voyage scheds and fares? any tips?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Evan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Ric's Profile Photo

RE: Ferry to Sandakan (Wissam Liner?)

by Ric Online Now Jul 8, 2005 at 4:39 PM

Buenas, Evan. The most reliable ship to Sandakan from Zamboanga is the Wisma company (this may be your Wissam). There is an express ship which goes directly from Zambo to Sandakan in about 8 hours, which costs c. P2,200 (US$40) for first class. There is also a local ship which stops in Jolo and in Bongao (Tawitawi) enroute which costs c. P1,1000 (US$20) for first class and takes c. 16 hours. The Wisma Company has a ticket office right outside the pier in Zamboanga. There is also a ticket office on the second floor of the shopping center on La Purissima Street (can't remember the name). Wisma Enterprises has its own building (with adjoining restaurant) in town. The ship sails about 5 am every morning. Think about bringing your own food and water fon board. It's a great adventure, weaving among the islands of the Sulu Archipelago. I like the local ship because you encounter local people (Tausug, Samals) on their way to Sulu. However, if there is any unrest at the time you are sailing (e.g. Abu Sayef, shootings in Jolo) it might be best to avoid putting in to the local ports. Anyway, there is never a dull moment! Have a great trip. Ric

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mhiel's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Ferry to Sandakan (Wissam Liner?)

by mhiel Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 10:42 PM

happy trip evan!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Zamboanga City Travel Answer Locations