Zadar Travel Answers

change location

getting to split

by tommybanana Online Now Jul 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM

hi we arrive at 9.30 in the evening and the car we had hired fell through.
now I can't find any cars for less than 800@euro for 2 weeks.

how much would it cost to get a taxi to split? how long woulod it take cos we were hoping to get the ferry to split at 23.59;

I think it is going to be too much to get a taxi and no joy to get a car so we should spend the night in zadar and get a bus the next day - I believe bus is better for zadar split than train...

any advice welcome - where to hire a car, place to stay near zadar, how to get to split etc

cheers

Tom

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Re: getting to split

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Jul 3, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Bus next day is definitely your best option, the train takes twioce as long for a start and the last one for the day goes before your plane lands! Buses go constantly throughout the day and the Croatian bus services are both reasonably priced and efficient - here's the timetable

ak-split.hr/EN/vozni.red/Voz....

Nearly all Zadar's hotels are out of the town centre, in an area called Puntamika, about 5km north-west of the city, across the other side of the harbour. There's only one hotel in the very centre, the new four star Hotel Bastion.

We stayed at the Hotel-Restaurant Niko just a couple of weeks ago - very nice. 120 euro a night, lavish breakfast included - well above our usual level - we paid 50 euro a night mostly for apartments.

Here's a link to it and some others

croatia.hr/English/Lokacije/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines