Yosemite National Park Travel Answers

change location
JuanC67's Profile Photo

Going this July with my girlfriend

by JuanC67 Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hey, I am goign with my girlfriend to visti fresno and we want to expend 2 nights in yosemite park, we need advices about evrything, which camping zone you recommend us, where can i make reservations, what part of the park would be the best to visit since we are only going for like 3 days, We are from Colombia and i hope everyone could help us

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Going this July with my girlfriend

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Well, three days and you can cover a lot of territory. I would say that the Visitors Center is where to start as there are museums and even a market to have food if you are camping. I will leave the camping to another VTer as I like to stay outside the park in the Gold Town of Oakhurst at the southern entrance to the Park. See my VT Yosemite pages for a few tips and reviews. See: "YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK" - Yosemite National Park by travelgourmet

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Hi there - your first challenge will be making campsite reservations at all for a summer weekend as they normally fill five months in advance.

That said, here is the park page with reservation information:

nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/c...

Should you be unable to get a reserved spot anywhere, you can try one of the first-come, first-served campgrounds: show up at one of them in morning and look for people packing up.

nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/n...

"Best" campground is up to personal opinion, and you may just end up taking what you can get: I have seen Tuolumne Meadows mentioned a lot but it will also fill early in the morning and is some distance from the valley itself but the valley campgrounds will also be very crowded. The park website given here has descriptions of all.

Do be aware that at ALL campgrounds you are required by law to take the proper anti-bear precautions with food and toiletries:

nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/b...

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Juan, one more question? When you said"camping" did you mean you are coming with your own tent/camping equipment?

Just wanted to make sure that's what you meant, and that you weren't using the word loosely for staying anywhere in the park - including the park lodges or sites where "tent cabin" accommodations are provided.

I should have mentioned in my previous reply that we haven't cmaped at Yosemite but as you hadn't had many replies since you posted, wanted to at least try to help a little. Hopefully you'll see some more replies today! :O)

• atufft's Profile Photo

by atufft Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Answers given are on target. I would add that if you can't get into a campground, or reservation at Camp Curry's tent cabins, camp sites are generally available in the alpine regions off Tioga Pass Road or near Wawona. Porcupine Flat, for example, almost always has a space even in mid-summer.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines