Yosemite National Park Travel Answers

change location

Yosemite Elopement

by ank1110 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

My fiance and I have decided we want to elope in Yosemite this December(2010). I was hoping to get information on reliable sites to help plan, where is nicest to stay, and things to do in mid December. I was thinking of staying in the Ahwanee Hotel or Tenaya Lodge, and I have no clue as to where I would like to get married or which websites are trustworthy.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Yosemite Elopement

by travelgourmet Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Remember that December is snow season and chains are required in Yosemite. Congratulations and best wishes. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Tenaya Lodge is just outside the south entrance to Yosemite. The nearest town is Oakhurst. Tenaya Lodge does weddings but I don't know their cost factor. See website: tenayalodge.com/Weddings.asp...
    In Oakhurst, you do have many churches and perhaps someone to marry you by contacting a church in Oakhurst. See about the requirements to get married in California at website: cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdea...
    Even though you are eloping, you must plan ahead. The Yosemite area isn't Las Vegas with all the wedding chapels.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Yosemite National Park