Zaragoza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Holiday activities for 16 year olds

by Applepie Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hello my daughter is coming to zaragozza to stay with our Spanish friends. I would like her to be occupied during the day, mixing with Spanish young people, engaged in some activity.

Many thanks Lisa

more
    • Holiday activities for 16 year olds

by Applepie Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hello my daughter is coming to zaragozza to stay with our Spanish friends. I would like her to be occupied during the day, mixing with Spanish young people, engaged in some activity.

Many thanks Lisa

4 Answers 22 hours ago
    • gregorheard's Profile Photo

Living in Zaragoza

by gregorheard Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM

We're looking to spend six months in Spain next year, and think Zaragoza would be a good spot to live. There is me, my wife and two young boys - they'll be four and one by there. In terms of Spanish speaking - I've done two uni-level units but am still very much in the basic category - Kate hasn't studied formally. I'd like to a short course at the uni. Our major questions surrounding getting good, medium term rentals for that period. What are the prices, and are there many furnished places? We were looking at somewhere between the Uni and the Casco Antiguo.... We're not planning on heading across for another year but fun to start planning now! Cheers, Gregor 

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • Zaragoza Airport - Pamplona by Buss

by NewCaminoFan Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi, I will fly on 1'st of April from Bucharest to Zaragoza.
      The plane will departure at 20h. At the same time the buss to Pamplona is scheduled for 20h too. So, my question is - Will the Buss wait for the passengers of my flight? I need this information for ticket booking.

4 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Zaragoza-Mdrid train

by MacedonianUK Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM

We are planing family trip to Zaragoza and Madrid for late Oct.
      Plan is as follows
      20-Oct to 24 Zaragoza
      Afternoon train to Madrid
      Madrid 24-28Oct
      28th early train to Zaragoza to pick up mid afternoon flight back home.

Now need more info on trains in Spain, I am looking into buying return tickets Zaragoza-Madrid-Zaragoza for 3 OAP ( over 65yrs old) 2 kids and 4 adults.
      I have been looking on http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/
      But I am unable to ind special fares for OAPs.
      I would like to buy the tickets ASAP , so I might bag a bargain.
      Any suggestions please.

8 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • is the city busy mid-August

by gcfalco Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

We're travelling though Zaragoza in a few weeks time. Is it worth a night there as opposed to say Logrono? Would either be very busy? Or will all the residents have gone to the coast!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Nice paces to live near Zaragoza

by brianandlina Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi there, we are moving to Spain in January for six months from Australia with our four young children. The purpose is for me (Brian) to learn Spanish and get the kids used to speaking it. Mum (Lina) is fluent and our children all understand everything in Spanish but speak mainly English.

We would like to live close to Zaragoza but not in the city itself. I will be attending Spanish classes at the University, while the kids go to a local school. We both want to practice our cooking and wine appreciation and possibly do some volunteer work with schools or church.

We had all of Spain to choose from and chose Zaragoza due to its climate between January and June and transport links to Madrid and Barcelona. All we need to find now is find a house to rent in small town or village with community, a winery nearby and a restaurant or two and our plan will be complete. Any advice anyone can offer on any of the above points will be very welcome indeed. Brian

11 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Travel

by Vincentmetzger Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM

How to get from Canfranc to Zaragoza by bus or train?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • garrouca's Profile Photo

bus on Aug. 15

by garrouca Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Hello I'm visiting Zaragoza on August 15 is there a possibility that would not be buses to Monasterio de Piedra Park since it will be holiday?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • Is it possible to take a short trip from Zaragoza to the Monasterio de Piedra Park?

by uniwhisp Online Now May 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I'm staying in Zaragoza for one day in July and the only thing I could find was an entire day trip. One bus leaves Zaragoza in the morning and returns in the evening. Is there anyway to go for a shorter amount of time? Is it possible to hire a driver or something like that?

1 Answer May 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • aausrele's Profile Photo

Airport transfer

by aausrele Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What is the cheapest way of getting from Airport to the town centre? I am arriving at 22:00 mid April.

Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    • ChristineS16's Profile Photo

Moving to Zaragoza for studies

by ChristineS16 Online Now Jan 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Hi there,
      I came across this forum in my desperate search for accommodation in Zaragoza. My husband and I are moving there for close to a year from me to study at the University of Zaragoza.
      My classes will be from 4 - 8 pm everyday, I am looking for accommodation that will be walking distance to Campus Rio Ebro. I would preferably like to find accommodation before we arrive beginning of next month.
      The challenge we are facing is that we can't speak Spanish (my degree program is in English) so the accommodation websites are not making much sense. :-(. Are there are sites in English or possibly estate agents who speak English. I promise to learn the language once there.
      Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • KatieJ14's Profile Photo

Monasterio de Piedra Park

by KatieJ14 Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Hi,
      We are hoping to visit Zaragoza in September,
      which is the best way to get to the Monasterio de Piedra Park?
      I have looked on the website but am not sure how close the train/buses stop to the park, and how long it would take?
      Many thanks katie

1 Answer Jul 18, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    • Motorcycle parking

by revinkevin Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM

We are passing through Zaragoza on our motorbike in september and would like to stop off to see Aljaferia. Is there anywhere we can park the bike?

• how much time do I need to get from Zaragoza airport to Delicias train station?

by alexandrrra Online Now May 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Hello everyone
      This year, at the end of June, I'm planning to come to Spain. I'll be arriving in Zaragoza at 3:30pm and I want to go to Pamplona. The last train is leaving Delicias Station at 5:30pm. Let's say it will take me an hour to get out of the airport. my question is: can I get to Delicias in, let's say less than an hour BY BUS?
      Thank you

2 Answers May 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    • Moving to work in Zaragoza need advice

by sonyplayez Online Now May 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Hi everyone I am new on the forum and wanted to ask a few questions in the hope to get suggestions and advice. I have been offered a volunteer position teaching English in Zaragoza and wanted to find more about it before deciding so the questions are as follows:

• Is apartment hunting difficult and can you find decent but cheap accommodation for one person? Does anyone know the rent per month in Euros for a studio or one bedroomed place? (Any websites you can signpost me to)

• Is English spoken or understood as I have never been to Spain or tried to speak Spanish.

• Can you meet people easily as I will not know a soul and would like to make friends outside the work environment.

• What is the weather like on all seasons? And what is the cost of living like compared to bigger cities in Spain.

• Are there good supermarkets and shopping centres or foreign brand shops.

• Any advice on what to bring or expect when living in Zaragoza and anything else a newcomer should know.

I would appreciate any suggestions or wisdom you may offer and hope to hear from you soon thanks.

Sunny :-)

8 Answers May 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • ginirover's Profile Photo

Fiesta San Valero

by ginirover Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 3:17 AM

We're going to Zaragoza next January and found out that by coincidence we're there during their fiesta San Valero (Jan 29).
      We do find enough explanations why this fiesta is taking placet, but nothing so far on what we can expect of this fiesta...
      Does anybody have an idea Would it be open to foreigners (I speak spannish) or is it more something for the locals ?

5 Answers Dec 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Train connection from the airport

by MacedonianUK Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM

I am due to go to Zaragoza in 3 weeks.
      I will be travelling with 4yrs old and our plane lands at 20.30local time..
      I know that buses run to the town centre every half hour till 22.15pm.
      I try to be organised and I would like to have back up and possibility of train usage..
      I heard that train should run to city center's station Delicias, ..
      Now question is till what time and where I can find timetables and prices, please??
      Any info will be appreciated...Many thanks
      MacedonianUK

1 Answer Oct 17, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    • Transporte Hotel Hiberus

by joanamopa Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Hola!

Tenemos una reserva en el Hotel Hiberus para el Puente de Noviembre. Sabemos que está un poco alejado del centro por lo que agradeceríamos si alguién nos puede informar si hay metro o lineas de bus cercanas al hotel (que nº).

También quisiéramos saber si hay OTA o es fácil encontrar aparcamiento por esa zona ya que el parking del hotel es bastante caro, ¿es segura la zona? Dejaríamos el coche del sabado a lunes que también es festivo.

Gracias. Un saludo.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Free guided tours around Zaragoza

by MacedonianUK Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 5:13 AM

I will be visiting Zaragoza from 6 to 9 November. & I am looking for guided tour around town. I read somewhere that Zaragoza has volunteering society similar to the one In New York, where native history enthusiast will show you around, but it has to be booked well in advance.
      I have been looking for this info on the web, but seems I have been looking in the wrong place as I can not find what I am looking for.
      The guided tour I found on offer is 3 hrs and it's cost €115. which I think is bit steep.
      Anyone knows such website and where to start looking??
      Many thanks.
      V

5 Answers Oct 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    • Considering living for the summer in Zaragoza

by jane11e Online Now Oct 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

My husband and I and 2 daughters ages 6 and 7 are considering living in Zaragoza for the entire summer (June thru Aug) so we can improve our Spanish and immerse ourselves in a different culture. (We're also considering Santander.) We are wondering which neighborhood(s) in Zaz are best for a family to live in, and whether we'll be able to enjoy the stay despite the heat. We live in Northern California. Any advice? Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Cheap accommodation with 4yrs old

by MacedonianUK Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 3:00 AM

I need info on cheap chain hotels in Spain, specially city of Zaragoza.
      I am looking for something equivalent to Premier inn in UK or Etap hotels in Germany, Holland & Austria.Something which won't break the bank.
      Any ideas where to start looking?
      I got cheap Ryanair tickets for November & I am taking my 4 yrs old girl with me.
      I just need something safe & clean for 4 nights.
      Many thanks!!
      V

3 Answers Sep 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    • Help

by anitacat Online Now Aug 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I have tried numerous places to find "Mirabal Gorge", I have looked at the parks, cities etc. but can't find where it is exactly. My sister and I would like to go there next year when we go to Zaragosta.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Taking the El Camello train to Canfranc

by ladysail Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I would like to take this regional train from Zaragoza to Canfranc, but cannot find out much information about it. Does it still run? Does one need advance reservations? If so, where would I book it online? I'm from Canada. I'm not going to be in Spain until Oct 2011..so I'm planning a bit ahead. I'm also going to spend time in Zaragoza before heading back to Barcelona.

The adventure sounds very scenic and historical. Has anyone ever done this?

Thank you for any help and suggestions!!

6 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    • zaragoza in two days

by natansz Online Now Jun 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM

A family of three (2 adults and a 16 year old) would like to explore Zaragoza in two days. What to do, tapas recommendations, anything you like to tell us about what's great about the city.
      Appreciated.

2 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    • Bada-Ran's Profile Photo

HOTELES DE CARRETERA ENTRE ZARAGOZA Y LA RIOJA

by Bada-Ran Online Now Oct 8, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Hola a todos!
      necesito de manera un poco urgente (para mañana) algun hotel de carretera que esté en la autopista Zaragoza - La Rioja. viniendo de Barcelona, por la noche pasaría por zaragoza allá a las 11, no creo que pueda llegar mucho mas lejo.

alguien me podría dar nombres e hoteles?

gracias!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    • Fiesta del Pilar

by dseckel Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I'I'd like to attend the Fiestas del Pilar at its peak, but I'll be touring by car, and it seems a bad time to try to book a reasonably priced hotel and bring a car into the core of the city. Can anyone recommend someplace to stay nearby (even if several km), on any train line, with easy and frequent access into Zaragoza? Thanks.

7 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 1:24 AM
    • Zaragoza Card, "Hidden Gems" and "Must Eat" Here Restaurants & Bars?

by Ladyplus Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Hello,

1. Has anyone purchased and used the Zaragoza Card (24 hour)? Was it worth it?

2. What are your "Hidden Gem" finds and why?

3. Where are your "Must Eat" restaurants & bars? Why? What's the best dish?

Thanks!!!

4 Answers Aug 10, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    • Location, Location, Location?

by Ladyplus Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to decide where to stay for the evening while in Zaragoza. I would like to be centrally located near the tourist sites, restaurants and all transportation. If anyone is familiar with these areas, I would appreciate your unbiased opinion to help me select which area is best for my short stay.

1. Espoz y Mina, 33
      2. Pº de los Puentes, 2
      3. Marques de Casa Jiménez, s/n

3 Answers Aug 10, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    • From Zaragoza to Estella

by jelka1 Online Now May 27, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Hi,
      How is it possible to travel from Zaragoza (airport) to Estella (to Camino Frances) - train or bus and what are the scedules?
      Thank you for the answer!
      Greetings,
      Jelka

3 Answers Jun 4, 2009 at 2:20 AM
    • leila12's Profile Photo

San Sebastian to Zaragoza

by leila12 Online Now May 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

What is the fastest way to get from San Sebastian to Zaragoza? The train or a bus? If it's a bus, can anyone suggest a good bus company that runs a San Sebastian-Zaragoza route? Thanks!!!

3 Answers May 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM