Zell am See

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 6 nights to spend ibetween salzburg and innsbruck

Salzburg Yesterday

i will be in austria in mid may with 6 nights to spend between salzburg and innsbruck. i was planning 3 in each city but am now thinking i may need more time in salzburg. any suggestions ? we jsut want to do some sight seeing and some r & r. i think by the time we get to salzburg from vienna, we will have seen enough castles and palaces so don;t want to spend too much time touring them

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

Salzburg Yesterday

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

more
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

more
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

more
    • Hotel Seevilla Freiberg

by kezza9181 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

we are planning on staying in the above hotel but are worried
      we need to hire skis and were just wondering do we leave our walking shoes when getting the ski boots or do you take the boots and have to walk to the slopes in them

can somebody help as we don't want to book if you have to walk 10mins in ski boots

thanks

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Online rail tickets bought from OBB

by MHylton Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM

If you miss the train for which the ticket has been bought (due to flight delays etc) are you able to use it on the next available train??

M Hylton

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • trip to zell am see with the girls

by neasa.se Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM

`myself and 5 more girls are planning to travell to zell am see in january for 1 week. we are looking into renting out an apartment for the week. Some of the apartments, however, are a bit out of town.... maybe 20 minute walk. what is the public transport system like? how easy is it to get around? would we be better off finding a place in the town?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • Alex083's Profile Photo

Spending Money

by Alex083 Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Hi, I am planning a visit to Zell am See around January 4th 2013 for about 6 days as part of my birthday plans. Having priced up the trip as far as accommodation and travel goes, i'm not seeking a little advice on how much spending money i should plan to take for my stay. I am not visiting for the skiing but am planning to maybe spend a day at the Nassfeld Skiing area to have a go a tubing.

I am planning a trip to Salzburg also for a day.

I know the details are a bit vague but if anyone has a rough guide as to how much i would need that would be great. Any other trips that are worth doing would also help alot to.

Thanks

• apartment central question

by micbren Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 5:20 AM

hello, i am thinking of booking a stay in the alpen apartments (apartment central). i was wondering as anyone stayed there? and what are they like? there doesnt seem to be any photos of the bathroom any where on the web. does any one know what the bathroom is like? or maybe have some pics?

thanks for your help

mic

1 Answer Jul 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    • Zell am See to Krimml

by hoz_BonVoyage Online Now May 3, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Hi,

I'm a lil confused whether my Austria OBB railpass is valid for journeys on postbuses.

I intend to take bus no. 670 from Zell am See to Krimml Wasserfalle. Can I make this journey on my Eurail Austria pass?

I have read at someplaces that it is valid but I am not sure. I am very confused as I am in the midlle of making plans on the days that I would will use my pass.

Thanks!

Hoz

1 Answer May 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    • Snowboard hire in Zell Am See this summer

by lumpydog Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hire snowboards in June this year?
      Also, lift passes?

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    • Best places for apres & Austrian music?

by Yasmin57 Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Greetings!

We're staying in Zell am See from the 3rd of March 2012 till the 10th. Please can you tell me the best places for apres ski & live Austrian music? We like to ski hard during the day & then reward ourselves with a little light refreshment from 3 onwards. Any replies gratefully received.

Best Regards
      Yasmin

1 Answer Feb 27, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    • Zell am See

by johnmdavies Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 6:06 AM

We are stopping in Zell am See in the third week in March, We are not into skiing(yet) But more interested in lakes,mountains and visiting various places, Innsbruck, Hallstatt and Saltzburg, This will be our first visit to Austia, and driving down from the U.K. Can anyone reccommend places to go and see and eat on a drive and visit idea for a non-skiing couple?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    • the lake

by grazys Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Hi My friends are staying in the town of zell am see, but i have a late booking on the opposite side of the lake, is it easy to get across to the town to meet up or to meet in the morning for the sking

1 Answer Jan 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    • January Snow

by ColonelB Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 11:08 AM

What are the chances of good snow in mid January. Will be coming for a week of skiing with grand children.
      Thank you

2 Answers Nov 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    • Hiking?staying in Zell am See

by arnyt2 Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hi All,

Having been twice to the Bernese Oberland fancied a change. Is this a good area to do some hiking and is there a lot of things to do. Can anyone recommend a good apartment for 2 in the centre of the village.

2 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    • bus from zell am see to Kaprun

by shebie226 Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I want to go to kaprun Im staying at hotel heitzmann can anyone advice what bus number I need and where it departs from.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    • schmittenhohe

by shebie226 Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I would like to go to the summit of schmittenhohe
      Im staying at the hotel heitzmann and would wondering what is the best cable car/s to get there, also the best way to get to the cable car I have trouble walking so having to walk along way to get there to the cable car is not an option

1 Answer Jul 19, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    • how to get to Zell am See

by cyndidunn Online Now May 29, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Having difficulty finding out how to get from Innsbruck or Kitzbuhel to Zell am See? Train, bus, shuttle? Any help would be appreciated so we can book a train from Basel, Switzerland to Zell am See. Thank you so much

2 Answers May 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    • NERAK12's Profile Photo

BABY SUPPLIES & CAR HIRE IN ZELL AM SEE

by NERAK12 Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Does anyone know the best place for me to buy Pampers Nappies and baby wipes in Zell am See? We are going there in August. Its a very different holiday for my family. Also can anyone recommend a good car hire company? Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    • ZELL AM SEE visitors card

by jrrussell Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I plan to stay at a hotel that does not provide the Zell visitors card free of charge to guests in 2011. Does anyone know if this card can be purchased from anywhere in Zell.

1 Answer Mar 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    • Should we ski Zell am see or Badgastein? with only 2 days after a visit to Salzburg?

by sallyluc Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hello!
      We (my family of 4; my husband and I, our 16 year old and 11 year old) would love to 'Ski the Austrian Alps!' We are visiting Salzburg for 2 days, and then we can spend 2 nights at a resort to ski( skiing really just one day would be almost good enough), and off to Vienna and Prague.
      This is in mid April, so Im wondering if there'll be enough snow? I heard Zell am see, but my travel agent said Badgastein and we'd have to stay a minimun of 3 to 7 nights? Am I squeezing too much in to 2 days? Is there a convienient way to get to a hotel in Zell am see, rent equipment and get to a lift, for just one day???! Oh Help!!
      Thank you for any advice!
      Sally!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    • mumymama's Profile Photo

warm pension/apartments in Zell am See?

by mumymama Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Hi all!
      Could anybody recommend a cosy apartment or a pension in Zell am See? They say, some owners get their guests freezed at night :0(
      Any experience with good accommodation?
      What is the best way to get from Munich airport to the place? Have a nice day!

4 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    • cost of rail travel

by mairwyn Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM

what is the cost of train from zell am see to salzburg
      is it cheaper to book a party of 4 or per person.
      also is it cheaper by bus

4 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Any people in Zell Am See from 2nd January?

by Tara2001 Online Now Dec 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Hi all,

I'm 24 years old and away on a family ski holiday from 2nd january for a week. Are there any young people around my age gonna be out there around that time? I dont fancy spending the entire time with my parents and would be well up for checking out the nightlife haha.

1 Answer Dec 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    • Traine tarnsfer Munich to Zell am See

by turramurra Online Now Nov 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Can anyone advise of train travel timetables from Munich to Zell am See summertime 2010

4 Answers Nov 4, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    • Motorhome Camping near Zell am see

by Ygal Online Now Sep 15, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for camping site that can accommodate motorhome near Zell am See in October .

Can anybody recomend a site that open in October and have hookup facilities for motorhome?

Thanks in advance,

Ygal

1 Answer Sep 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM
    • Train tickets from Munich to Zell am See

by saraaa Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Hi All !

i would like to know about purchasing train tickets (Munich-Zell am see) round trip...

I'm arriving in Munich 28th Aug and i will leave to Zell am See on the 29th Aug.I'm wondering how i can buy the train tickets for my trip, i mean, shall i buy them now from the internet or can i just buy them on the same day i'm going ? and from where ?

How much is the ticket per person ?

My thanks in advance,
      Sara

3 Answers Aug 21, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • train from Munich to zell am see

by saraaa Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Hi there !

i'm intending to spend some days in zell am see ...i'm going through Munich in Germany ..

Could anyone please tell me whether there are train trips for that and how much it would cost a person...we're 3 adults in total .

thank you,
      Sara

1 Answer Jul 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    • a.lena's Profile Photo

Camping facilities in or near Zell-am-See

by a.lena Online Now Dec 24, 2007 at 9:24 AM

I am already planning the summer holidays, in the Salzburg region with a camper-van. Does anybody have tips about camping facilities in or near Zell-am-See? I would like to know also about the location of supermarkets.

• CADspark's Profile Photo

Zell Am See

by CADspark Online Now Nov 10, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Hi

We are visiting Zell am See over Christmas and wanted to know if it is possible to do a horse drawn sleigh ride on Christmas Day

We are staying at the Fischerwirt .... any information on the sleigh ride and any comments on the Fischerwirt would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

5 Answers Nov 12, 2007 at 11:45 AM
    • Christmas in Austria

by denisp Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 3:00 AM

Hi! This year I'm thinking of spending my Christmas vacations with some friends in Austria. The thing is that I'm a very confused: Some friends told me that if I want to spend traditional Christmas I have to go to Kitzbuhel. Some others told me that if I like snow St.Anton would be ideal. Another friend told me that I should visit Zell am See because it's a bigger city and we will have more things to do than in Kitzbuhel or St Anton. Please help!!!

3 Answers Nov 13, 2007 at 3:39 AM
    • victorwkf's Profile Photo

Bus from Zell am See to Grossglockner

by victorwkf Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Anyone of you have taken the bus (operated by OBB Postbus) from the town of Zell am See to Grossglockner Frank Joseph Hohe (to view the snow mountains) and back?

My wife and I will be taking this bus on the morning of 7th june 2007, and is wondering whether we need to reserve any seats beforehand? This is because it is a once-a-day bus and we are afraid that it might be fully booked when we get there. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
      Victor

5 Answers Aug 12, 2007 at 9:35 PM
    • marriage

by hestyking Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 1:42 PM

We are looking to get married in Zell next year and are wandering whether it is possible to arrange the ceremony independently or whether we have to go through a tour operator? We would also like to hear from anyone who has married in zell.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2007 at 10:25 AM