change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aonceu's Profile Photo

Walking in the dark and distance to Baiyun Hotel

Huangshan Yesterday

I only have one night and two half-days on the mountain so I'm trying to fit as much as I can without over exhausting myself. I decided that staying at Baiyun would be the best midpoint for this trip but I was wondering if it would be safe for a 31 year old average-moderately athletic man to walk these routes in the dark in July.

I want to see Cloud Dispelling Pavilion during sunset but how long would it take to return to Baiyun and would it be safe to walk this route in the dark?

And in the morning, I wanted to wake up at 4am and walk to Fairy Walking Bridge for sunrise. How long is the walk and would this be do-able or would is it too dangerous in the early morning?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

canal towns

Shanghai Jun 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

I plan to travel to Qiandeng from Shanghai for the day. I am wondering how to take the bus there from Shanghai. I also want to go to Zhouzhuang from Shanghai and stay the night at Zhouzhuang and then go to Fengjing from Zhouzhuang and then return to Shanghai from Fengjing. I am wondering if there is a bus from Shanghai to Zhouzhuang and than a bus from Zhouzhuang to Fengjing and from Fengjing to Shanghai.

Thank you

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Putuoshan question

Putuoshan Jun 8, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Is there a way to get to Putuoshan from Shanghai? If so, how? How about from Hangzhou? Is one day enough on Putuoshan? Are there accommodations on the island?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Putuoshan Questions

Hangzhou Jun 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM

HI,

How do I go to Putuoshan from Hangzhou? Do I take the bus to Putuoshan? If so, where do I catch the bus in Hangzhou and how long does it take to get there? Also, how many days are sufficient to spend on Putuoshan? Are the temples on the island close together? Are there accommodations on the island?

Thank you

more
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Getting to and from Simatai

Beijing Yesterday

I read about the 980 Express Bus from Dongzhimen to Miyun bus station and then the Miyun mini buses to Simatai so I planned my whole trip around that. Upon more research, I found that many people never found the mini buses and were pressured to pay for a 200-400 RMB taxi ride to Simatai and then another to get back.

Has anyone actually taken the mini bus and how long does it take? I plan on taking the 980 bus from Beijing around 0700 on a Friday, around what time can I expect to arrive in Simatai? Or will I be forced to pay 200+ RMB to get from Miyun to Simatai and will I have trouble getting back to Beijing the next day?

more
    • Points of interest

Beijing Jul 1, 2015 at 11:03 AM

I'll be in Beijing next week for2 1/2 days . Can someone recommend points of interest?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

weather queston

Huangshan Jun 11, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Huangshan in late December. I know it will be cold. However, I am wondering if there is heavy snow there at that time of year. I don;t mind the cold. However, heavy snow is another matter. Has anyone been there during late December?

Thanks

more
    • Harbin - China medical services

Harbin Jun 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Anyone knows if it is there any medical clinic, hospital or even doctor, for foreings?

I would travel there and stay for work over 2 years, and i have a ilness that is not curable but treatable, so i need to be able to do that (treat it). For example, go to a doctor, ask for certain analisys, ask for the medicine (recipe) every 3 or 2 months. Then the treatment follow up and diagnosis would be done by mail by my actual doctor.

The thing is i've read a lot of expiriences, and none of them is very good, if it is in normal chinese hospitals. So i wanted to know if i can find in harbin something like a specific foreing place or doctor.

I don't need to say that i dont know chineese for the moment.

Thank you

more
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Cheap Accommodation in Gubei Water Town

Gubeikou Yesterday

I just booked a $92 USD room in Yinghua Hotel from CTrip. This costs almost as much as my four other hotel rooms in China combined. Are there any cheaper options in Gubei?

I've heard of people staying in hostels and renting rooms in people's homes but I can't find any other information. Should I cancel my reservation? Please help me out and thanks in advance!

more
    • WolfS21's Profile Photo

Karakorum Highway

Kashgar Jun 6, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Is it possible to go by public bus from Kashgar to Gilgit? If so also in December? And are there any Permits needed?

more
    • Traveling from Karachi Pakistan to Xi'an China

Xi'an Jun 5, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Dear Concerns,
      i just wanna know that you peoples are providing bus services for travelers from Karachi Pakistan to Xi'an,
      if yes then tell me the procedure and requirements which you need to bring the passengers to Xi'an.

please consider this seriously.

waiting for your positive response.

Best Regards,

Zuhaib Uddin
      zuhaib.uddin007@gmail.com

more
    • Huangshan Maintenance schedule program

China Jun 27, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Could anyone advise regarding the Huangshan mountain maintenance program and schedule for their cable car and mountain top maintenance for this year 2015. We are travelling there this coming 16th July 2015. Thank.

more
    • 3 week China itinerary

China Jun 18, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi all,

We are planning a 3 week holiday in China with my girlfriend, between 21st of July and 11th of August. It will be our first trip, however, I will get a slight feel of China when I will be working 2 weeks, just before our holiday, nearby Shanghai, in Jiang Yin. Below our first idea of what we could see/do. Any suggestions, corrections and advice would be much appreciated.

Itinerary 3 weeks:

Day 1: arrival Shanghai, take night train to Beijing

Beijing

Day 2: Arrival/Hostel, Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park, Red theater Kung Fu Show

Day 3: Mutianyu Great Wall, Ming Tomb, Birds Nest, Water Cube

Day 4: Summer Palace, Hutong, Peking Duck dinner

Day 5: Lama temple, Beihai Park, Temple of Heaven, night train to Pingyao

Pingyao

Day 6: Rishengchang Bank, Wang Family residence, Shuanglin temple, City wall, night train to Xi’an

Xi’an

Day 7: Arrival/Hostel, City wall, Bell tower, Big goose pagoda, Tang Dynasty show

Day 8: Terra Cotta Army, Huaging hot spring, late night plane to Chengdu

Chengdu

Day 8 late night: Arrival/Hostel

Day 9: Pandas, Green Ram temple, Remnin Park, Hot Pot dinner

Day 10: Le Shan Buddha, Mt. Emei base (sleep there)

Day 11: Mt. Emei summit, sleep in Chengdu

Day 12: Early morning train to Chongqing

Chongqing

Day 12: Arrival/Hostel, Laitan ancient town, Chongqing city/Erling park

Day 13: Dazu rock carvings, plane to Huangshan

Huangshan

Day 13: Arrival/Hostel, spend time in the city, if any left

Day 14: Yellow Mountain, sleep there

Day 15: Hongcun and Xidi, bus to Hangzhou

Hangzhou

Day 15: Arrival/Hostel

Day 16: West Lake, Tiger Spring, Dragon well

Day 17: Yellow Dragon cave, walk around in the city, late night train to Shanghai

Shanghai

Day 17: Arrival/Hostel

Day 18-19-20: Explore the city, shopping before departure, relax after the long trip, flight home

The part between Chongqing and Huangshan is a bit tricky with travel, we were initially planning to go to Zhiangjiaje, but is either a lost day for travel, or expensive flight. So the last part is not best planned yet. Please feel free to suggest!

Thank you! Gr. Laszlo

more