Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Antique furniture

Rhodes (Island) Oct 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I am looking to furnish a house in Rhodes with antique furniture. What I am looking for is traditional Greek island wooden sofas, rush taverna chairs, and old wooden table, wardrobe etc. Does anyone know if there are markets for this kind of thing, or second hand furniture and antique shops? Thank you.

Mykonos Sep 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM

We are to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini in end sep 15. The two options are Seajet (Superjet) (0940-1140) and Hellenic Seaways, (Highspeed 4) (1440-1715). So as to spend an additional evening in Santorini, we would prefer the earlier Seajet Ferry. However, the internet is full of negative reviews about this. We are not so much bothered about the sea sickness issue which may have a greater effect on the Superjet being a smaller vessel. However, the issue of dependability and punctuality etc is of major concern to us. Are Superjets really all that bad or are they merely victims of bad publicity launched by competitors. I seek the help of fellow VT members to help solve the dilemma.

• Greek itinerary

Greece Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

We are 60ish couple and like slow travel. This will be our first time in Greece, 4.5 weeks in spring 2016. We will spend a few days in Athens and then the rest of the time in the Peloponnese. We like to hike and also explore history/art/food/nature. We usually rent an apartment or house for 1-2 weeks and then do day trips from there.

My question is where to situate ourselves on the Peloponnese and what islands to go to if any? I was looking at Poros, Elafonissos, or????? I thought easier to get to an island closer to the Peloponnese rather than try to get to Santorini? Suggestions would be great! We will rent a car.

• car rental in Santorini

Santorini Island Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Is it possible to rent a car at the port in santorini without ordering in advance? Since I don't know the exact day, but it will be 1st week of October. will it be more expensive?

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Greece Sep 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM

We've been there twice, driving down the mountain from the west. We saw the beginning of the road going north to Zakros, it wasn't asphalted. Do you know this road? A non asphalted and not well kept road can be broken up, especially when it crosses creeks.

Of course we'll ask at the place, but we'll get the replies of people experienced in driving this road, and maybe with jeeps.

• Ferry tickets

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Traveling from Athens to Naxos on 17th and then Naxos to Santorini on 21st.
      Is it possible to buy one ticket with stop over in Naxos or I need to buy two Ticket.
      Ticket with stop over would be a cheaper option, if allowed.

My son is 10 years and 3 Months. Do I Need to buy child or adult ferry Ticket for him.

Athens Sep 7, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Need help in the following please: 1. Is there a Carrefour outlet in the Area the Syntagma Square and thereabouts? If yes kindly provide details.
      2. Which is the best way to get to Avenue Shopping Complex from the Hadrian's Arch area by public transport. Kindly provide details of Suburban trains and buses which connect with details of stations / stop from which to board.
      3 Any other Supermarkets in the vicinity of Plaka and thereabout.

• What Sun cream factor for Rhodes in July

Rhodes (Island) Sep 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM

What factor sun cream should i buy for a july holiday for adults and also for a 3 year old

• transportation

Greece Sep 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does any one know if they have uber in Santorini or Mykonos? if so, or if none, how easy or difficult is it to go around these Islands? been there before but the last time I was there I took a tour and the bus took us everywhere, this time, still on a tour, but we have free times most of the times

• Pre-paid Mobile Phone service and Ferry Info

Greece Sep 9, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I would appreciate if someone can recommend pre-paid mobile phone service that would provide high speed internet access with minimal calls in Athens, Santorini and Naxos

Also, making ferry reservations for travel on the following dates
      Athens to Naxos - 17th Sep
      Naxos to Santorini - 21st Sep

Would you recommend Economy seats (inside) or Air Seats lounge or Berth Inside
      travel with wife and two kids (10 and 13)

• Bus vs. Car Rental

Athens Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We will be traveling to Santorini Greece in July, 2016. I've been doing a lot of reading on using the bus system vs. renting a car and would like some guidance. I hear the buses are at full capacity during this very high tourist season, but I also hear that finding parking can be very difficult. We want to see many of the usual sights in Santorini including the beaches, ancient sights, old churches, etc. What do you suggest for transportation while we're there? If anyone recommends a rental car, do you have any tips for how to find parking at the various destinations? When we traveled to Italy, I found that we could reserve and pay ahead for parking in their parking garages in Rome where available parking is very rare. Thanks for your help!

• Making a connecting flight

Athens Sep 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Although I see someone who asked about making a connecting flight within the two hours they have between flights, I am asking if it is possible to make a connection if coming in to Athens on an international flight arriving 9:05 AM and taking the 10:15 AM flight on Aegean Airlines to Santorini. We will be traveling mid July 2016. The next available flight to Santorini is 1:15 pm.

• Taxi from Port- Piraeus

Greece Sep 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Searched web but was not able to find the answer.

Is the taxi fare from Port to city center fixed like it is from airport.

I arrive at the port via blue star ferry at 11:25 pm.

If not fixed, any idea on the fare at around mid night.

• maviyam's Profile Photo

A group transportaion from Piraeus to Athens and back

Piraeus Sep 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

We are a group of 12 people come to Piraeus on October 1 on a cruise. Is there any possibility to get a ride from the pier at port to Athens for the group without reservations.

• o_henna's Profile Photo

Visiting santorini

Santorini Island Oct 2, 2015 at 6:18 AM

We are three friends visiting Crete (3 days)- santorini not ( 2 days) - Mykonos ( one and half day) - Paros ( 2 days)
      Please suggest if this is a good itinerary or should we make any changes. We are somewhat on a budget, so please give us guidance as where all to go and is it possible to have one bike for the three of us ....we are safe drivers and petite.

Greece Sep 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

We are to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini in end sep 15. The two options are Seajet (Superjet) (0940-1140) and Hellenic Seaways, (Highspeed 4) (1440-1715). So as to spend an additional evening in Santorini, we would prefer the earlier Seajet Ferry. However, the internet is full of negative reviews about this. We are not so much bothered about the sea sickness issue which may have a greater effect on the Superjet being a smaller vessel. However, the issue of dependability and punctuality etc is of major concern to us. Are Superjets really all that bad or are they merely victims of bad publicity launched by competitors. I seek the help of fellow VT members to help solve the dilemma.

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Map of Crete

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 7:17 AM

I've got a 1:150,000 Marco Polo map of Crete, I don't find a date on it - but the label of the store is from 2011.Should I look for other or newer maps? We're going to drive at least a week in the west side.

I remember that there were several roads on the map that hadn't been built yet, only planned (I'm not going to look for them, I just remember that we got to places where we couldn't go on).

• Taxi Fare from AIrport to Syntagma Square

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Any estimate on the taxi fare from airport to Syntagma Square. Also, please suggest if there is a preferred taxi company with good fares.

Near Zante

• Bus timetables from Zakynthos to Isthmus, Corinth & Corinth to Galatas

by GoldenBouzouki Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 4:29 AM

We can find bus times from Zakynthos to Athens, but not the times they arrive at Corinth Isthmus. We are looking to transfer to the once a day Athens to Galatas bus to get to Poros in September.
      Does anyone know where can we find the timetables that will enable travellers to know which bus to catch to make connections at Corinth? The Ktel site is not easy

2 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    • Dado_O.'s Profile Photo

Where to stay with a little kid?

by Dado_O. Online Now Jul 15, 2015 at 3:48 AM

We wouldn't want to spend a week next to the Electronic music festival or something like that. So, what would you recomend?

• how much do trips cost

by leethefish Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 5:01 AM

hi all we are off to zante next week
      just wanted to get an idea of cost of the boat trips

2 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM
    • could anyone help?

by Chelsea88 Online Now Jul 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Hello guys , Me and my family of six are are going to Greece Kalamaki Zante , I was wondering are there any Scottish food over there ?

3 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    • laganas or maybe alykanas or tsilivi

by SharonJ24 Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 4:57 AM

Went to argassi June 2014 was thinking of going to laganas this year with my 9 yr old granddaughter. Apart from day trips do you think it would be suitable bearing in mind the chosen hotel is about 20 mins away from the main strip.hotel provide free transport for this.hoping there are shops and tavernas a bit closer.

• the price of

by the2ofus Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM

how much is the boat trip around zante island

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • Wifi in Zakynthos

by Greek.Shamrock Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I will be traveling in October and need reliable wifi for business. All the hotels say they have free wifi but all the reviews say it is not good. I know if I call the hotel they will say that their wifi is fine but I can't risk not being able to run my business when I am out of town on a guess I might have a wifi connection. Any suggestions?Help!

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    • Flights from Zante

by milburnator Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi. Im looking to travel from the UK to Zante for a 2 week stay in August of next year. The trip out is costing me £165 per person but the trip back is over £300! Does anyone know of a site I could use to split the trip and book direct with a Greek company to save myself a few hundred pounds.

Thanks. :)

7 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • Where is the best church to experience Orthodox Easter?

by JollyGirl Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I am travelling to zakynthos on May 2nd 2013. I really wish to participate in Orthodox Easter. I am staying at Tsilvi. Obviously, I guess any church would be good but where do you REALLY recommend?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • Laganas in October

by debbieq1966 Online Now Sep 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

We're going to Laganas for a week in on 19 October. I know it's not going to be as lively as it is in peak season, but will there still be bars and restaurants open?

• Naomi_B's Profile Photo

Laganas-Agios Sostis

by Naomi_B Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I will go to Agios Sostis in september and I would like to ask that how is agios sostis like? Are there shops and tavernas and discos? And the most important is that is there bus from Agios Sostis to Laganas?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    • travel from zante to thessaloniki

by sandramou Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi, my brother will soon be visiting Zante and whilst in Greece wishes to visit me in Halkidiki. Could you tell me the best route to get from Zante to Thessalonki. Thank you

3 Answers Jul 29, 2011 at 2:43 AM
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Laganas in May

by mariakaptein Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Hello, I will visit Zante and esp. Laganas in May and stay in
      a hotel app. 500 meters from the main street. My question is:
      will it allready be crowded with (drunken) English tourists..?
      I will rent a scooter and do walks/trekkings and visit villages
      monasteries etc.
      Thanks, maria

4 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    • fabulousfairy's Profile Photo

Mavrikas Apartment/hotel

by fabulousfairy Online Now Jan 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

We have just booked 2 wks in Zante in June this yr staying at the Mavrikas through Sky Travel has anyone stayed there? or read any reviews?

Thanks in advance xx

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    • Wedding in Zakynthos

by HelenaIreland Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 5:34 AM

I'm planning a wedding in Zakynthos next year and I have a few questions.
      Is early september a good time of the year to visit the island?
      I am not sure where on the island we will have our wedding, I have heard that Tsivili is very lively, but might not suit older people in our wedding party.

We want an area which is genuinely greek, with a bit to do, but mainly unspoiled and relaxed. Any suggestions?

Also, I am finding it hard to get information on transport between Zakynthos and Santorini, ideally we would love to cruise to Santorini after the wedding then spend a few days there. Is this possible?

2 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • Lilem1986's Profile Photo

by Lilem1986 Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Hi, what is the name of the village where that picture was taken?
      Im going back to Zante this year and would like to visit more of the villages.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    • Is Argassi a good choice for teenage boys?

by raindropontheshore Online Now Jan 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM

My friend and I are looking to stay at the Ketarina palace Studios in Argassi this August. It looks wonderful - my only hesitation is it is a good place for boys aged 17, 17, 15 and 12 to have a good holiday?
      Many thanks for all responses,

1 Answer Jan 29, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    • zakynthos recommendations!

by diarra Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 1:50 AM

Thinking to visit the island for a week with my wife in September.
      Want to find a most scenic, possibly more local feel hotel (4 stars or higher) that`s quiet, beautiful, with excellent service, amazing views, food and essentially the experience of a lifetime - that feels as far as possible from crowds / too touristy places, yet has access by bicycle (we can ride distances!) to great breathtaking scenery and also the quietest beaches and the best taverns / restaurants....
      asking too much?!
      thanks in advance

5 Answers Aug 26, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    • sanda.muntean's Profile Photo

Hotels on the beach

by sanda.muntean Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 9:17 AM

I need some informations about cheap hotels on the beach in Zakynthos, where I have the chance to find free room in August. I mean, price, location, possibilyties to eat, etc.
      Thank you everybody.

1 Answer Jul 28, 2008 at 2:55 AM
    • deukalion's Profile Photo

Turtles in Zakynthos

by deukalion Online Now Jul 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Hi all,

No matter i'm a Greek i've never been to Zakynthos yet; i'm going there this year though. I've heard about this wonderful turtle event and that only 3/1000 of them finally make it - i guess people have something to do with that.

Anyways, there is a day or a period of days that baby turtles pop out of their eggs and start walking towards the sea. This has to be a great thing to watch so i'd like to ask if anyone got to see it and what was the date cos i'd like to go.

I already know turtles leave their eggs between June and August, but i wanna know when the eggs get broken and newborns get out.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM
    • Island hopping

by seka33 Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 11:47 AM

I am going to spend my summer holiday in Zante and would like to go to Kefalonia and Lefkada on the way back Does anyone know if there are ferries from Yante to Kefalonia and from Kefalonia to Lefkada and what are the prices approximately for two passengers and a car.

5 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • Hotel Contessa Argassi

by gabrielh1 Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I hope to holiday in argassi in sept next, and has anybody any info about Hotel Contessa Argassi is it fairly quiet area near there I dont want lots of night clubs or noisey pubs near hand.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    • air conditioning

by lynsscott Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Hi, Does anyone know how much air conditioning at derekas studios in laganas for two weeks is? Please

1 Answer Jul 6, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    • zante

by Lynnsscott Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Does anyone no what Derekas studios are like in zante,laganas?

1 Answer Jul 2, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    • Weather

by Lynnsscott Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Im going to zante the first two weeks of September and want nice sunbathing weather.. does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year??

2 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 5:09 AM
    • Spas in Zante

by cleahy Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Hi there,
      I am headed to zakynthos in Sept and was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for a spa there? I am staying in a condo not a specific hotel...

• thessaloniki - patras distance

by ivonabobic Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 4:04 AM

i'm traveling to zakynthos for my holiday, by car. i wanna now what is the best way to reach zakynthos from thessaloniki? how distanced is zakynthos from thessaloniki in km? since i know patra - kilini is 76 km, how distanced is thessaloniki - patra?
      thank you in advance
      ivona from serbia

2 Answers Jun 11, 2008 at 10:50 AM
    • Money Exchange?

by Esereth Online Now May 31, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Does anyone know whether it is better to change from pounds to Euros on Zante or will the rates be better if we change the money before we leave the UK?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2008 at 10:06 PM
    • Local Transport

by Crantock Online Now May 25, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Hi, we are spending 2 weeks in Tsilivi in early September, does anyone know how easy it is to get around Zante using local buses?? For example getting into Zante town and other popular spots??

2 Answers May 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    • Suggestions Please :-)

by o0Lisanne0o Online Now May 2, 2008 at 10:08 AM

I am look to go to zakynthos for 1-2 weeks with my boyfriend. We are in our early 20's.

Would you recommend this island or another island?

If Zakynthos where is a good place to stay that has a good nightlife?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2008 at 5:31 AM