Yunnan Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling from Kunming to Dali

Kunming Sep 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am planning to travel to Dali from Kunming the end of September 2014, together with 6 others. I am thinking of taking a van. What do you think? Btw how much does it cost per trip?

more
    • Travelling from Kunming to Dali

Kunming Sep 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am planning to travel to Dali from Kunming the end of September 2014, together with 6 others. I am thinking of taking a van. What do you think? Btw how much does it cost per trip?

• Zhongdian to Yading

Zhongdian Jul 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM

This October, we are  planning  to visit Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Zhongdian and Yading nature reserve. We  are currently having difficulty finding information how to travel between Zhongdian and Yading nature reserve. Would appreciate any advice from any members. Thanks.

12 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    • Zhongdian to Kunming?

Zhongdian Jul 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What's the best way to do this journey?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Dali or Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if two days in Dali and three days in Lijiang (2 days around Lijiang and one in the old town) are sufficient.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Kunming airport

Kunming Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

independent travel

Yunnan Sheng Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi,

I want to do independent travel to Yunnan and Guizhou. My interests are minority culture and photography.

However, I have not done independent travel in that part of China before and don't know how to tackle the logistics. I have heard that getting around in that part of China is not easy.

I have three weeks and want to cover Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Jianshui, and Yueyang Rice Terraces in Yunnan before heading to Huanguoshu Falls, Zhijin Caves, and the Miao and Dong villages aroind Kaili in Guizhou.

If anyone has advice, please let me know.

Thank you

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM
    • Dali Must - Do ?

Dali May 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

what are the MUST-DO's in Dali ? Cangshan Mt ?

3 Answers May 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM
    • Pearls in Luoiswan

Kunming Apr 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Where in Luoiswan can I buy pearls?

• 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

5 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Jinghong airport to Yuanyang rice terraces

Jinghong Jan 24, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Could anyone tell me if there is a bus connecting Jinghong and Yuanyang rice terraces?
      If yes, how long does it take?How often do they leave from Jinghong?
      Thank you very much!

1 Answer Jan 24, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Kunming, 4 days

Kunming Dec 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I am planning to visit Kunming from Bangkok. The places I want to visit are - Dongchuan Red Land, World Horti-Expo Garden, Jiuxiang Scenic Area, Jiuxiang Scenic Area and may be Taihe Palace(not sure about this one).

So, can you please suggest me that what would be best to visit and if 4 days is sufficient to visit? And, may be help me with an sample itinerary?

Thanks a lot!

P.S - one more question. Daguan Pavilion is same as Dongchuan Red Land? If not same then I want to include is too.

2 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • Goldwinde's Profile Photo

What is the BEST city in the world for living (comparing Kunming, China)?

Kunming Dec 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I am an American currently live in Kunming, China for four years now (for a total of 13 years in China). So, far it is the BEST city in the world for me to live in and I hope/expect to live here forever. However, if for some reason I can't stay here at some point (e.g. China won't issue me another visa), I want to have a backup city for me to move to. And I want to KNOW what my backup city is in advance.

I have several criteria for my backup city (to try to match Kunming or better):
      1) Good weather year around (Kunming almost always gets up to 15 degrees (Celsius) each day in the winter and rarely goes above 30 degrees in the summer)

2) Great prices compared to USA (it would cost me six times more to live in the USA given my current level of living here in Kunming: I have a 2700 square foot luxury apartment for $500 USD per month; my personal assistant works for me for less than $3 per hour, etc.)

3) I would like to live in a city of 1,000,000 or more, although I might accept as low at 500,000.

4) The residents of this city should have a friendly attitude towards Americans.

These are my basic requirements. Do you know of any cities in your travels that might fit?

With much appreciation...

Dwight

8 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • Sean59's Profile Photo

Kunming,Dali and Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Oct 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Will be there for 8 days in December, can anyone suggest interesting places to visit ? Thanks.

7 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    • Sean59's Profile Photo

Kunming,Dali and Lijiang DIY Tour( December 2013 )

Kunming Sep 26, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Can anyone suggest how to go around these places in 8 days free n easy ? My wife and I plan to go to Kunming for 2 days, 3 days in Dali and 3 days in Lijiang. Will there be a problem taking public transport in these places ?

Chin Malaysia

31 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • Good and cheap (Chinese) tablet brand?

Kunming Aug 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Hey,
      I would like to buy a tablet in kunming. I am looking for a good but cheap (chinese) brand. Where can i find a tablet store and when i buy a Chinese brand, would it be easily possible to translate the software in english?

Thanks a lot!
      Robbert

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • trip to Deqin, China

Deqin Jul 28, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Anyone been to Deqin, China?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    • Where can I get my laptop fixed?

Kunming May 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Am arriving in Kunming tomorrow and I need to urgently get my laptop fixed as it is infected with a virus. Can anyone recommend where I can go where the staff speak good english.

5 Answers May 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • driver

Kunming Apr 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I am looking for a professional/reliabe driver from Kunming to YuanYang

2 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Michellezzz's Profile Photo

Advice and proposals for Yunnan Travel (27May-8Jun)

Yunnan Sheng Feb 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm going to Yunnan this May/June. Places I'd like to visit are Kunming, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge. I'm wondering of anyone has any travel advice? Also looking for travel buddies for the trip- will be doing quite a bit of hiking/trekking, I hope.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Dres's Profile Photo

3 days itinerary in Lijiang

Lijiang Dec 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Could you suggest a 3 days itinerary in Lijiang?

7 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    • Dres's Profile Photo

two day itinerary for Kunming China

Kunming Dec 21, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Could you please recommend two days of activities for Kunming?

3 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    • picek's Profile Photo

from xixuangbanna to yuanyang

Yunnan Sheng Dec 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Hi,
      planning to go back to Yunnan in Jan or Feb for at least 10 days into area with rice fields near Yuanyang or Lao/Viet border. Is it possible to catch direct buses from either Meng La or Jinhong, since I'll enter China from Laos? Or do I have to go somewhere else (Pu'er/Simao?)? Which district is best to use as a base for exploring the area, any place that has bike rental services?
      Thanks,
      v.

• anoum's Profile Photo

From Kunming airport to Fairyland Hotel Kunming Jingxing

Kunming Nov 6, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Hi, if I wish to take the shuttle bus from the airport into the hotel in the city, where do I get down? After that, do I take a taxi or walk? Or is it better to take a taxi directly?
      The hotel is in East Shifu Street, Kunming City Center. TQ.

3 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Lodging in Kunming

Kunming Oct 18, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Can anyone give an opinion about Cloudland Youth Hostel and The Hump Youth Hostel?
      In terms of location (train station, airport, shopping malls) and other factors like cleanliness.

I am also open to staying at budget hotels and hope to get some recommendations (about 200 yuan/night). TQ.

10 Answers Oct 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Kunming-Shangrila first or...?

Kunming Oct 15, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Hi,
      I shall be in Kunming on 11 Nov and have planned to fly to Shangrila on 13 Nov before slowly making my way down to Kunming once more via Dali and Lijiang by bus/train. Is this a good idea or should I go up slowly by bus/train up to Shangrila before flying back to Kunming? TQ.

11 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    • miudlepop's Profile Photo

Lijiang Honeymoon

Lijiang Sep 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning for my honeymoon in Lijiang from 2nd Oct to 7th Oct.
      Wondering how will the weather/temperature be like because me and my partner are from a tropical country so we're quite unsure of what to pack. Don't want to be freezing out butts off there :D
      What is a good website for maps because I believe google and google maps are unavailable in China.
      Would be helpful if anybody could give me some suggestions for the itinerary.
      Thanks in advance everybody.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • Train Journey from Kunming

Kunming Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I'm planning a trip from Kunming to Lijiang by overnight train. I need some suggestion from you.

1. Which overnight Train has VIP Chamber, since we, a couple, will visit with 3 yr kid (height is less than 95cm)
      a. K9606 (20:53 ~ 06:33)
      b. K9610 (21:58 ~ 07:10)
      c. K9614 (22:28 ~ 07:39)
      d. K9652 (23:55 ~ 10:12)

2. I will start on 28th Oct 2012 from Kunming by overnight train. Is it possible to book the ticket from the website http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/kyfw/ just now to ensure to get by anyone else with my name & passport number.

3. How much it would take by a taxi from Kunming new airport to Train Station at around 19:30 and what will be the time to reach.

4. Is there any alternative way (by bus) to reach Train Station from new airport? What is the route if we want to go by bus & what time it may take at the evening time?

Thanks in advance for your great passions.

Sayem

• 4D/3N Itinerary for Lijiang & Adjacent

Lijiang Aug 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Dear Members,

Would you please suggest me an itinerary:

Planning to reach Lijiang at early morning of 29th Oct (by overnight train) and will leave evening of Nov 01 (by overnight train) from Kunming. It means I have 4 Days & 3 Nights to explore the Lijiang, Jade Dragon Snow Mountain & Tiger Leaping Gorge (if possible).

Please consider that I'm very much interested to observe the Snowfall.

I'm planning to visit with my wife & 3 years kid.

Would you please suggest me an itinerary which is not tiring & also enjoyable.

Waiting for your valued suggestion.

Regards,

Sayem

• Looking for a guide+car for East Yunnan

Yunnan Sheng Jun 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM

My wife and me intend to travel to Yunnan on September-October. We would like to travel for 6 days to East Yunnan (Luoping-Bamei area). We are looking for a driver+car or a guide+car for this time. We will be on low budget so a simple car with a friendly driver/guide will be enough for us.

5 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM