Yosemite National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Free place with cabins and tepees in Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree National Park Nov 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM

He I am my friends (8 people) and me we're going to J-T for all day tomorrow and the night too.
      One of us have heard about a place that you can have free cabins like chalet and tepees. You just need to be there first to get it ! But problem nobody knows where that place is !
      Here is my question, anybody hear about this place and knows where it is please ?

Ps: I already call the park and visitor center in Joshua Tree they don't know about it.

• help please

South Lake Tahoe Nov 28, 2015 at 3:14 AM

hi me and my family will be visiting in a few days dec.7., do you think its safe to drive san francisco to south lake tahoe?

• Vacation home in Tahoe City?

Tahoe City Nov 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I'm considering buying a vacation home in Tahoe City having visited several times over the past few years.

My concern is the price of property there is high and I'm worried if I wanted to sell in 5-10 years time would I at least get my money back.

If you live there yourself or have any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Using Public Transport

San Francisco Nov 8, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hi everyone, Going to San Francisco for a week in February. I'm a bit confused with public transport passes and want to know Ii there a public transport pass that can be used on buses, the bart, ferries, trams and cable cars?

Also if you book a ticket to Alcatraz in advance is it for a specific day and time or does it just mean you have a ticket then get in the queue to get on a ferry.

Many thanks in advance,

• Overnight between Mendocino and San Francisco?

Point Arena Nov 8, 2015 at 7:21 AM

My husband and I are spending March traveling along coastal California from San Diego to the north coast. Skipping ahead to the last leg of the trip - we'll be coming from Sacramento and Sonoma, up as far as Ferndale, then heading south to stay in Mendocino for two nights. Ultimately, we need to end up in San Francisco to return the car and fly home. My question is this: I'm not sure how much time to allot for the drive between Mendocino and San Francisco. I realize it's not a huge distance in miles, but I would like to feel that we are leaving ourselves enough time to see the sights along this stretch of the road (and not end up driving in the dark to SF). We're not avid hikers (especially if there might be scary 'critters' in the woods!), but do love shorter 2-3 mile walks in good weather (which I know isn't guaranteed at this time of year). We're also big lovers of wine, and my husband loves beer. We have been in San Francisco twice before (one week each time), and had planned to spend 5 days there this time (with no particular agenda yet). Alternatively - question part 2 - is it worth taking one of those 'SF' days to overnight somewhere between Mendocino and SF? If so, where? Thank you so much for your help!

• mehmet599's Profile Photo

2 days travel

Los Angeles Nov 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM

l am from turkey.What can I do I'm coming 2-day Los Angeles. nov 15

• jmhultin's Profile Photo

Bike rental reservations?

by jmhultin Online Now Sep 16, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Do I need, or can I make bike reservations?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    • South Lake Tahoe to Yosemite Valley in a 32' motorhome

by elizmc Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM

What is the safest way to travel to Yosemite Valley in a 32' motor home towing a viehicle? What are the grades and is it a windy road? How safe is 120?

11 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 10:33 PM
    • Traveling from South Lake Tahoe to yYosemite and staying in Groveland

by Dogloversal Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM

My husband and I are traveling from South Lake Tahoe to Yosemite and staying in Groveland for 2 nights in August . My plan was to take 395 and stop in Bodie on the way and I also want to stop at Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining to see the view of Mono Lake. I'm figuring about 4 1/2 hours and then another 1/2 hour to the East entrance . My first thought was to drive to Groveland and head to the valley floor early the next morning but I now realize that we are traveling through Yosemite to get to Groveland ! So I'm wondering if we should head straight to the valley floor ( I want to do the glacier point tour) and then maybe have dinner there ...maybe a twilight stroll from Ahwahnee... And then head to Groveland for the night and back to the valley the next morning ( My daughter says we should do the Vernal Falls hike) Or are there other areas we should explore if we drive through to Groveland and do the valley floor the next day? We have never been to Yosemite ! I am making these plans solely on what I have read online.. I appreciate any advice :)

10 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM
    • North pines - things to do each day with kids

by CuriousMeAustralia Online Now May 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hi threr, we are 2 x families with 27 ftRVs...4 days in non elec campsites, any tips on what to do with kids each day and travel distance to activities? Do we leave RVs and get shuttle bus? Bike hire

3 Answers May 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    • jtraveler9's Profile Photo

Hikes with rain

by jtraveler9 Online Now May 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Just wondering what hikes were doable since it seems that it will be raining right before and possibly during my stay at Yosemite next weekend?? I have a large group and half of us have a half dome permit but I read it's not recommended to do half dome after it rains.

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    • Drive from Las Vegas

by atima76 Online Now Apr 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM

In July we are driving from Las Vegas to Death Valley - Yosemite - SFO
      Can you please suggest me a route? We plan to enter DV on Thursday Morning leave from DV on Friday around 11 AM and drive to Yosemite, stay there overnight and spend the entire next day in Yosemite and leave from there on Sun morning and reach SFO. We have 2 kids 15 & 11. we can enter DV from Furnace Creek visitor center, but that night where could we stay in DV that way we can get out easily in the morning to Yosemite? Also in Yosemite where should we enter from? Where could we stay at night so that its easier to get out to SFO? Also do u think we could go to Lake Tahoe instead of spending 2 days in Yosemite?

11 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    • mariabeeken's Profile Photo

Yosemite - Lake Tahoe - Napa Valley must see's

by mariabeeken Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Hi folks

Now I have made all the plans for the first part of our USA trip (San Francisco and Sequoia / Kings Canyon) - So I just need to plan our visit to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and Napa Valley.

May 1st
      Driving from Sequoia to Yosemite (staying in a heated canvas in Curry Village)

May 3rd
      Driving from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe. (Staying at 3 Peaks Resort & Beach club, South Lake Tahoe)

May 5ft
      Driving from Lake Tahoe to Napa Valley (staying at the Wine Valley Lodge)

May 7th
      Driving from Napa Valley to SFO and flying back home to Denmark.

Are there some interesting places that we just have to stop along the way, driving from one place to another?

What are the must see's here for a couple 35/45 yrs ? (Bearing in mind that we have just spend two days in Sequoia prior to our stay in Yosemite)

Lake Tahoe
      What are the must see's / must do's here? Which weather can we expect in Lake Tahoe in beginning of May ?

Napa Valley
      What are the must see's here? We both like wine, so of course we want to visit some wineries. Which ones are definitely worth a visit?

Have a great day ;o)

- Maria

6 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 12:09 AM
    • Yosemite Lakes RV or Yosemite Pines RV?

by JillS42 Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at either of these RV campgrounds outside the park? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    • First time driving from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe

by Narong Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I will be travelling to US from Thailand mid Dec 2014. I plan to drive from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe but understand that some of roads could be closed during winter for maintenance. I would appreciate your suggestion on the best and safe route to take to avoid this repair works. This is my first time in US so driving in winter is new to me. Thank you for your all suggestion.

14 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    • Entrance to the park

by buster4 Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 6:09 AM

We are going to visit the Park next August and are trying to decide if it works out better value to stay within the park or drive in daily and pay a daily entrance fee?Also, we think we need about 4 days there - is this about right?

14 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • where do you recomend me to stay at yosemite?

by AnaM149 Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM

where to stay at yosemite?

7 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Closures: Yosemite National Park

by goodfish Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 4:50 AM

There are some temporary road and campground closures in the Yosemite area due to the El Portal fire. If you are traveling in the area, please reference the park alert page:

I've posted this in the comment section of the Yosemite Travel Guide as well.

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Driving conditions in Yosemite (January)

by jd_1134 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 5:47 AM

What are the driving conditions like to Yosemite around January? Does it full on snow, do we need chains.

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • best places to dine in south lake tahoe

by vero444 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Looking for great food places to dine in south lake Tahoe in July. Please lmk! thank you!

2 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Accommodations

by stesmith Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Wife and I are driving down from Tahoe. Thinking about staying first night around Mono Lake and then have two nights at Wawona Hotel. Any recs for Mono Lake area and is Wawona convenient to the rest of Yosemite or too far west?

4 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Illilouette Fall To Valley

by mtncmpr Online Now May 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Any one hiked down to the valley from the Panorama Trail (at Illilouette Fall) by following the creek (where/if possible)? Is there possibly a trail/semi trail?

• Curry Village Bed and Breakfast Plan: Worth it?

by dberthia Online Now May 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I'm looking at booking a tent in Curry Village. Looks like the going rate is $150/night, or I can get a "Bed and Breakfast" package for $189/night. Our party is going to be me and my two kids: 12 and 14. Wondering if this package is a better deal compared to us just paying for breakfast separately. Are there any other benefits of this package? - Dave

2 Answers May 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • 4 Mile Trail- Worth It Or Not?

by mtncmpr Online Now May 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM

The week of May 19-2014 we're hoping to take the 1 way shuttle from the valley to Glacier Point, then hike back down to the valley via the 4 Mile Trail. In your (anyone's) opinion, is this trail worth the shuttle cost ($25) and extra time it would take out of our morning (approx 2 - 2.5 hrs) to hike this trail? Is the trail the main focus or are there points of interest worth checking out along the way?

8 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • 4 Mile Trail/Glacier Point Shuttle

by mtncmpr Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Just found this site. Thanks to those that operate it and to those that contribute!

Some friends and I will be in Yosemite mid May and would like to hike the 4 Mile Trail from Glacier Point to the Valley. Anyone know the time the earliest am shuttle leaves from the valley to go to Glacier Point, and is it best to make a reservation a certain amount of time before wanting to go? (Only been to Yosemite once and I haven't taken that shuttle before.)

Thank you.

2 Answers May 1, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

by kahnjetta Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Where would you stay at while vising Yosemite? We plan on hiking Half Dome in July. Would love to hear you thoughts.

9 Answers May 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    • Alternative Driving Directions

by crazymum Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM

On 16 June we plan to drive from Yosemite Lodge to West Walker. We are hopeful that the road will be open - if it is close what would be our best and quickest route through. Google maps offers alternative directions but it seems a little confusion. Our stop after West Walker is South Lake Tahoe. For the time being we will keep our fingers crossed that the Tioga Road will open on time but we would like other practical options.

All help greatly and much appreciated - along with motels to stay in if the Tioga Road is closed

9 Answers May 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • jessenewmarch's Profile Photo

Where to camp in May?

by jessenewmarch Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

My girlfriend and I will be driving through Yosemite in mid May and are looking for suggestions on places to camp. We are hoping to do a couple short day hikes, saving the half dome hike for a return trip in September.

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • Is Death Valley to Yosemite in an RV doable?

by MrsJLO Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Bucket List Roadtrip in July 2015 and can't wait! However, part of our trip is Furnace Creek, Death Valley to North Pines, Yosemite and it's making me nervous! Route: taking the 395 then off on the 120 into Yosemite. Question: Is this doable in a 26' RV? Any advice welcome - especially terrain. We're coming from the UK and first-timers in an RV!

26 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Yosemite and Sequoia in April 3rd week

by apstoys Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

We are a few friends meeting up in Fresno for our trip to Yosemite and Sequoia. We reach Fresno on the night of 16th April, and we have until the afternoon of 20th April to get back to Fresno. I understand that many roads would be closed during this time of the year. Please help us plan our itinerary, how much time to spend where etc.. We are interested in easy-moderate hikes.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    • Yosemite National Park and Sonoma and Napa Valley

by lford5052 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We are going to SFO the first week of May. What are the major points to visit in Yosemite Park? Can you see enough in a day? Next, we want to travel to Sonoma and Napa Valley? Do you recommend both, or one over the other. We have 4 days to do these things and then we will be in SFO for a week for a conference. Can you recommend places to stat in Yosemite and Sonoma/Napa Valley?

10 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • Water falls

by Melsand Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

what will the water falls be like in late August we will be on a one day visit from san francisco is a bus best or hire car 7 drive our selves

7 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • RV or not RV

by Togs61 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Hi, planning a post retirement ( Military/LE ) trip to the West Coast this July. We have booked most of the trip but I would value your advice. Boyhood dream to visit Yosemite, although my wife and 2 teenage daughters ambivalent! We have booked an RV out of San Francisco for 4 nights to head to Yosemite, unfortunately we couldn't get any site in the Valley and have secured 2 nights at Hodgdon Meadow!! My question is ;- should we continue with the RV plan and look to drive into the valley on a daily basis so I can hike OR should we hire a car, stay at a good hotel (girls can use the pool etc) and I can drive into the valley to hike. What do you think?

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Yosemite West or Foresta Accommodations

by lauriemack Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM

We are planning an early May trip to Yosemite and prefer to stay in a small home/condo/duplex in either Yosemite West or Foresta instead of a hotel in the Valley or southern section of the park. We realize that Foresta would be closer but the place I like best is in Yosemite West. Any comments or suggestions about either area being a better spot than the other? This will be our first visit to YNP & will likely stay about 8 nights. Thanks in advance for your comments.

8 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • Booking Glacier Point Tour

by crazymum Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I've tried before and after NPS shut down to contact Yosemite via the website - contact us portion - every time my email bounces back

What I need to do is to book the Glacier Point tour for next June - I have a 24 hour window - hence the urgency - has anyone got an email address that doesn't bounce back, or a direct line to phone them next week- all suggestions much appreciated

Many thanks

4 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • Yosetime stargazing november

by moonldy Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Are there stargazing tours in November?

7 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM