Zamboanga City Travel Answers

change location
peluche35's Profile Photo

3 days in Zamboanga

by peluche35 Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM

My wife and I are going to Zamboanga in August and I have some questions.
I ┬┤ve read that there are not taxis from the airport to the city, Is that true?
I would like to take a dip at a beach. What is the best and safest beach?

What about a good restaurant to eat lechon?

I read that many people speak chavacano. As a spanish speaker , I wonder if I will have trouble understanding zamboangue├▒os and viceversa . If not, is English widely spoken?

Thank you all

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • monina_c's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days in Zamboanga

by monina_c Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I didn't see any taxi when I was there but there was a lot of jeepneys and tricycles. If you are staying in Lantaka Hotel, they are on the beach front so it's probably safe to swim there. If you want, you can probably rent a boat to take you to Pink Beach (Great Santa Cruz Island) about 20 min. away from the hotel. You won't have problems of being understood by the Zamboangenos as English is widely spoken there. :) No idea about the lechon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • peluche35's Profile Photo

by peluche35 Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Thanks Monina for the infomation

• decafondlus's Profile Photo

by decafondlus Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM

there are no cabs at the airport but lots of tricycles are lined up to take you where you want to go. The drivers can charge you a hefty 100php for a short ride, so be careful, i think the fare would start around 50php nowadays. What hotel will you be staying in, there's a hotel on walking distance called the Garden Orchid hotel.
    Chavacano is a vernacular of the spanish language and some visayan dialects so you will have very little or no problem understanding them. The people may be a little apprehensive speaking in the english language but they understand it very well.
    If you happen to be near Barangay Guiwan there are stalls at the front of the wet market selling lechon and you can probably get them at lower prices.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zamboanga City Travel Answer Locations