Re: Yosemite Camping !!!! and please could you describe this one campground !
1. you're not supposed to swim, and it's very cold year round
2. they're reasonably separated but certainly not private (see 8)
3. depends on time of year. you can have all that, but not in summer. Then you will have waterfalls, wildflowers, flowing clear water and majestic granite
4. most of the day, yes. some of the day, no. It gets hot in Yosemite, but only for about 6-8 hours per day and you're usually active then, not hanging at the campsite.
5. Some can (see 8)
6. Racoons are a real nuisance, as deer can be as well. There are "bear boxes" to store your food - use them.
7. Not really. The drive is nice enough but the road's a road
8. What you didn't ask, and may not know: these campgrounds fill up fast, sometimes a year in advance. You need to make your reservations right away or you may not get any campsite at all, let alone one with a creek view and privacy.
Be the first to rate this answer!Was this helpful?