Zandvoort Travel Answers

change location
mythosbaby's Profile Photo

Size of city, last train out, & nude beach :)

by mythosbaby Online Now May 22, 2004 at 11:08 PM

Hallo from Texas! We'll be in Nederlands 3rd week of June; based in Amsterdam, & want to see a few highlights in Haarlem, then out to the beach for the day. -How big is Zandvoort in population & area? What day(s) would be the best to go & why? -I've seen a link to the train schedules (THANK YOU!), but can someone tell me when to expect the last train's departure from Zandvoort to Amsterdam, latter June? -How do we get to the nude beach? Can we reach by foot easily, is it paid entrance with nearby vendors of food/drinks? Thanks for all the helpful info here, dear VT-ers! liz

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Size of city, last train out, & nude beach :)

by ATLC Online Now May 23, 2004 at 2:45 AM

You have 3 questions: 1) 33,82 km2 16.851 inhabitants (1 jan 2003) 8.209 houses (1 jan 2002) 9 km beach, of which 3 km nude beach 74,5 ha public green, of which 40 ha public dune terrain 46,5 km2 dune (National Park Zuid-Kennemerland and Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen) 4.435 jobs, of which 2.496 in tourism (2002) www.zandvoort.nl 2) I've taken Zandvoort-Amsterdam Central. And I've taken 21st of June, as an example. The last train is 56 minutes after midnight (that is actually 22nd of June). It's a 29 minute ride with a stopover in Haarlem. You can check out any other time schedule by going to the English version of the national railway: http://www.ns.nl/domestic/index.cgi 3) Nude beach South side of Zandvoort direction Langevelderslag (pole 68-71). 7 pavilions also rent out chairs and sunscreens. Reachable by train and bus. I guess the best way is to go ask at the train station in Zandvoort, which bus to take. There's a nice overview of the bikini and nude beach (panoramaview) on zandvoort.com/nl/beach/bcha-... Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mythosbaby's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Size of city, last train out, & nude beach :)

by mythosbaby Online Now May 26, 2004 at 7:32 PM

Anke-Thea, THANK YOU so much for the detailed info! I can't imagine being able to find it anywhere else so concisely put. I really appreciate your help! liz

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now May 26, 2004 at 10:49 PM

You're welcome!

• gslava96's Profile Photo

by gslava96 Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 8:55 AM

Can you recomend a good hotel near this beach? Thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines