Yunnan Sheng Travel Answers

change location
Michellezzz's Profile Photo

Advice and proposals for Yunnan Travel (27May-8Jun)

by Michellezzz Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm going to Yunnan this May/June. Places I'd like to visit are Kunming, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge. I'm wondering of anyone has any travel advice? Also looking for travel buddies for the trip- will be doing quite a bit of hiking/trekking, I hope.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Laserone's Profile Photo

Re: Advice and proposals for Yunnan Travel (27May-8Jun)

by Laserone Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM

All good advice but 1 jin is not 1 kg, it's 500 grams, half a kg. However, in 2010 i traveled to Lijiang by plane from Beijing and was backpacking. This trip is by far the best solo trip I have been on. Check the video on youtube by typing "eight days in yunnan". Take a mini cab to the historical center, walk up the hill once you are at the farthest square of the old town and choose any desirable b&b of your taste. I took a group trip to Tiger leaping gorge and shangri'la for 800yuan all inclusive, food aside, for two days and one night. We slept in a hotel in a cavern-like natural spa. Wonderful. once back in Lijiang I wanted more and left with 3 fresh Chinese friends for LuGu lake (lugu hu) by taking a mid morning bus. The ride is splendid and tortuous. Lasts about 7/8 hours. We stayed at a hostel/b&b straight on the lake for about 6Euro/night for 2 nights. I am craving to go back anytime, because it's such a wonderful climate too. And yes the altitude may give you dizziness although I never suffered of it. Just take it easy if you are hiking. That's all. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Michellezzz's Profile Photo

by Michellezzz Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Hi there! Thank you for the wonderful advice! Taking another trip to China soon? If you are, hope to meet you on the journey!

by Laserone Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Yes actually: leaving for Shanghai on the 28 of March and will return in late June. We could share bits of the journey! I am honestly looking into a Yunnan trip this spring too. If you want a feel of what you'll see, do watch the youtube clip.

• Michellezzz's Profile Photo

by Michellezzz Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Great! I'm leaving for KunMing on 27 May. Let me know if you'll keen to be there? We can travel together!
    Perhaps we can correspond via email? My email address is mitc.lim@gmail.com
    Hope to hear from you soon!

by Laserone Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 3:55 AM

ok then. let's keep in touch. but i suggest you don't go public with your private email. i'll drop you a line soon. ciao!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Yunnan Sheng Travel Answer Locations