Zagreb Travel Answers

change location

From main station to bus station.

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Hello all,

Saturday 26th of april I will arrive at Zagreb main station on the night train from Z├╝rich. If all goes well this train ought to arrive at 10:53.
My final destination is Biograd. I know that there is a bus to Biograd at the bus station at 11:30. If I don't make that I'll get the first fast bus to Zadar and see there.
Question: Will I make it to the bus station in 30 minutes? I know that I need to take tram 2 or 6, but how frequent are they on saturday? Also how much would a tram ticket be, and how do I go about obtaining one. I probably won't have any small change in Kuna on me.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • diocletianvs's Profile Photo

Re: From main station to bus station.

by diocletianvs Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:24 PM

30 minutes is a bit tough, especially since you have to change money first, buy the tram ticket and I assume you'll also have to buy the bus ticket as well (this also takes some time).

Trams should not be a problem - the intervals of both trams on Saturday are between 6 and 15 minutes; you most probably won't have to wait long. The distance is only 3 stops.

As you leave the train the best thing you can do is go to the ATM (in the main hall), get some Kuna, go to the kiosk (also in the main hall) and buy a tram ticket. Ticket costs 8 Kunas. (You can also buy it from the tram driver for 10 Kunas, but only in OLD trams - drivers in new trams do not sell tickets!)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines