Zakopane

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• best route from zakopane to prague

by pullingears Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 12:37 AM

My question is im in zakopane and I would like to travel to prague can you go through slovakia straight through or is there a better route to take?

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • driving over the tatras

by Madllizzie Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi there hoping to take a group of 7 low slung cars over from Zakopane to Poprad, can anyone tell me what the road is like? Will we ground out or is it smooth enough? Is it always clear of snow in July? Many thanks for and help offered. Madlizzie

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM
    • penny_g's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Zakopane - to be in proximity of cross-country ski trails/ easy alpine trails

by penny_g Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Hi all,

For this winter, after a long research, I chose Zakopane in Poland for some winter sport activities. As I understand, it's a town - something like "a gate" to the ski trails located up in the mountains. While looking for accommodation, I got a bit confused, since the website lists several small villages. I would definitely need a place close to cross-country ski routes, ideally also to easy Alpine ski trails. Which of the villages should be the best then? Are there any good and reliable local bus connections?

Many thanks in advance! Let me also take the chance to wish you an exciting 2014!

10 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Happy new yeahr 2013/2014

by Nicoleeee___ Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

hello,
      I´m 18 and travel with my parents on New Years Eve 2013/2014 to Zakopane and would a great party experience, who is the best silvester Party / New yeah Party?

can someone give me tips where I could spend new year's best, so in bars on the street or in a club?
      thank you
      Nicole

• Lodging in Zakopane, Poland.

by juv777 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Hi, will be traveling to Zakopane end of next March. We will be 4 people and where thinking of renting an apartment other than a hotel. Will be staying for 3 nights in all and then head to Krakow. Which part/location in Zakopane is best to stay keeping in mind that we do no have a car?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • Prices

by anetacardonald Online Now May 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Could you also tell me what are the usual prices for food?

2 Answers May 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • What to see / Anetacardonald

by anetacardonald Online Now May 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hi I would like to ask what is worth seeing in Zakopane as I want to go there in 3 months time.

9 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    • Things to do

by iona26 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

hi what is there to do in the summer apart from cycling or hiking

6 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    • Things to do

by iona26 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hi can anyone tell me what there is do in Zaopane in the summer other than cycling and hiking.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    • loftyken's Profile Photo

Zakopane in Easter

by loftyken Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hi VT members

My family and I will be in Zakopane between the 5th and 9th April for the Easter Holidays. Can anyone please confirm if the Mountain funiculars/chairlifts operate on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The ones that I am mostly interested in are Gubałówka, Butorowy Wierch and Kasprowy Wierch.

Can anyone also confirm if the buses/minibuses operate on the same dates to Polana Palenaca (for Morskie Oko), Kunisce (for Kasprowy Wierch) or Siwa Polana (for Chocholowska Valley).

Such information will help me to organise better my four days in Zakopane

1 Answer Mar 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM
    • larasalomon's Profile Photo

Mt. Gubalowka or Mt. Kasprowy Wierch

by larasalomon Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Hi fellows...running to finish plans for the trip easterns europe on early april....i'd appreciate advice from vtrs. about wich of those ski resorts are nicer for one south american not used to that kind of place;sport. Wich one is better to visit in one day, consideering i dont have in mind skiing, but, just go up, enjoy ourselves with the people and snow, may be having nice views, etc....any other suggestion near Zakopane is wellcome.

thank's in advance

lara

20 Answers May 21, 2012 at 2:06 AM
    • karamella's Profile Photo

Sylvester in Zakopane

by karamella Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Dear VT Friends.

We (three couples) have decided to spend the Sylvester in Zakopane.
      We are not looking for very expensive hotel, but something smaller, cosy , pension, etc. We are also looking for a Slvester evening programme with
      music etc...Tried to find something in Google but most of the sites are in Polish. Maybe there are some locals who could help me with suggestions?

Thank you in advance

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 2:13 AM
    • Travel from Zakopane to Wroclaw

by ameripole Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

What is the easiest and cost effective way to get to Wroclaw from Zakopane?

1 Answer Jul 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM
    • Treeman28's Profile Photo

Getting from Zakopane to Olomouc

by Treeman28 Online Now May 17, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I am hoping to travel from Zakopane over the border to Olomouc. What is the quickest and/or cheapest method of doing so?
      Thanks!

3 Answers May 18, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    • Hike to Morskie Oko

by ebuturla Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 10:33 AM

What is the least strenuous way to get to Morskie Oko ?

2 Answers May 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    • Bob_v_H's Profile Photo

From Zakopane to Orava Castle (Oravský hrad)

by Bob_v_H Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Hi!

I'm planning on visiting Zakopane next summer and I would like to see the Orava Castle during my stay there. Does anyone know what's the best connection?

Regards, Bob

3 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    • Skiing in Zakopane

by Jimmyp41 Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hello,

I'm going to Zakopane later this month and would like to go skiing. Can anyone reccomend a good place to hire ski's and organise a private ski lesson please?

Thanks,

Jim

3 Answers Feb 20, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    • Krakow to Zakopane

by TimSYoung37051 Online Now Sep 19, 2009 at 4:27 AM

I am travelling to Krakow next week and wish to visit Zakopane.

Is it better to go by Bus/Coach or Train?

Also, if Bus/Coach, which is the best company to travel with?

2 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    • bjakobss's Profile Photo

From Zakopane to Slovakia

by bjakobss Online Now May 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Hi,
      does anyone know if it is possible to go from Zakopane to Slovakia over one day? Do you know any travelagency or bus company which organize such travel?

Birjak

3 Answers May 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    • dog sleigh?

by suestarkey Online Now Dec 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I have read on the zakopane life website that it is possible to go dog sleighing. Any one done it? We are there over Christmas, any one know if it's possible to go skidoo riding?

• Apartments in Zakopane

by Alfija Online Now Oct 21, 2008 at 12:36 AM

I'm planing to visit Zakopane on 30/12/08 till 05/01/09 with 4 or 6 friends.
      Can someone help or recomend some budjet accomodation with kitchen and close to the city center for this time!

2 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 1:26 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Whats its name?

by alectrevor Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM

I have just come back from a lovely holiday in Poland, so i"m telling friends about Zakopane, but how do i say the name is it Zakopan, or Zakopaneee,or Zakopain. thanks

5 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    • Zakopane to Poprad

by saundersje Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Is it possible to walk from Zakopane to Poprad in Slovakia in a day. No difficult climbing please.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    • Snow on Tatras in early June

by 0504 Online Now May 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Hi. Group of friends heading to the Tatras for some hiking on 1st of June. I'm just wondering if we can expect snow on the higher summits or not at this time of year. I want to avoid any areas with a lot of snow as we don't have crampons etc.

1 Answer May 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM
    • What time is the first cable car to Kasprowy Wierch? (Early July)

by coddy Online Now May 11, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I am planning to visit Zakopane for the third time in early July. My friend and I are cycling from Prague down to Austria and the Danube, through Vienna and Bratislava, into Hungary and up then up through the lower Slovakian Tatras.

When we get to Poland we would like to climb Rysy and also to traverse the Eagle Ridge (Orla Perc). I have done both but my friend is looking forward to the experience.

What we plan to do is to cycle from Slovakia to Morskie Oko, stay overnight in the mountain hut, climb Rysy and then cycle to Zakopane to spend the night there.

The following morning we would like to get an early start and catch the first cable car of the day. Does anyone know what time that will be? (Early July) Can anyone please give me a rough time to complete the ridge and descend back to Zakopane from Wlk. Woloszyn via Gasienicowa and Dolina Jaworzynka?

Alternatively we could cycle from Slovakia straight to Zakopane,stay the night, catch the cable car up to do the Eagle Ridge and then spend the night at Morskie Oko. Climb Rysy the next day and either walk back to Zakopane or use public transport from Morskie Oko.

Will the Mountain Hut at Morskie Oko be busy in early July? When are the Polish school holidays?

Can anyone recommend accommodation in Zakopane?

Any advise on our itinerary will be most welcome.

Thank you in advance

Regards
      Coddy.

22 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    • How can I make reservation for cable car to Kasprowy Wierch?

by reenavanna Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Hi, I have just read in the Zakopane forum that one can book a reservation on the cable car to Kasprowy Wierch - I would be grateful for any information on how to do this.

1 Answer Apr 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    • One day in Zakopane.

by gleneden Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Hi, two of us will be spending just one day in Zakopane at the beginning of May and as we will be travelling from Krakow in the morning and back there in the evening I was wondering if it would be possible to fit in both Morski Oko and also Dolina Checkolowska on the same day. We would intend using the horse drawn carriages where possible. Any information at all will be really appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • Hut-to-hut or camping suggestions in Zakopane

by AlexArmitage Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Hello there,

I'm interested in some information on hut-to-hut camping and backpacking in the mountains near Zakopane. Is it possible to do a three-day, two-night trip? Do you have to reserve huts/camping spots in advance? Any suggestions on a possible early May itinerary that would include a loop are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
      Alex

Also, is there any preferred transportation to/from Zakopane from Krakow?

8 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 1:26 PM
    • From to Zakopane

by Mimaaa Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Heyyy!!!
      I whant to take the bus from Katovice airport to Katovice train-station, and from then the train from Katovice to Zakopane. My question is: DO I HAVE TO BOOK THE BUS-TICKET AND TRAIN-TICKET IN ADVANCE?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 5:34 PM
    • EllenH's Profile Photo

hot springs parks over the Slovakia border

by EllenH Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

I have heard that there are some hot water parks just a few km over the border into Slovakia with wave pools and slides. Anyone know about these or if I could get public transportation from Zakopane to these places?

7 Answers Mar 12, 2008 at 7:59 AM