Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rienne's Profile Photo

Backpacking Group tour operator for Central Asia

Kyrgyzstan Apr 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hey guys

I am planning to visit the Central Asia this summer (probably Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan) and was looking for a tour operator that offers backpacking tours for groups (i.e. for individuals to travel together, and not for already existing groups that plan a trip together).

I have traveled like this before and loved the spirit of the group of like-minded travelers from all over the world that I shared my experiences with as well as the fact that I could enjoy the trip, instead of wasting my time organizing accomodation or transportation (so please don't come up with the recommendation that I should travel there on my own ;)).

I am 25 years old and looking for a tour where people are around my age. The trip should be a broad mixture of activities and should visit the big cities as well as some hidden spots.

Has anyone already done a trip like this or can suggest any operators that provide such group tours?

I am thankful for any advice!

more
    • bertioga's Profile Photo

Bishkek and . . . ? ? ?

Kyrgyzstan Mar 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi
      In late April I will be flying into Bishkek and flying out after only 6 days.
      I am a 65 year-old male and have a bad leg; so no trekking for me except for bazaars and lakeshore.
      Further, I am a teacher, so I travel on a small budget.
      I am considering getting out of Bishkek; the obvious options seem to be:
      1) Karakol and/or Balykchy (I would enjoy walking on the lakeshore)
      or
      2) Osh and/or Jalal Abad
      or
      ??
      Thank you for any suggestions

more

Popular Ysyk-Kol Oblasty Travel Answer Locations

• Lazy (novice) hike Partner around Karakol area- in JUNE

Karakol Apr 15, 2008 at 1:39 AM

HI!
      I am planning a trip through Asia and Kyrgyz is on my list. I will have only around 4 or 5 days here. ( tight schedule)
      Looking for some fun novice walking partners for a lazy walk around Karakol area, stay in a fun yurt or one of those fun lodges, a visit to the sanatorium and soak in the thermal waters, Holy Trinity Cathedral, campfire, etc.

Is it possible to get a KYRGYZ tourist visa at the airport on arrival? How much is this visa? I accept any good advice from you!

1 Answer May 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM
    • Planning to go to Karakol, what should should i be aware of ?

Karakol Jan 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM

I am planning to spend 2 months in karakol this summer...but i after some scary reviews over there...i feel like i am visiting hell..and not a tourist destination..i prefer night life..but i can go to discos now fearing that i ll get beaten up.

1 Answer May 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM
    • nomadic camp in october

Ysyk-Kol Oblasty Sep 10, 2007 at 1:57 AM

i plan to arrive to the area in 2-3 october.
      i want to stay few days in nomadic camp.
      is it too late or it is still good time for that ?
      where is the best place in the area to be with the nomadic ?
      near Yssyk-kol, near Song-kol ? any other place ?

• issyk-kul in the midle of septmber

Ozero Issyk-Kul' Aug 7, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Hi guys
      i 'll be in kirgiztan after the 15th september ,i realy want to go at the Issyk kul for first destination .
      what do you think about the season? to late? to could?
      i realy want to sleep in nomads camp ,they wil be still there?
      It gonna be still possible to sleep there at 20/25 september?
      Thanks in advance for every replays!
      Thank's lot

2 Answers Aug 12, 2007 at 9:14 AM
    • Should I book in advance?

Cholpon-Ata Jul 13, 2005 at 3:21 AM

We are planning going Yssyk-Kol, probably Cholpan-Ata in August 2005. Should I book for accommodation now? or can we get accommodation when we get there. Thank you in advance for replies.
      Augustflower

1 Answer Jul 15, 2005 at 12:53 AM
    • Accommodation

Ozero Issyk-Kul' Jun 24, 2005 at 4:38 PM

Does know any cheap accommodation in Yssyk-Kul area? 2 adults and 1 child. Travelling August 2005.

thank you in advance

1 Answer Jul 3, 2005 at 11:54 PM