Zamboanga City Travel Answers

change location
jerich's Profile Photo

Is it safe for a foreigner to travel in Zamboanga?

by jerich Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 7:43 AM

My husband would love to see Zamboanga.The philippine travel guide book pictured out that Zamboanga is a beautiful and colorful place.But my question is:is it safe for a foreigner to travel there?And I am also interested to know about DAKAK RESORT.Where is Dakak resort located?Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Lensky's Profile Photo

Re: Is it safe for a foreigner to travel in Zamboanga?

by Lensky Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 7:48 AM

For me right know it is reasonably safe to travel there. It's been quite for quite sometime now. Especially if you want to stay in Dakak. One of zambo's political families own that resort so no worries there. :)

hope it helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kalambagohan's Profile Photo

by kalambagohan Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Zamboanga City and even the entire Mindanao region is basically peaceful. It is even peaceful compared to southern Thailand. However there are just too many uncertainties that makes people uncomfortable with the place. Just stay within tourist designated areas and probably hire a trusted local tour guide. Zamboanga is rich in culture and history. It was the major settlement in Mindanao during the Spanish era.

• Yla's Profile Photo

by Yla Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Zamboanga is relatively safe for local and foreign tourists. Dakak is a large resort property located in a cove of white sand beach. (sigh..) There are several postings on this resort, with Dipolog city as the airport hub.

Have a fantastic trip!

• backpacker24's Profile Photo

by backpacker24 Online Now Mar 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM

If you guys are planning to go to Zamboanga, I would highly recommend you guys stay in Dipolog City. It's pretty safe for foreigners to travel there. DAKAK is located in Dapitan (near where Rizal was exiled). You might as well hire a car to get you around places since they don't have muc traspo there (come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a single cab there! Hmmm.). If you wish to stay in Dakak the whole time, for safety concerns, you might as well deal with Dakak people who'd surely approach you at the airport. Try to see Rizal's house in Dapitan and Alano Farm in Dipolog. And 3003 Steps to Linabo Peak. And remember that Dipolog City is also the sardines capital of the PI. Get your pasalubongs there hehe. It's fun :)
    Misamis Occidental could be a point of travel too with the Aquamarine Park (Dolphin Island) their main attraction. There are also some nice beaches but unfortunately, haven't seen the vintas (these bancas with colorful sails).
    Anyway, I'll be coming there again this April.

• zarkony's Profile Photo

by zarkony Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Hi, i am sarconi, an employee of city planning office, zamboanga city
    maybe i can help you to visit our city.
    thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zamboanga City Travel Answer Locations