Zambia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visiting in June- need recomendations

Livingstone Apr 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Any suggestions of places to eat in Livingstone?
      Any particular sites worth visiting in town?

• Trains in Zambia

Zambia Mar 29, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Is it possible t travel by train in Zambia nowdays? What can you tell me about how it works?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • Best Campsites in Livingstone

Zambia Feb 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM

We will be arriving by vehicle in May and looking for somewhere to camp for a couple of nights. Where are the best, and safest places to camp in Livingston?

• visa for travelling in zambia, zimbabwe and namibie

Zambia Feb 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hello

I am planning to travel by bus an train as follows:

Zambia: arriving + 3 days (go by bus to Zimbabwe)
      Zimbabwe: 5 days (go by train to livingstone)
      Zambia: 3 days (go by bus to namibia)
      Namibia: 5 days (go by bys to zambia)
      Zambia: 5 days+ departure

This means that I have to enter three times the boarder of Zambia. Do I need a multiple visa? But these are not available at the border. What are other possibilities? 3 times a transit visa? Since I am not less than 7 days in Zambia each time. But I need them before I am going by bus or train to the border. Can I get three times a transit visa at the airport? And what about Zimbabwe, I also need that one before going by bus to Zimbabwe?

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • visited kitwe before?

Kitwe Jan 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM

what do you think of kitwe, been a tourist town, if you have visited zambia before

1 Answer Jan 22, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • johnkatengura's Profile Photo

i want to know pls

Lusaka Dec 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i have a plan to travel to lusaka this next year january so i would realy like to know .some nice hotels where i can spend 2 weeks .thanks

1 Answer Dec 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • Which backpack should I choose?

Zambia Dec 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I am travelling to Zambia in March for 6 weeks, stopping in London for 4 nights, and then going to Vietnam for 1 month. I know I want a Gregory backpack, since they fit me extremely well. I also know I want around 50L to 60L backpack. I've been looking at the Gregory Cairn 58 and the Gregory Deva 60. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to take with me! I like that the Cairn has more ventilation in the waistbelt and harness, but am unsure of all the different compartments and thin shoulder straps (since I will most likely be wearing tank tops/T'shirts, will it dig in?)? I like the Deva because it has the extra lumbar support and the easy accessible water bottle holder, but am unsure about all the different features and that it has no rain cover included. At this point, any advice/recommendations/suggestions/comments would help.

Thank you!

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • From Lusaka to Dar Es Salaam by bus

Lusaka Nov 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM

If you want to go from Lusaka to Dar Es Salaam by bus, which bus company would you suggest? The only one I can find is called Scandinavia Express (Scandinaviagroup.com), and i can't contact them by phone, email or anything and their website hasn't been updated for years..

1 Answer Nov 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    • Felix_Zurita's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Livingstone Oct 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Any suggestion where to stay in Livingstone during November 18th to 20th? as usual low cost and good location, any recommendation fellow traveler?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • Kafue, Lower Zambezi or South Luangwa

Zambia Aug 14, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi, we will visiting Liuwa plains end of november and would like to visit either kafue, lower zambezi or south luangwa NP as well (first week of december) Many lodges close from december because of the rains, does anyone know which place would be the best place to go to that time of the year? (we will be travelling by 4x4 with rooftop tents, budget as low as possible)

• Lake Tanganyika from Livingstone

Zambia Aug 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Any one visiting to lake tanganyika this December? I am traveling alone and was wondering about the possible options of going there from either livingstone or lusaka!

• networking site for expats in Kitwe

Kitwe Jul 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

hey all, I wanted to mention a site I found: linkexpats.com Has any of you guys used it before? what are your thoughts?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • Zambia self drive

Zambia Jul 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Hi,
      i would love to visit Zambia in self drive this summer, but i need a little help before start with my project.
      We are two people and we would like to visit South Luangwa, Lower Zambesi and Victoria Falls By ourself, but we don't have experience in 4x4 drive, exept for a 3 weeks in Namibia, just through the main roads.
      Is this something that we can do?
      Thanks a lot
      Leo

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Travelers check

Livingstone Jul 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Is it worth having travelers checks in Livingstone? Or is too much of a hassle?

8 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • Traverser check

Zambia Jul 4, 2013 at 4:08 AM

can I use travelers checks in Livingstone?

3 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    • ALPHA BAR

Lusaka Jun 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM

where is Alpha Bar ??
      How are the rates & is it open on all days??
      Pl get back to me , ASAP.
      Thanx,

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • phone number royal lodge

Lusaka Jun 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM

i would like to get some contact details of Royal Lodge, 517 Jacaranda Crescent. victoria falls

8 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • from kenya to zambia

Zambia Jun 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM

i am an Ethiopian, i come to Kenya for a viste and i want to go Zembia buy buss. can you tell me how i can do that ?

• Public transport cost in zambia

Lusaka Jun 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM

i would like to find out the price of public transport in Zambia to rural areas.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    • Border Crossing

Zambia May 25, 2013 at 3:15 AM

I am travelling with my grand daughter (15) from Bulawayo (by train) to Vic Falls where we plan to cross over to Livingstone. I haven't crossed here before and have been reading some horror stories about the border posts ie: long waits, surly custom officals, persistent craft sellers and the long walk between the 2 borders. As we'll be dragging lugage with us, I am hoping there are taxi's that will be available on the Zim side to bring us to the Zam border? Has anyone personal info on the train, is it safe etc. Do we have concerns at Zim border control? This is her first trip and she is a very nervous type and scares easily. Appreciate any info and advice. Cheers
      Donna

• Flight options between Lusaka and Livingstone

Zambia May 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Are there direct flight options between Lusaka and Livingstone?
      How much it costs?
      How to book these flights?

1 Answer May 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM
    • Zimbabwe to South Africa

Zambia May 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Hello, I am studying abroad and we are taking a trip to the Zimbabwe side of Victoria falls side. My father was from Zambia so I would love to cross over because I have never been before.

1st question. Will I need a visa to cross since my father was born and raised there? If so how much is the visa.
      2. How far is the border? How much would taxi fair cost.
      3. How much are Zambian hotels near the border if I wanted to spend a night.
      4. I know this may not be possible but I have family in kitwe. Is there a way I could safely travel there safely from the Victoria falls area.

Thank you for all your help.

7 Answers May 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    • Camera Equip

Livingstone Jan 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I have a guest traveling through out Africa and his Camera has broken. Is there somewhere in Livingstone (his next location) to by a canon Powershot?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • ruffled's Profile Photo

Victoria Falls -- Microlight vs Helicopter ride

Zambia Dec 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I am planning a trip to Victoria Falls in late Jan/early Feb 2013 (there's two of us) I am keen to take in an aerial view of the falls.
      I wonder which is the more recommended way of doing this? Microlight or heli? (We have never done either)
      From the websites I notice that the prices are quite comparable.

I would love advice on the pros and cons of each.

4 Answers Dec 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    • titti's Profile Photo

Liemba Ferry

Zambia Jun 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I'm looking for information about Liemba ferry to cross the Tanganika lake from Zambia to Tanzania. Does anyone have information about the ferry schedule or any contact in Zambia who can help me with reliable info?

Thank you!

• Zambia safari instead of Tanzania or Kenya

Zambia Apr 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Mates - if you had a choice of a first time 8-10 day Safari in either Zambia, Tanzania or Kenya, which would you choose and why ? Which of the tour companies do you prefer in each country

Thanks in advance

steve

10 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    • Internet Connection in Lusaka?

Lusaka Mar 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hello,

Is there any 3G internet connection for mobile phones in Lusaka? How much does it cost approximately and is it good quality?

Also, is there any high speed broadband connection? How much do these cost approximately?

Thank you

1 Answer Mar 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    • Learning Nyanja in Lusaka?

Lusaka Mar 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hello,

I will be moving to Lusaka in June and I am searching for a place to help me learn the native language. According to Wikipedia, the most popular and used native language in Lusaka is Nyanja, so I want to try to learn it. I will be staying in Lusaka for more than a year.

Where can I learn the language and how difficult is it for someone with English background ?

Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    • Border Crossing Vic Falls to Livingstone

Zambia Feb 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Regarding my message below, could anyone tell me how difficult it will be to get from our hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, over to Livingstone in Zambia to catch a bus? I'm hoping we can just take a taxi, but can you do this across the border? Also, we plan on just applying for a Zambian visa on entry there - would this be a problem? Thanks in advance! Merilyn

4 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    • Chingola transportation

Chingola Feb 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

My husband lived in Chingola for six years as a child and we are planning a 3 day visit to Zambia at the end of a tour in Victoria Falls. First we are going to visit our foster child in Kabwe (we have found that there is bus service from Livingstone to Kabwe), then we would like to visit Chingola. Does anyone know if there is bus service from Kabwe to Chingola? I'm assuming that we would be able to get taxis in Chingola to get around, am I right? We will probably be flying home from Ndola airport - what would be the best way to get from Chingola to Ndola Airport? Any help you could give me in this regard would be much appreciated. Merilyn

3 Answers May 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM