Zagreb Travel Answers

change location
Ric's Profile Photo

Busses: Plitvice Park to Zagreb

by Ric Online Now Feb 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Aloha! Any advice on catching a bus back from Plitvice to Zagreb ? Which park entrance is best? I understand busses won't stop if they are full. What time of the day are busses less full and a better chance of getting on?

I plan to be in Croatia the first week in July this year and want to do a day trip from Zagreb to Plitvice and return.

Thanks for any hints.

Ric

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Re: Busses: Plitvice Park to Zagreb

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 4, 2009 at 2:52 PM

There is bus stop for few busses just yards from the main entrance.
    Some of the mini busses park at the parking opsite the main road( where the safty overhead pedestrian bridge starts)
    i would sugest to you to saty atleast one nite at the Plitvice park. I personaly think that one day from Zagreb to Plitvice and beck is a lot. I mean it is a long trip ftom ZG to Plitvice, than you will need atleast 3-4hrs to complite the walking tour, and you might want to eat at the place where the boat ride part of the tour finish. Have rest and enjoy Croatinan food.
    I took hubby & kids to Plitvice first time in 2004 and since we have been back another 4 times!
    My kids & husband love it.And they find so many things to do.
    There are 3 lenths of walks around the lakes.
    The shortest one is from the entrance to the big lake and back, the longer one 2-3-hrs is the one with the boat ride included, and the longest one is the one when you finish the boat ride and the short walk on the stilts walkabout, you take the path around the lakes and come back full circle. That takes good 4-5 hrs.
    First time we arrived in Plitvice around 9.30am and took our time walking about , choose the second tour, we tought that the third was for more serious walkers or hikers, and we had 2 kids age 10&9 that was ambitious!
    Well that was good as we realy enjoy the tour and took time to stop and explore.
    Left the park around 4.00pm drove short distance to the neares vilage and just choose one of the home stays for the nite.

B6B cost us €25 p.p.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines