change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

Vogelpark Avifauna

Netherlands Apr 21, 2015 at 7:30 AM

I tried to go to the web site but the English version is a working in progress, can someone tell me if the park open daily from 9 - 6PM and what is the cost for 2 seniors?

thanks!

more
    • Hostel with best atmosphere in Amsterdam?

Amsterdam Apr 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Hey there!

We are a group of 4 travelers age 22 and we will visit your beautiful city in the summer.

I've been looking for a nice social hostel in the middle of the city... I narrowed it down to 3 main choices:

St Christopher's at The Winston

Durty Nellys Inn

The Bulldog

All looks decent enough and are in great location, however I've been worrying a bit about the atmosphere. The first 2 doesn't have common rooms. I've been reading reviews and some say the atmosphere is not very sociable... one said "Lack of common area like other hostels is a bit of a downer. People don't seem to make friends with each other in this hostel", other "not much atmosphere within the hostel and hard to meet people outside of your room". So I'm kinda worried about that.

How is the social atmosphere in those hostels? which is the best one, social-wise?

Thanks! :)

more
    • Anne Frank family home

Amsterdam Apr 17, 2015 at 10:01 AM

I read somewhere that it is possible to visit the home in which the Otto Frank family lived before going into hiding. Is this case, and if so, where can I obtain further information?

more

thalys train from amsterdem to brussels with rail pass: Benelux-german

Amsterdam Apr 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM

do I have to reserve on these trains which is faster if I have Benelux-german pass? or with rail pass I can only do regular train which is 3 hrs and 13 mins. vs 2 hrs with the thalys train?

more
    • Litter in Dam Square?

Amsterdam Apr 4, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Hi, just curious, does anybody know what all the white litter is that I can see today on the Dam Square web cam?

more
    • Trains from Amsterdam Centraal to Assen for MotoGP

Assen Apr 20, 2015 at 5:11 AM

HI, I've been looking online at OBB to try and book a train from Centraal to Assen for the MotoGP but the website says Not Available for every train on 27th June.

Is this because they're all fully booked already?

more
    • nightlife in roosendaal

Roosendaal Apr 18, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Hi ! What options do we have to have fun in a saturday night in Roosendaal as 2 single young men?

more
    • pton's Profile Photo

ajax ticket for oversea visitor

Amsterdam Apr 16, 2015 at 5:02 AM

looking to catch the Ajax vs SC Cambuur on May 10th

sadly it will require a "dutch card" to buy

I dont want to buy the ajax tourist package or buy from viagogo as they are too expensive

Will I be able to buy the ticket on match day with local price?

thank you for your help

more
    • a VISA to enter Netherlands

Netherlands Apr 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM

I'm a British citizen and will be going for a friends wedding and just wondering would I need a VISA to enter or the equivalent? (I'm hopeless travelling alone)

more
    • what to see

Breda Mar 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I have 6 hours to spend in breda. Whats there to4 see

more
    • I am looking for room for rent

Zwolle Apr 20, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi Everybody!. My name is Irmina and I am student from Poland. I am looking for room in Zwolle near Dokter van Deenweg street, but other areas are also accepted. I will spent there 3 months, from 15th May to 18th August. I can share house or flat with other students or working people. The monthly rent should include all costs (water, gas, electricity, Internet) I will be grateful for some information.

more
    • 2nd saturday of May (May 9) - windmills festival in AmsterdamMay

Amsterdam Apr 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Can anyone give me information on this activity?
      Any special tour organized? If so, can we take it from train central station or bus terminal downtons?

thank you
      tremblantoise

more
    • Queen's day, or is it King's day now?

Amsterdam Apr 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM

4 years ago I landed at Shipol airport on May the 2nd. A big celebration for Queen's day was in progress, everyone was partying, and wearing orange wigs. there was lots of music and fun but no taxis to take us to our hotel. The only one who agreed left us about 5 blocks from hotel because of the crowds. We had to walk with suitcases.

A friend of mine is planning a trip to Amsterdam on May 1st or 2nd. When is this celebration going to be held? Is it better for my friend to postpone her trip for a day or 2?

Thank you for the info.

Alfredo

more
    • Simon1983's Profile Photo

Place to stay for a few months?

Amsterdam Mar 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM

I'm coming to Amsterdam in May to do some voluntary work. Does anyone know of a room / bed area I could rent for a few months?

more
    • Laundromat, washing

Amsterdam Apr 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Hi, i am looking for somewhere to do washing when i get to amsterdam. is this laundromat still there as it is pretty close to our hotel?
      Wassalon de Zeepbel V.O.F.
      Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 84
      1012 SE Amsterdam
      Netherlands

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Touring programme in Netherland

Amsterdam Apr 21, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a tour with motocaravan covering Netherland.
      We will be travelling with children who are 14 and 10.(both girl)
      We are planning to visit Amsterdam,Heerde,Elburg.
      Besides historical and touristic places, we would like to be in the places where inhabitants live,eat,make shopping etc.
      We would like to hear your advices about any other places that we can add to our route.
      Quality but budget is also important for your reastaurant advices.
      Thanks.

more
    • Is possible to live in Giethoorn?

Giethoorn Apr 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Hello! I live in Montenegro and I would like to live in Giethoorn. I really live that village.
      So, my question is: Is possible to live in Giethoorn? (permanently)

more
    • jgivens's Profile Photo

One day in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Apr 22, 2015 at 11:12 AM

My husband and I have a long layover in Amsterdam and are looking for suggestions. We land at 12:05 P.M. and fly out the next morning at 9:25 A.M. We would like to take a canal cruise in the afternoon, walk around and take in the architecture in the evening and stay in a hotel for the night. Where would be a good area in which to stay and what would be our best way to get back to the airport in the morning. Thank you in advance for all of your help. You guys always come through for me.

more
    • TambauRavelle's Profile Photo

One day trip from Amsterdam to Brussels.

Amsterdam Apr 12, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Hi, guys
      I will gonna stay in Amsterdam for 4 days entire days, and I am wondering if worth it take one day trip, from Amsterdam to Brussels !

more
    • transportation and connection keukenhof to Haarlem

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2015 at 9:29 AM

We want to buy a ticket (bus858) and entry to the garden in Keukenhof. We would take the opportunity, since we will be in the area, to visit Haarlem once the visit of the garden is over.
      Is it possible to take a bus to Haarlem and come back to Keukenhof to take 858 bus (already paid) to get back in Amsterdam the same day, of course?
      How fare is Haarlem from Keukenhof?
      thank you
      tremblantoise

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Train or Car in the Netherlands

Netherlands Apr 12, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Going to visit Netherlands in September. We will fly from Canada to Amsterdam and make our way down through the Netherlands and to Brussels then Paris before returning to Canada. Do we need a car in the Netherlands? Would like to see Haarlem, The Hague, Gouda, and Burges. Are there some things that we should definitely see? We have about 3 weeks for the trip and longer
      if need be.
      Any suggestions?

thanks
      Rick M

more
    • schiphol airport

Amsterdam Apr 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Is it easy to find a locker for 2 carryon bags in the airport?

Is the bus 858 to Keukenhof departure from the parking Schiphol is the only site where it starts?

Can someone give me the best itineray to visit Amsterdam and the outside in 4 days?

Thank you
      Tremblantoise - Qu├ębec canada

more

what else I must visit while in netherlands?

Netherlands Apr 21, 2015 at 7:32 AM

we have done:
      1) Amsterdam
      2) The Hague
      3) Haarlem
      4) Zaanse Schans
      5) Leiden
      6) Alphen aan den Rijn
      7) Rotterdam
      8) Kinderdijk
      9) Apeldoorn
      10) Arnhem
      11) Utrecht
      12) Delft
      13) Groningen and Leeuwarden

what else? we will not come back I do not want to miss anything important :)

more