Zadar Travel Answers

change location
leightonclifton's Profile Photo

Tisno

by leightonclifton Online Now Oct 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hi a bunch of myself and my friends are partaking in garden festival in tisno next year

can any one recommend any accommodation or put me in touch with someone who does

cheers

leighton

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Tisno

by Sandra10 Online Now Oct 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Hi we ( Travel Agency South Tours) can organize any type of accommodation for you, if you need more detail contact me at info@south-tours.com or trogirtours@gmail.com. Cheers Sandra

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • markyymark's Profile Photo

Re: Tisno

by markyymark Online Now Feb 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM

If in need, let me give you some tips

I went to Tisno Garden Festival ( official web http://thegardenfestival.eu/?/) last year, as well as the year before. I will most probably go this year also so I decided to share my experience with you.

Transportation: I landed in Zadar airport, and from there you can take a cab, bus, or shuttle. You can find shuttle link on the official web site of the Festival but I found that you can pre-order a cab for up to 8 people and it will end up cheaper. (shuttle is 90-100 euros for 1-8 persons, and cab is 80 euros flat rate to Tisno, but you should order from some costal town nearby, DO NOT take cabs on the airport itself, they sometimes cost 50% more). I will link you cabs here ( goo.gl/vxi7YT this one is the one I took, it was 80 euros for 8 of us (but i think its the same price for 1-8), and I can leave you couple of more that I found while I was there so goo.gl/vxi7YT or goo.gl/0bXzbV or goo.gl/5DPgQ2 In my experience the cab was the best option (reserved before we landed). If you think this is too much you can take a bus, there is one from airport to Bus terminal in Zadar and from there you can take one to Tisno. If you are single or max two of you, this could be a better option if you want to spare some money, but it also takes alot of time. You ahould also make a note that you have to take direct line to Tisno ( there is a line that leaves you at Tisno enterence but you have 6-7 km of walking distance to Garden from there and no buses on that route)

As from Split or Zagreb airport - all of the same things go, you can take local buses, order a taxi services that are linked ( or you can google them for yourself for other companies) but if you want to save some cash do not go in to airport taxies.

Bonus tip: photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid...

You should walk up to this viewpoint, its about 15-20 minute walk from Garden. I was driven there by a taxi driver and it makes some great holiday pics ;)

Also, if you have some time, you should visit Krka Falls if you enjoy nature ( http://www.npkrka.hr//en/ ), visit Slanica beach on Murter Island ( murter-kornati.com/en/beache... its more beautiful in real life I should say, and its great if you have kids and only kind-of-sand beach in that part of Croatia).

For local visits, if you catch any time you should visit city of Sibenik and city of Vodice. Maybe on your last day, before a flight you could visit Zadar, its most amazing city in the night but you should see it during a day also, it is one of the worlds city you must see ( Dubrovnik is also but its a long way from Tisno ).

If you want to eat, number one is Kapela, the best pork ( some say and lamb but I havent tried it tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R... ) and Pelegrini, voted top 5 restaurants of Croatia, stationed in Sibenik ( http://www.pelegrini.hr/index_en.html ). I would also say that there are numberous of restaurants and konobas where you can eat some great food so maybe there is no need to go as far as Sibenik to eat unless you have some extra money with you. Its not that expensive but its 30 km from Tisno.

As for places to stay at, I would recommend online booking and ASAP beacause it gets booked early. If you cant stay at Tisno, be sure to check for apartmans in, Jezera, Betina, Murter (place on Island of Murter) or if you cannot find it there you could look for Pirovac and Vodice (10-12 km from Tisno) Unfortunately I cant help you with some links since I stayed at my friends house but you should be able to google it. Just be sure to not settle for the first one you see, alot of the times you can go cheaper.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines