Zanzibar Island Travel Answers

change location
CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Has anyone stayed at the Coral Rock Beach Bungalows?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Hi
We are considering staying at the Coral Rock Beach Bungalows in Zanzibar next January.
It will be a family affair, with grandparents in their 70s, us and our two children (then 8 and 5).
Has anyone else stayed there, and, if so, what was your experience?
Regards
Cathy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Coral Rock Beach Bungalows?

by sphynxxs Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Would this be at Jambiani Beach? I stayed at Coral Rock Hotel there, and it is a nice, relaxed place. The so called infinity pool is not really a big affair, but the beach is just in front of the hotel - the water is rather shallow unless it is high tide, but with rather young children this might be even better. The bandas were very nice, Swahili style. It is not a place where you will find hotel animation, but beach walks, snorkelling etc are good. the fishing village is just around the hotel, so you can watch the fishermen work on their nets or children collecting seaweed. When I was there there were not any families around - it seemed to be more the Western girlies crowd looking for local boyfriends and vice versa. But in no way a "hook me up" place, very relaxed and friendly.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Coral Rock Beach Bungalows?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hi Kasia
    Yes - that's the one!
    Very useful feedback - sounds like it might well suit us based on your feedback.
    Although I will not necessarily have to venture into the village as I will be bringing my own man ... ;)
    Thanks and regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zanzibar Island Travel Answer Locations