef Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Thanks vpas. I read that a large part of the train journey from Milan is under the tunnel - and therefore not much of the mountain scenery. Any advice?

3 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • coach/taxi fare from Milan to Zermatt

by estjef Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM

how much does it cost to travel from Milan to Zermatt by taxi/coach?

4 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    • scenery - milan to zermatt

by estjef Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM

what is the scenery like from milan to zermatt by train

3 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • Need advice for 3 days trip in Switzerland

by shirzaw Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Hi,

Can anyone advise me places to visit in Switzerland for 3 days trips?
      I will be flying to Zurich on 17-Dec & plan to go Zermatt ski resort for a week. After that, I will be returning to Zurich on 24-Dec. I need advice as to where to go to make full use of my remaining 3 days after returning from Zermatt.

Thank you.

8 Answers Sep 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM
    • Swiss flex pass or swiss card?

by shirzaw Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Hi there,

I am planning to travel with my husband to zurich on the 17-Dec till 31-Dec 2012 (15 days).

We will be staying at a friend's pl at Cham (as a base). We are planning to go zermatt ski resort for a week (from zurich to zermatt).

The remaining days will be going to Bern, interlaken & Jungfraujoch for sightseeing. I was confused as in which type of pass to purchase?

Please help.

Thank you

3 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    • RishabhG's Profile Photo

Zermatt Hotel Suggestion Urgent

by RishabhG Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

We are visiting zermatt in july for 3 nights for our honeymoon.

We are confused about which hotel to opt for.

Our options are
      Unique Post
      Europe Spa
      Romantik Julen

Please suggest. Prices are similar we are getting for all 3.

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    • Snow Conditions

by nutski Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Planning a trip for 2013 and wondered if anyone has thoughts on when the best snow conditions exist in Zermatt. I know most people like to ski in the sun during March and April, but I am looking for when the best snow for skiing hits the mountain, baring white out conditions.

2 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • julin's Profile Photo

Matthew Fletcher

by julin Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM

We are going to Zermatt on June 18th for a few days.We haven't been for a few years and wonder if Matthew is still selling his paintings on Gornergrat.We have bought from him on previous visits and I also traced a friend in England for him so it would be nice to catch up.

• Zermatt to Brig

by Jillybeanybird Online Now May 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I want to get to Brig from Zermatt by bus. Is this possible and if so how can I get the schedule?

5 Answers May 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

Geneva to Zermatt viz Montreux

by aymank Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Hi,

i have several questions if anyone can help. We are planning to land in Geneva and go skiing in Zermatt for 3 days and maybe also spend a night in Riffelalp-Resort and nother in Montreux when travelling from Geneva to Zermatt or on the way back.

Is Montreux worth a visit for 1 night?
      Is it better to drive back and forth or take the train?
      Can you suggest a train website where we can purchase tickets?
      Can you suggest a good hotel for Zermatt to stay in?

Thank you for any help we get

2 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    • Best time of a day to view and photo Matterhorn Peak?

by dream_australia Online Now Jun 24, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I am very interested in taking the best photo of the Matterhorn peak, ideally with the golden sunshine lights directly at the peak. Since I do not know which direction the peak is facing, east or west, it could be either sunrise or sunset the best time for photo. Anyone could provide me a clue so that I either get there early in morning or late afternoon? Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    • Zermatt and Gornergrat walk in April

by jadedtourist Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Hi dear VTers,

I will be in Zermatt for a day next later this week. Am looking to go up to Gornergrat. I would like to walk around the Zermatt village. I also hear there are good and relatively easy walking trails around Gornergrat. Read about Riffelberg to Rotenboden walk for good views of the Matterhorn
      Can you please advise on where to start and end this walk? Also I'm not looking to walk in snow or slush. How would the trail be this week, considering still only mod-April. Do not want a steep climb etc. Should we expect closures in the trail or the village.

Your help is greatly appreciated as we leave tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Apr 19, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    • annecy to tasch

by klm2sun Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 8:16 AM

what would be the best route from Annecy to Tasch, and about how long would it take? We would be traveling June 1st, which is the day before the holiday, will this affect our trip?

• annecy to zermatt

by klm2sun Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 6:30 AM

Wondering the best way to get from annecy to zermatt.Drive to geneva and pick up train?Is there parking there, and how much is it for overnight?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    • Souvenir - Clown Cow

by trishw Online Now Mar 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I was in Zermatt in September 2009 and in one of the souvenir stores, we saw a ceramic cow that was all painted out like a clown. It had a big red nose & all sorts of colourful clothes. It had orange & white striped socks and different coloured boots on - very cute! It also had little twisted horns (green & grey stripes). From memory it was approx 20-25cm long. We loved it & regret that we didn't buy it at the time. I was hoping that someone may know what I am talking about or someone from the store that has it may see this. If anyone has seen it or could let me know what store it was in, I would really really appreciate it. Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM
    • Zermatt hotel recommendation needed

by cferrendelli Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Hello - I am traveling to Zermatt by train from Zurich with my two boys (8 and 10) and my 80 year old mother in law in April. I would like to stay somewhere that has nice views but that also isn't too much walking for my mother in law and isn't outrageously priced. Any advise is appreciated. Also, things to do with my mother in law are also welcome.
      Many thanks!

1 Answer Feb 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    • Apres ski for a Group?

by SKIER505 Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Can you suggest a good place for an apres ski party for a group of Americans average age 55?

• stellisee

by mheidt Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Where is stellisee where many photos are taken of the Matterhorn? Is it in Zermatt? How do you get to it--walking? train?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    • Traveling from Geneva to Zermatt

by bluejaycc08 Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Hi,
      I will be landing in Geneva December 16th and am looking for the cheapest way to get to Zermatt until December 21st, when I will be flying back out of Geneva. Does anyone know the best companies (rail or bus) to go with?

Thank you!
      Steve

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 10:02 AM