Zanzibar Island Travel Answers

change location

Zanzibar and safari?

by jpolzin60622 Online Now May 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Initially I slotted 9 days for a safari in Tanzania. After my research I feel like I don't need 9 days. Now I'm thinking about spending 2-3 full days in Zanzibar and 6-7 days on a safari. I haven't found much in forums about doing both.

Thanks for any advice.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Zanzibar and safari?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now May 23, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Hi
    Perfectly possible and a very good idea.
    Ideally would recommend doing the safari first, and then doing the beach component as a relaxing conclusion to your holiday.
    Chances are that you will be flying into Dar es Salaam anyway, so you can either catch a connecting flight to Zanzibar, or alternatively catch the ferry over.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ann_enc's Profile Photo

Re: Zanzibar and safari?

by ann_enc Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM

When youre thinking safari and Zanzibar in Tanzania, you are planning on a trip thats physically end to end with each other. So travel time in between should also be considered. Arusha is the first town at the border from Kenya where you can start safari: Kilimanjaro, Ngoro ngoro, Serengeti are best places to see. There are plenty of safari operators in Tanzania depends on where you want to go.

Going down to the main capital, which is Dar es Salaam thats on the other end, its where you take the ferry to Zanzibar. The island is just small and you can practically go around even without a guide as most historical sites are clustered in one place, save for the spice farms if that will interest you. If you get tired walking theres a tuktuk, motorcycle cab to take you around.

Hope this helps. Have a safe trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zanzibar Island Travel Answer Locations