Zagora Travel Answers

change location

Zagora camel trek

by David16 Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 2:39 AM

My friend and I are trying to plan a trip to zagora to take a camel trek. However, money is limited and we only can stay one night, and trek for two days.
Any tips on finding the best deal would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

RE: Zagora camel trek

by angiebabe Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 3:01 AM

if its anything like travelling to merzouga which i prefer personally, then you should be able to travel there independently ie grande taxi, which are pretty cheap, and then find a company to take you out into the dunes.
    there is an over abundance of moroccans who are in the 'tourist industry' looking for an income so there will always be an ease to find someone - they will otherwise find you - such as a tout, a hotel or any shop can direct you to where to go to find a camel trip.
    at merzouga any of the auberges will arrange a trip for you and even for overnight stay in a bedouin tent in the desert with guide and meal shouldnt cost more than 250-300 dirham.
    try www.bivouactours.com - there are 4 guys on it and the one called mohammed we know as moha( not the one on the site called moha) is a friend of ours so could help you come up with a tour or something within your price maybe.

otherwise it can be quite time effective and with two of you not really that expensive to get a rental car for 270-300 dhm a day, for say 3-5 days from marrakech or 3 days from ouarzazate and do the dades valley to merzouga back via agdz and zagora up draa valley circuit back to ouarzazate. and just pack a lot more sights into your time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Zagora camel trek

by anglsow Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 12:02 PM

David

I wonder, did you find a trip to Zagora for 2 days/1 night from Marrakech? Could you recommend a company to travel with? Thanks

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines