Zanzibar Island Travel Answers

change location

Solo traveller looking for beach resort where can meet people

by soloexplorer Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 3:53 AM

I am a 30something single female working in Nairobi planning to take my 10 day vacation in August to sit myself on the beach in Zanzibar. I want to relax, take in some rays, enjoy spa treatments but also meet people to have a drink with at night and enjoy the night life with. Any suggestions on nice resorts that are not to family-focused but also not to many 18 years olds getting sloppy drunk every night??

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Solo traveller looking for beach resort where can meet people

by Odinnthor Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I prefer to stay in Stone Town, and am familiar with this hotel there. It is the Zanzibar Palace Hotel, a small but beautiful and friendly place. Most attractions there are within walking distance. There are others of course, but I do not know them. Here is my page on the hotel.

Zanzibar Town Hotel Tips by Odinnthor

....and here is a look at Stone Town.......

zanzibar.net/zanzibar/stone_...

On the other hand, since you are looking for a beach resort, then I can recommend the Breezes. Check it out. Again, there are others but this one I know.

http://www.breezes-zanzibar.com/

Not many people ask about Pemba Island, but it is worth a look. It has been a while since my time there, but I can tell you that some of the very best diving in the Indian Ocean is to be had there.

I had to look, to see if Swahili Divers owned and run by a Raf and Cisca, a very nice couple, - were still operating, and found they have moved up north to Kervan Saray. They used to be in Chake Chake. They have opened up a resort there and knowing Swahili, it appears to be idyllic and eco friendly. Take a look:

kervansaraybeach.com/resort....

Here is the seperate website of Swahili Divers, although you can get there from the resort site.

swahilidivers.com/welcome.ht...

If you are already in Zanzibar, you are likely just to want to chill out, so the Kervan would be perfect. There is always the Fundu Lagoon if you are not into the hidaway up north. This place I do know, and it lives up to its awards. It is also much closer to CHace Chake and the airport.

http://www.fundulagoon.com/

Hope you feel the Karibu (welcome in Kiswahili), as much as I did. Thanks for bringing me back to Zanzi. Good luck and enjoy the Spice Islands.......d:o)

Hope this helps.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zanzibar Island Travel Answer Locations