Yosemite National Park Travel Answers

change location

Best Yosemite Lodge room for November

by juix Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Hi,

I am visiting Yosemite in the Thanksgiving weekend in November. I know, but that's when it was possible to get vacation, and I am staying Sunday night and Monday, so I hope it will be less crowded.

I booked a room in Yosemite Lodge, and would like to get a room with a nice view if possible. I understand that a Falls view room is the best choice when the waterfall is flowing, but is this still the best choice in November when the falls are dry? From some pictures I saw posted, it seems like an upstairs falls view room has some nice open view of the cliffs.

I don't want to be looking at cars in a parking lot or facing a dark lot of trees. Also, I read that they are undergoing renovation and not all the rooms are very nice. I am assuming I will spend very little time in the room, except maybe early evening and in the morning, unless there's snow or rain, which is very possible at the end of November. So, I would like to get a nice view if it is possible to do so.

I took the advice of a posting, and called the Lodge desk for suggestions. The guy answered "all our rooms are good and I couldn't pick one over the other". However, he said I could get better suggestion from the booking people. When I called to book they said they only assign rooms on the night before I would get there, and any room requests might not get honored. But I still requested a Falls view 'Lodge room' (with patio/balcony) before rooms become unavailable, and thought I can make a different request if you guys suggest so, closer to the time of visit.

So, what room in 'Yosemite Lodge at the Falls' (their official new name) do you think will offer the best views with a good room interior at the end of November? Thanks for trying to help me.

-Juix

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Yosemite National Park