change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rosieweasley's Profile Photo

hollywood sign

Hollywood Yesterday

In Los Angeles//Hollywood, what is the street from which you can see the Hollywood sign called? (here's the street picture:encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...)

more
    • chain info

Wrightwood Dec 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Me And My Family Want To Go Up This Weekend Just To Play In The Snow. Not Ski Or Anything. Will We Need Any Chains? We'll Be Coming From Hesperia And Los Angeles

more
    • do i need chains

South Lake Tahoe Dec 22, 2014 at 10:28 PM

do I need chains for my car if I am driving from Napa Ca. on Christmas

more
    • Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

more
    • Arriving in Irvine....hotel in Costa Mesa

Irvine Dec 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Hi,
      I'm arriving in Irvine via Amtrak train and have a hotel booked in Costa Mesa. I was wondering if there is a bus/train that will get me to my hotel? I'm staying near the John Wayne Airport. Thank you in advance!

more
    • Parking for Laker's Game

Los Angeles Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

more
    • What's on in San Francisco?

San Francisco Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

more
    • Hyatt Regency Long Beach to LAX

Long Beach Dec 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM

My husband and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach for one night and have a 5pm flight from LAX on a Wednesday. What time should we book the taxi for in order to allow for traffic etc to ensure that we arrive at the airport in good time. We're thinking of booking Rapid Shuttle, but would it be easier just to order a taxi from the hotel. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Rent a car in Irvine

Irvine Dec 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM

I want to rent a car in Irvine, where would usually visitors collect the vehicles?

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

Los Angeles Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

more
    • rosieweasley's Profile Photo

what is this street called?

Los Angeles Yesterday

dfsee.com/gallery/guide/usa-... I wanna know what's this street in Los Angeles, thanks :)

more
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

San Francisco Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

more
    • 4 Month Holiday Though Cali' (Travel Issues)

California Dec 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Starting around end of July through to the end of November next year, i plan on travelling, pretty much, the whole length of California.

Unfortunately i've encountered a problem with my travel plans.
      Originally, i planned on buying a van, driving through Cali and basically living out of the van.
      After extensive research, i've scrapped this plan as it seems more or less impossible to buy, register and insure a car in the U.S as a UK citizen.

Plan B was to rent a large car/van long term and drive through Cali, once again, mainly living out of the car/van to save money on accommodation. This also comes with it's own problems as i have only just passed my driving test. A lot of rental companies require you to have held a full licence for a minimum of 1 or 2 years.
      Also rental companies charge an extra fee for drivers aged under 25. I am 23...
      AND... the amount of miles i intend on travelling may also incur more charges.
      So that's sounding like a pretty expensive option.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to travel through Cali on a budget? Or a way around massive rental charges?

Thanks for the help.

more
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

San Francisco Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

more
    • First time driving from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe

by Narong Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I will be travelling to US from Thailand mid Dec 2014. I plan to drive from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe but understand that some of roads could be closed during winter for maintenance. I would appreciate your suggestion on the best and safe route to take to avoid this repair works. This is my first time in US so driving in winter is new to me. Thank you for your all suggestion.

14 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    • Entrance to the park

by buster4 Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi
      We are going to visit the Park next August and are trying to decide if it works out better value to stay within the park or drive in daily and pay a daily entrance fee?Also, we think we need about 4 days there - is this about right?
      Thank's

14 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • where do you recomend me to stay at yosemite?

by AnaM149 Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM

where to stay at yosemite?

7 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Closures: Yosemite National Park

by goodfish Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 4:50 AM

There are some temporary road and campground closures in the Yosemite area due to the El Portal fire. If you are traveling in the area, please reference the park alert page:

nps.gov/yose/blogs/fireinfo....

I've posted this in the comment section of the Yosemite Travel Guide as well.

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Driving conditions in Yosemite (January)

by jd_1134 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 5:47 AM

What are the driving conditions like to Yosemite around January? Does it full on snow, do we need chains.

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • best places to dine in south lake tahoe

by vero444 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Looking for great food places to dine in south lake Tahoe in July. Please lmk! thank you!

2 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Accommodations

by stesmith Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Wife and I are driving down from Tahoe. Thinking about staying first night around Mono Lake and then have two nights at Wawona Hotel. Any recs for Mono Lake area and is Wawona convenient to the rest of Yosemite or too far west?
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Illilouette Fall To Valley

by mtncmpr Online Now May 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Any one hiked down to the valley from the Panorama Trail (at Illilouette Fall) by following the creek (where/if possible)? Is there possibly a trail/semi trail?

• Curry Village Bed and Breakfast Plan: Worth it?

by dberthia Online Now May 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I'm looking at booking a tent in Curry Village. Looks like the going rate is $150/night, or I can get a "Bed and Breakfast" package for $189/night. Our party is going to be me and my two kids: 12 and 14. Wondering if this package is a better deal compared to us just paying for breakfast separately. Are there any other benefits of this package? - Dave

2 Answers May 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • 4 Mile Trail- Worth It Or Not?

by mtncmpr Online Now May 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM

The week of May 19-2014 we're hoping to take the 1 way shuttle from the valley to Glacier Point, then hike back down to the valley via the 4 Mile Trail. In your (anyone's) opinion, is this trail worth the shuttle cost ($25) and extra time it would take out of our morning (approx 2 - 2.5 hrs) to hike this trail? Is the trail the main focus or are there points of interest worth checking out along the way?

Thanks

8 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • 4 Mile Trail/Glacier Point Shuttle

by mtncmpr Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Just found this site. Thanks to those that operate it and to those that contribute!

Some friends and I will be in Yosemite mid May and would like to hike the 4 Mile Trail from Glacier Point to the Valley. Anyone know the time the earliest am shuttle leaves from the valley to go to Glacier Point, and is it best to make a reservation a certain amount of time before wanting to go? (Only been to Yosemite once and I haven't taken that shuttle before.)

Thank you.

2 Answers May 1, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

by kahnjetta Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Where would you stay at while vising Yosemite? We plan on hiking Half Dome in July. Would love to hear you thoughts.

9 Answers May 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    • Alternative Driving Directions

by crazymum Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM

On 16 June we plan to drive from Yosemite Lodge to West Walker. We are hopeful that the road will be open - if it is close what would be our best and quickest route through. Google maps offers alternative directions but it seems a little confusion. Our stop after West Walker is South Lake Tahoe. For the time being we will keep our fingers crossed that the Tioga Road will open on time but we would like other practical options.

All help greatly and much appreciated - along with motels to stay in if the Tioga Road is closed

9 Answers May 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • jessenewmarch's Profile Photo

Where to camp in May?

by jessenewmarch Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

My girlfriend and I will be driving through Yosemite in mid May and are looking for suggestions on places to camp. We are hoping to do a couple short day hikes, saving the half dome hike for a return trip in September.

Thanks!

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • Is Death Valley to Yosemite in an RV doable?

by MrsJLO Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Bucket List Roadtrip in July 2015 and can't wait! However, part of our trip is Furnace Creek, Death Valley to North Pines, Yosemite and it's making me nervous! Route: taking the 395 then off on the 120 into Yosemite. Question: Is this doable in a 26' RV? Any advice welcome - especially terrain. We're coming from the UK and first-timers in an RV!

26 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Yosemite and Sequoia in April 3rd week

by apstoys Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

We are a few friends meeting up in Fresno for our trip to Yosemite and Sequoia. We reach Fresno on the night of 16th April, and we have until the afternoon of 20th April to get back to Fresno. I understand that many roads would be closed during this time of the year. Please help us plan our itinerary, how much time to spend where etc.. We are interested in easy-moderate hikes.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    • Yosemite National Park and Sonoma and Napa Valley

by lford5052 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We are going to SFO the first week of May. What are the major points to visit in Yosemite Park? Can you see enough in a day? Next, we want to travel to Sonoma and Napa Valley? Do you recommend both, or one over the other. We have 4 days to do these things and then we will be in SFO for a week for a conference. Can you recommend places to stat in Yosemite and Sonoma/Napa Valley?

