Zanzibar Island Travel Answers

change location
LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo

Beach vs Stone Town

by LuisGuimaraes Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 2:53 PM

Hey! I'm going to spend some days in Zanzibar in a month and staying at the beach, near Mnemba, like an hour drive from Stone Town. In 3 days, what do u suggest? Just diving and suntanning? Drive everyday to Stone Town and chill there? Or spending two days on the beach and 1 day chilling in Stone Town (as I am thinking to do). Or, rather than those, what exactly is there to do in Zanzibar's Northeast coast? Or in Zanzibar as a whole? Is it worth to rent a car and explore the Island, rather than suntanning/diving? Do fishermen take us with them fishing, if we ask for it and are willing to give a helping hand? (Portugese fishermen do allow that) Again, a huge post of me! Thanks you all!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mujgabi's Profile Photo

Re: Beach vs Stone Town

by mujgabi Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 5:09 AM

I would definetly recommend Stone Town! From there you can drive out along the island and meet a very poor but fascinating world. From Stone town you can rent a local dow and go to Prison Island, snorkle and see the giant turtles. Fishing, probably, too. Stone City is very much worth exploring. so don't be lazy, sunbathing can be done anywhere else :) Regards, Gabi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zanzibar Island Travel Answer Locations