Zamboanga Travel Answers

change location
sgmjb's Profile Photo

Lantaka Hotel & Safety

by sgmjb Online Now May 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hi

I plan to travel to Zamboanga in mid August and stay at Lantaka Hotel.

Could someone who know help me with the following questions :

1. Is Lantaka a safe hotel to stay ?

2.Are the restaurants and other facilities at Lantaka well patronized by locals so much so that its too crowded at times ?

3. Can we depend on the hotel to provide a safe airport pickup and drop off service ?

4.Are there any reliable and reputable spa/massage service around the vicinity of Lantaka Hotel.

5.I would like a single room facing the sea and the pool.Which floor would be the best to ask for ?

6.What are good eating joints around Lantaka ( any time of food..ie Filipino, Western, Japanese etc )

7.Can anyone recommend some names of companies that provide a care rental service ( with driver )..safe , reputable company with competitive rates ...ie to move around Zambonga instead of using tricycles

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • PinoyTraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Lantaka Hotel & Safety

by PinoyTraveler Online Now May 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM

let me answer you per item as enumerated above:

1. yes (the police and city hall is a walk away)
    2. only weekend lunches and dinners but not too crowded
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. second floor (you can see the pool & fast craft pier)
    6. make it "around zamboanga since everything is relatively near)
    7. the travel agency at lantaka (lower ground floor)

on item 4 and 6, my best bet is over at Garden Orchid Hotel (a few steps from the airport) but just a short trike ride from Lantaka. esp for item 6 the area teems with good establishments

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Lantaka Hotel & Safety

by rtob2060 Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I am going there too, when are you arriving. I would like to stay there too but not sure. I like the Garden Orchid Hotel looks but not at118/night. What is the rate here do you know? Russ

• emily120's Profile Photo

Re: Lantaka Hotel & Safety

by emily120 Online Now May 7, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Hi, yes it is indeed safe to stay in Lantaka. The restaurants offer a varied gastronomical feast that you can surely pig out. At times it can be too crowded but if that happens then you can try their outdoor seating arranngements. The accomodating waiters can always grant your request. In regards with your room type you can request it at the looby or the booking agent. You can also ask them if they offer a reliable rental service for your tourist needs. They will be glady help you with your questions.

• Re: Lantaka Hotel & Safety

by ayan_who Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Sirs,

may we know the rate in Lantaka? Were heading in Zambo next week and no place to stay yet? How about Inns? any place to recommend? Thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Zamboanga