change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Zanzibar

by AnaLuiza Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Are 3 days is Zanzibar enough to enjoy the town?
      Thank you all in advance.

9 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    • St Monica's Hostel, Zanzibar

by zanzibar64 Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 3:04 AM

The guides will tell you and show you the basement of this guesthouse and tell you that it was a slave chamber. IN fact it was built after the slave trade was stopped in Zanzibar and had nothing to do with the slave trade. An expert on the architecture and history of Zanzibar, Prof. Abdul Sheriff has said, with proof, that it was probably built for storage of medicines and was never used for slaves. this fact does not detract from the history of slavery on the island of Zanzibar. But the need for tourists to have a shocking experience seems to have eliminated the facts of this case

1 Answer Sep 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    • Zanzibar?

by gateway100 Online Now May 29, 2008 at 2:21 AM

We are considering spending +- 10 days in Zanzibar in February 2009. The problem is that it will be at the end of a 3-month world trip and therefore we are going to be on a fairly tight budget. Is Zanzibar suitable for backpacking/fairly cheap travel or should we wait until we have refilled our purses and do it more luxuriously?

If you think we can do it cheaply, any recommendations of places to stay, how to get around etc would be appreciated.

Tks

2 Answers Jun 6, 2008 at 2:41 PM
    • leolund's Profile Photo

atm

by leolund Online Now Feb 21, 2006 at 9:27 AM

how about ATM s in Stonetown ?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2006 at 10:06 AM
    • Backpacker accommodation

by lonbeo Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 6:30 AM

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend good, budget backpacker places of accommodation??

Cheers

3 Answers Feb 22, 2006 at 5:59 AM
    • Place to stay in Stone Town?

by DanWiddon Online Now Apr 9, 2003 at 9:24 AM

Hello VTers. Hope some of you can help me on this one. As an exotic honeymoon destination, much of the info I've found today about rooms in Stone Town are aimed at the expensive end of the market. There isn't much left in the kitty, after flights from the UK, a safari and a flight to Zanzibar are paid for. So, can those of you who have stayed cheaply in Stone Town please suggest places to spend a couple of nights in Late July. Use whatever method you prefer to contact me. I look forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks in advance. Dan.

6 Answers Feb 23, 2006 at 9:50 AM