Zanzibar Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Zanzibar - Mnemba atoll

by bobtheduck1 Online Now May 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM

I'll be travelling to Zanzibar early September, and want to spend a few days at a beach with easy access to Mnemba Atoll. I also want to be able to swim / snorkel from the beach if possible. I was thinking Matemwe, But can you also get to Mnemba easily from Jambiani, and is that a better beach?
      Also, can you do a spice tour from Matemwe or do you end up being taken most of the way back to Stone Town to do it?

more
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Resorts near villages and restaurants

by Terje1966 Online Now May 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Where on the island should we stay if we want shopping and dining around the resorts.(apart from Zanzibar town).
      It seems that a lot of the resorts are in remote areas where you will have to dine at the hotel.
      I find it difficult to choose and not so easy to find out what is around the resorts.
      Is there anything we should know about differences between east and west coast ? Is any of them more beautiful than the other??

more
    • Zanzibar - Mnemba atoll

by bobtheduck1 Online Now May 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM

I'll be travelling to Zanzibar early September, and want to spend a few days at a beach with easy access to Mnemba Atoll. I also want to be able to swim / snorkel from the beach if possible. I was thinking Matemwe, But can you also get to Mnemba easily from Jambiani, and is that a better beach?
      Also, can you do a spice tour from Matemwe or do you end up being taken most of the way back to Stone Town to do it?

• Terje1966's Profile Photo

Resorts near villages and restaurants

by Terje1966 Online Now May 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Where on the island should we stay if we want shopping and dining around the resorts.(apart from Zanzibar town).
      It seems that a lot of the resorts are in remote areas where you will have to dine at the hotel.
      I find it difficult to choose and not so easy to find out what is around the resorts.
      Is there anything we should know about differences between east and west coast ? Is any of them more beautiful than the other??

1 Answer May 15, 2015 at 12:09 AM
    • Spending money

by keraklebba1 Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi there, please help, average spending money per day for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children)
      Just an idea of average lunch costs, curious etc.
      Thanks

Kera

1 Answer Apr 21, 2015 at 3:01 AM
    • Family holiday spending money

by keraklebba1 Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Hi there,
      please help, what would an average daily allowance be for a family in Seychelles. Accommodation/breakfast/dinner all pre paid.
      thank you
      Kera

2 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a good beach resort?

by BE001903 Online Now Dec 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We want to book +- 4 days at a beach resort in Zanzibar (after a short stay in Stone Town). We'll be going next year first week of June (after a 2 week safari ).
      I'm looking for: nice (preferable harass free ) beach, possibility to swim in the see, hotel with clean rooms with sea view, nice and clean pool, restaurants with à la carte possibility (preferably no buffets), possibility to book boat (and other ) tours with a preference for smaller hotels. Has anyone been to such a Zanzibar beach hotel (price range similar to Blue bay Beach resort which was proposed by the local agent but which seems to have reviews ranging from good to awfull)

3 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • General information about Zanzibar

by tetufi Online Now Aug 29, 2014 at 5:52 AM

We are 4 adoults and 2 teenagers who wants to visit Zanzibar next year. We would like to arrive at the end of July and be there for about two weeks. When I search the web I find the hotels to be very expensive. Can anyone give me good advice about whereto stay? It is ok to pay up to 2000 American dollars pr week for all of us. We would love to stay near the beach. Which part of the island would you prefere? I have reas thar the northern side is the best? Grateful for any answers :))

3 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • Single female traveller looking for beach place to stay

by EmFaulks Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Hey there, I am heading to Zanzibar to spend time with some friends who are working in the hospital. I intend to head to a beach first for a few nights and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere relatively inexpensive where I will be able to sunbathe and relax, but not be completely isolated on my own. Many thanks in advance

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Weather update

by Zanzibar2014 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Hello. We are two friends coming to Jambiani on May 2nd. The weather forecast do not look to promising. It says rain every single day from now until we leave non May 11th. Could you maybe update us a bit on the weather conditions? Many thanks.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • best lodge or hotel

by Becki100 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Am looking for decent accommodation on a budget, beach side plus club near by! Any suggestions

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • ZANZIBAR IN APRIL

by chakazulu Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM

CAN YOU SWIM IN THE RAINY SEASON? DOES IT RAIN CONTINOUSLY?

4 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    • Mareid's Profile Photo

Women sunbathing in Zanzibar beaches

by Mareid Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My son and daughter-in-law are thinking about spending a few days in Zanzibar as a delayed honeymoon. I'm a bit concerned about possible problems with sunbathing in a bikini on the beach. I realize that it is a Muslim country and I read that women should cover their arms and legs when walking around. What kind of trouble would a woman encounter trying to sunbathe on the beach in a bikini?

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • taticarrere's Profile Photo

car rental at airport

by taticarrere Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I would like to rent a car at the airport. any subgestion of campanies? also I wonder if could be possible to travel from kendwa to south part of the island in one day. Do I need the international driving licence or just the driving licence.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Feb 27, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • taticarrere's Profile Photo

car rental at airport

by taticarrere Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I would like to rent a car at the airport. any subgestion of campanies? also I wonder if could be possible to travel from kendwa to south part of the island in one day. Do I need the international driving licence or just the driving licence.
      Thanks in advance

• zanzibar activities

by loonatm Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi i was wondering if there any companies that offer packages like parasailing, jet skiing etc?please advise i dont want to be ripped off when i go there. thanks alot.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • CliffordG's Profile Photo

Zanzibar December holiday

by CliffordG Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Hi which is the best hotel during December full board that offers us the best outdoor activity's and daily entertainment - such as you would find at Club Med Mauritius

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • DanielK23's Profile Photo

Zanzibar island night clubs.

by DanielK23 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Am visiting Zanzibar island from December 23 to January 2nd 2014, any one who knows a nice night club where i can be enjoying my evening ?

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Zanzibar -all inclusive

by JodiMiller Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hello, I'm looking at booking about 4 or 5 days at the end of my honeymoon on the beaches of Zanzibar. Do you know of any all inclusive resorts/lodges with white sand beaches (not rocky), decent price?

3 Answers May 31, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Schistosomiasis

by pdenniston Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Any recently reported incidents of Schistosomiasis at Stone Town or Chumbe Island Coral Park?

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    • OlahC's Profile Photo

Nice places to sleep i Zanzibar

by OlahC Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hi all,
      Does any one recommend any nice but affordable places one can sleep at King stone

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    • Resort food and local beverages

by MsYRT Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Hi. We will be staying at a 5* resort. I was wondering if it is safe to eat fruit and veg at resort, and drink the local fruit juices and beer? Wat about drinks with ice in it? I'm really worried about getting sick from contaminated food and drinks... Please advise

• RESTAURANT AND BAR OFFERS İN KENDWA-NUNGWİ

by deren90 Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Hello, we will be be staying at Kendwa Rocks for 5 nights on October . Can anyone advise us any bars and restaurants around this Hotel or near ?

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • advice on Zanzibar trip

by naomi30 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Hi I am going to Zanzibar on the 13th of September with my boyfriend as part of a longer trip to Africa, and I have left it really late to book a hotel and do my research... we will be staying in Zanzibar Town on the first night, only for a night and then travelling the next day to one of the beach resorts on the East Coast. So far I have looked at the Shangani Hotel which is $80 for 2 people sharing, we are on a budget. as for Beach towns we are looking at Matemwe, Kendwa, Pongwe and Jambiani. Does anyone have any advice on where they think is best and any budget hotel recommendations? We are mostly wanting to chill out on the beaches with a few excursions as we will have just climbed Kilimanjaro! Thank you for any advice! naomi

7 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • Info - Amaan Bungalows in Zanzibar in December?

by Dominique26 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hi, can anyone give me information on your experiences or knowledge of the Amaan Bungalows in Zanzibar. Is the accommodation good? Is it in a good part of Zanzibar? Any info will do. Thanks to those that will answer (in advance), thanks D

8 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    • Best Foodie Hotel

by mariospk Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Climbing kilimanjaro and considering a place to go after 3-4 nights where we can relax, chill, and eat great food. What would be the best hotel for this, within our budget of $200 per person per night. Any place with cool design will be much appreciated.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    • Map availability

by VicSmith Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM

i want to be able to plan a walk (~60km 3 days), is there a source of decent maps (1:25000 or thereabouts) for Zanzibar? So far I've only located road maps/street guides

1 Answer Jul 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Visas from July 2013

by Elsiemaree Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I would like to find out if you still need a visa for Zanzibar if you have a valid South African Pasport?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • Kicianka's Profile Photo

Have you been there?

by Kicianka Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Hello! I am looking for somebody who can tell me something more about Zanzibar and recommand a hotel. I went to TripAdvisor and I like the 3rd one among Zanzibar Hotels, but I want some more feedback and tips.

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • Jouval's Profile Photo

Visa

by Jouval Online Now May 25, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Is it possible to purchase a Visa upon arrival at the airport and if so what is the cost please. I don't fancy having to travel from Edinburgh to London just to get a Visa then go home again.

My thanks in advance

9 Answers May 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    • Stone Town first or last?

by SarahMenhinick Online Now May 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We are travelling to Zanzibar for 7 days and spending our first two nights in Stone Town. My husband thinks we should rather spend our last two days in Stone Town. any recommendations/advise? Should we change our travel plans?

thanks

• Budget Honeymoon for 7 days

by SarahMenhinick Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM

We are torn between doing an all inclusive package deal for 7 days from South Africa or making our own itinerary and winging it while we are there. We did the later in Greece and it was AMAZING - just talking to the locals and getting advise along the way on where to stay etc...
      We are not really into the resort type accommodation as we are more in search for the authentic experience of the culture and nature that Zanzibar has to offer. We would like to snorkel and explore - we are not the type to hang around the hotel..
      What would be more economical?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 4:15 AM