10 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • Water falls

by Melsand Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

what will the water falls be like in late August we will be on a one day visit from san francisco is a bus best or hire car 7 drive our selves

7 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • RV or not RV

by Togs61 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Hi, planning a post retirement ( Military/LE ) trip to the West Coast this July. We have booked most of the trip but I would value your advice. Boyhood dream to visit Yosemite, although my wife and 2 teenage daughters ambivalent! We have booked an RV out of San Francisco for 4 nights to head to Yosemite, unfortunately we couldn't get any site in the Valley and have secured 2 nights at Hodgdon Meadow!! My question is ;- should we continue with the RV plan and look to drive into the valley on a daily basis so I can hike OR should we hire a car, stay at a good hotel (girls can use the pool etc) and I can drive into the valley to hike. What do you think?

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Yosemite West or Foresta Accommodations

by lauriemack Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM

We are planning an early May trip to Yosemite and prefer to stay in a small home/condo/duplex in either Yosemite West or Foresta instead of a hotel in the Valley or southern section of the park. We realize that Foresta would be closer but the place I like best is in Yosemite West. Any comments or suggestions about either area being a better spot than the other? This will be our first visit to YNP & will likely stay about 8 nights. Thanks in advance for your comments.

8 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • Booking Glacier Point Tour

by crazymum Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hi

I've tried before and after NPS shut down to contact Yosemite via the website - contact us portion - every time my email bounces back

What I need to do is to book the Glacier Point tour for next June - I have a 24 hour window - hence the urgency - has anyone got an email address that doesn't bounce back, or a direct line to phone them next week- all suggestions much appreciated

Many thanks

4 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • Yosetime stargazing november

by moonldy Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Are there stargazing tours in November?

7 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • fire 8/2013

by maria0521 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

hoe is the fire in 8/2013 will affect my trip in 4/2014

4 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    • how is the fire in 8/13 affect my trip for april 2014 to the park

by maria0521 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM

how is the fire in 8/13 affect my trip for april 2014 to the park

2 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    • Fire in Yosemite

by limjialun Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hi all, if we are going to yosemite now, are there still parts not affected by the fire in yosemite which we can enjoy the view? where is it?

thank you

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • mckinney3's Profile Photo

Hwy 120 East to Mono Lake (hwy 395). Is it open to cars?

by mckinney3 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM

When I leave Yosemite, I want to drive North on Big Oak Flat Road to the intersection with 120 and go east to Mono Lake and intersect with 395. I am having NO luck with Google Maps letting me plot that route by car. Is it not open to cars or....?

thx

dan

11 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • Clothes in november

by Donabix Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Hi!
      What kind of clothes should I pack in early November?
      Thanks!

26 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

ROAD CLOSED

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Currently, Hwy 120 over the Sierra Mtns is closed near YNP due to a large forest fire. There is no ETA for it to reopen. If you need to get from one side to the other there are couple of different ways around the fire that are not that far out of the way. From the more northern side at Sacramento take either Hwy 50 or Hwy 80 over to Hwy 395. You can also go more southern to Bakersfield and take Hwy 58 over (better if going to Las Vegas). On the east side of the Sierras you can do the same by going north or south on Hwy 395. My favorite route is to use Hwy 88/89 off Hwy 49 (at Jackson) to go over to South Lake Tahoe.

10 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    • 4 days trip

by 12yifat Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Hello,
      We are family of 4 adults (children are 23 and 25) and planning to have a 4 days trip on 20/Sep after leaving San Francisco, and before arriving Las Vegas.
      Could someone help me to plan these 4 days? I have already booked the first night at Lake Tahoe. Our flight to Vegas is from Fresno.

Thank you for any help/ideas.

7 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    • Honeymoon in October

by jenl0401 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Hi Everyone! We are an Aussie couple travelling around the world for our honeymoon in 2014 and are planning a stay in / near Yosemite (it's on both our bucket lists) in mid-October. We've not been before, so were wondering how long we should stay for? Would five nights be too long? We have found a place to stay that we like just to the east of Summerdale Campground - is this a good spot to view the park? The week before we are in BC to see the bears / salmon run, so we plan on flying into CA to pick up a car and drive to the park - would we be best to fly in Sacramento do you think? Any other tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

7 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM