Yosemite National Park Travel Answers

change location

Transportation between Yosemite Valley (the Ahwahnee) and Tuolumne Meadows

by Joyce_B Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I need to transport six hikers from the Ahwahnee to start a hike at Tuolumne Meadows and a week later to return. The bus takes a long time, stopping for sightseeing, etc. Is there a more direct way? Is there a taxi service? I don't mind paying a reasonable cost.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation between Yosemite Valley (the Ahwahnee) and Tuolumne Meadows

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don't know the exact answer, but I don't think you will have cabs in the National Park areas. We didn't see any cabs on our trip to Yosemite a few years ago. Your best bet would be to see if there are any private transportation companies that have limos or other types of small tour buses that cover the areas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Transportation between Yosemite Valley (the Ahwahnee) and Tuolumne Meadows

by Howiemil Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation between Yosemite Valley (the Ahwahnee) and Tuolumne Meadows

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM

riorich55 wrote:
    I don't know the exact answer, but I don't think you will have cabs in the National Park areas. We didn't see any cabs on our trip to Yosemite a few years ago. Your best bet would be to see if there are any private transportation companies that have limos or other types of small tour buses that cover the areas.

I'm sorry that whoever rated my original post as unhelpful didn't think I at least gave an area to look.  But if you don't have any better answers then that quit being so negative.   

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines