Zanzibar Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a gym

Mwanza Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hi could anybody direct me to any gyms in Mwanza? I would like to know roughly how much they charge and if they do classes?

Thanks

more
    • monica88's Profile Photo

Expats in Mwanza

Mwanza Mar 31, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Hi!
      Im a new expat living in Mwanza and would be living here for the next few months. I would like to meet other nice expats to explore the city and possibly travel. If you're interested, feel free to inbox me.

more
    • Hotels in Dar ess Salaam

Dar es Salaam Apr 15, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Which ones are the good hotels in Dar es Salaam?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day trip from Arusha to Lake Manyara / Tarangire National Parks

Arusha Apr 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Does anyone know if it is practical to make a 1-day return trip from Arusha to the Lake Manyara / Tarangire area? I guess it takes at least 2 hours driving each way, but that still seems to leave late morning and all afternoon to see the wildlife.

I am thinking of late June, so is it better to concentrate on Lake Manyara or Tarangire at this time of year?

If it is a practical option, does it need to be organized a long time in advance or can we organize it the day before, with a reliable operator of course?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Travel from Mwanza to Musoma

Mwanza Mar 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What is the best way to travel from Mwanza to Musoma in Tanzania? I have read that there are buses available in the mornings, but if these aren't available, is it there some sort of private transport which I can hire at a reasonable price?

Also, does anyone know a good hotel in Musoma with an email address so that I can contact them to book a room?

more
    • best lodge or hotel

by Becki100 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Am looking for decent accommodation on a budget, beach side plus club near by! Any suggestions

5 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • ZANZIBAR IN APRIL

by chakazulu Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM

CAN YOU SWIM IN THE RAINY SEASON? DOES IT RAIN CONTINOUSLY?

5 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    • Mareid's Profile Photo

Women sunbathing in Zanzibar beaches

by Mareid Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My son and daughter-in-law are thinking about spending a few days in Zanzibar as a delayed honeymoon. I'm a bit concerned about possible problems with sunbathing in a bikini on the beach. I realize that it is a Muslim country and I read that women should cover their arms and legs when walking around. What kind of trouble would a woman encounter trying to sunbathe on the beach in a bikini?

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • taticarrere's Profile Photo

car rental at airport

by taticarrere Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I would like to rent a car at the airport. any subgestion of campanies? also I wonder if could be possible to travel from kendwa to south part of the island in one day. Do I need the international driving licence or just the driving licence.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • taticarrere's Profile Photo

car rental at airport

by taticarrere Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I would like to rent a car at the airport. any subgestion of campanies? also I wonder if could be possible to travel from kendwa to south part of the island in one day. Do I need the international driving licence or just the driving licence.
      Thanks in advance

• zanzibar activities

by loonatm Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi i was wondering if there any companies that offer packages like parasailing, jet skiing etc?please advise i dont want to be ripped off when i go there. thanks alot.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • CliffordG's Profile Photo

Zanzibar December holiday

by CliffordG Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Hi which is the best hotel during December full board that offers us the best outdoor activity's and daily entertainment - such as you would find at Club Med Mauritius

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • DanielK23's Profile Photo

Zanzibar island night clubs.

by DanielK23 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Am visiting Zanzibar island from December 23 to January 2nd 2014, any one who knows a nice night club where i can be enjoying my evening ?

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • Zanzibar -all inclusive

by JodiMiller Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hello, I'm looking at booking about 4 or 5 days at the end of my honeymoon on the beaches of Zanzibar. Do you know of any all inclusive resorts/lodges with white sand beaches (not rocky), decent price?

4 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • Schistosomiasis

by pdenniston Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Any recently reported incidents of Schistosomiasis at Stone Town or Chumbe Island Coral Park?

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    • OlahC's Profile Photo

Nice places to sleep i Zanzibar

by OlahC Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hi all,
      Does any one recommend any nice but affordable places one can sleep at King stone

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    • Resort food and local beverages

by MsYRT Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Hi. We will be staying at a 5* resort. I was wondering if it is safe to eat fruit and veg at resort, and drink the local fruit juices and beer? Wat about drinks with ice in it? I'm really worried about getting sick from contaminated food and drinks... Please advise

4 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    • RESTAURANT AND BAR OFFERS İN KENDWA-NUNGWİ

by deren90 Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Hello, we will be be staying at Kendwa Rocks for 5 nights on October . Can anyone advise us any bars and restaurants around this Hotel or near ?

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • advice on Zanzibar trip

by naomi30 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Hi I am going to Zanzibar on the 13th of September with my boyfriend as part of a longer trip to Africa, and I have left it really late to book a hotel and do my research... we will be staying in Zanzibar Town on the first night, only for a night and then travelling the next day to one of the beach resorts on the East Coast. So far I have looked at the Shangani Hotel which is $80 for 2 people sharing, we are on a budget. as for Beach towns we are looking at Matemwe, Kendwa, Pongwe and Jambiani. Does anyone have any advice on where they think is best and any budget hotel recommendations? We are mostly wanting to chill out on the beaches with a few excursions as we will have just climbed Kilimanjaro! Thank you for any advice! naomi

10 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • Info - Amaan Bungalows in Zanzibar in December?

by Dominique26 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hi, can anyone give me information on your experiences or knowledge of the Amaan Bungalows in Zanzibar. Is the accommodation good? Is it in a good part of Zanzibar? Any info will do. Thanks to those that will answer (in advance), thanks D

11 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    • Best Foodie Hotel

by mariospk Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Climbing kilimanjaro and considering a place to go after 3-4 nights where we can relax, chill, and eat great food. What would be the best hotel for this, within our budget of $200 per person per night. Any place with cool design will be much appreciated.

6 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    • Map availability

by VicSmith Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM

i want to be able to plan a walk (~60km 3 days), is there a source of decent maps (1:25000 or thereabouts) for Zanzibar? So far I've only located road maps/street guides

1 Answer Jul 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Visas from July 2013

by Elsiemaree Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I would like to find out if you still need a visa for Zanzibar if you have a valid South African Pasport?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • Kicianka's Profile Photo

Have you been there?

by Kicianka Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Hello! I am looking for somebody who can tell me something more about Zanzibar and recommand a hotel. I went to TripAdvisor and I like the 3rd one among Zanzibar Hotels, but I want some more feedback and tips.

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • Jouval's Profile Photo

Visa

by Jouval Online Now May 25, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Is it possible to purchase a Visa upon arrival at the airport and if so what is the cost please. I don't fancy having to travel from Edinburgh to London just to get a Visa then go home again.

My thanks in advance

9 Answers May 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    • Stone Town first or last?

by SarahMenhinick Online Now May 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We are travelling to Zanzibar for 7 days and spending our first two nights in Stone Town. My husband thinks we should rather spend our last two days in Stone Town. any recommendations/advise? Should we change our travel plans?

thanks

4 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    • Budget Honeymoon for 7 days

by SarahMenhinick Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM

We are torn between doing an all inclusive package deal for 7 days from South Africa or making our own itinerary and winging it while we are there. We did the later in Greece and it was AMAZING - just talking to the locals and getting advise along the way on where to stay etc...
      We are not really into the resort type accommodation as we are more in search for the authentic experience of the culture and nature that Zanzibar has to offer. We would like to snorkel and explore - we are not the type to hang around the hotel..
      What would be more economical?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    • weather conditions during april and may

by SBD819U Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Hello, i am planning a trip to Zanzibar at the end of April and first week in may. I do believe it's the heavy rain season. Would you reccommend going during this period?

1 Answer Apr 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Prices

by bahlmaj Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I would like to get an idea of what one pays for basics like bread and milk etc. Also what a beer costs in a restuarant or bar , what a coke costs

• Zanzibar in April

by bertshelmet Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Is it still worth visiting Zanzibar in April as it is the rainy season? Essentially we want to find a nice quiet beach and chill. Any recommendations?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • Kendwa Accommodations

by jewelsg Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hi all,

We've heard that Kendwa has the best beach on the island. We are looking for a private bungalow on the beach. Hoping to find something that has a wee bit of privacy, if possible (though, I hear Kendwa is a pretty busy place).

We would like to stay in Kendwa or somewhere that is walking distance (up to 20 minute walk). Does anyone have any suggestions of a place that is nice, but not too expensive.

Thank you!!!! :)

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    • Zanizbar - Malaria tablets?

by ffffffra Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Hi
      I am planning a 2 week holiday in Zanzibar. I read that it is recommended to take malaria tablets but a friend of mine who's been there told me that it is not necessary.
      What's your experience?
      Thanks
      Kind regards
      Francesca

4 Answers May 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • About zanzibar

by 55652 Online Now Nov 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Hi. My partner and I are planning to go on holiday in Zanzibar. I want to find out
      Where is the best place to go for a young couple?and
      Do you travel or do you stay at the same place?
      What is the perfect duration to go?
      We do not have a specific date yet and want to know when is the best weather?
      Just want to find out all the information first?

2 Answers May 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • Debdom's Profile Photo

accomodation in stone town

by Debdom Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 5:14 AM

hi... i am wondering if there are any suggestions on accommodation in stone town for a reasonable rate under 50 dollars and with good amenities. i have heard the old slave quarter is an interestion area to stay..
      also, perhaps you can advise of the best way and rate from the airport to stonetown. thanks

1 Answer Jul 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM
    • Zanzibar North

by HarryZel Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Hi
      We am planning to stay in the North of the island for 25 nights between December and January.
      Any advise on what I need to know.
      Available food / resturants and prices
      Ect,
      Thanks
      Harry

4 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM