Yorkshire Dales National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parking other than the market square

Masham Jul 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I've been to Masham just once before, other than the Market square are there other parking sites close by? Thanks

more
    • Craft Fair

Goathland Jul 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi,
      I heard about a (craft) fair in Goathland on 9-10 July.
      Can someone confirm?
      We are staying in Staithes, no car, travelling by bus, I wouldn't like to go there in the wrong date :-) though I know it's a lovely village.
      Thanks a lot!
      Antonella

more
    • Kaspian's Profile Photo

A Walk... With Some Purpose?

by Kaspian Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Hey all,

I'm considering one of those walks through the Yorkshire Dales. About 3 or 4 days--hopefully with 3-5 hours between each location. Here's the rub: I love nature, but need a destination as motivation. (Yep, love to walk, but aimless scenery walking doesn't do it for me.) I know there are lots of pretty villages all around (with pubs, which serve as a perfect motivation for my tastes), but there are so many different walks listed online I'm at a loss as to what to choose.

I'm currently looking at maybe purchasing a book called: "The Inn Way... to the Yorkshire Dales: 76 miles, 6 days, 26 pubs..." and only doing a portion of it. Does anyone have any other reference material they know of similar to this one?

Y'all won't like this, but I think I might be doing it in November. There's something about the damp cold, the wet, the drizzling rain, and the mud, that appeals to me. Might not make for great photos, but that sort of fresh, cold air really helps clean the cobwebs from my soul.

18 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    • DaveDeakin's Profile Photo

Driving Holiday In the UK

by DaveDeakin Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 2:23 AM

Hi all
      My wife and I are in the process of planning a driving holiday around the UK this coming summer. Our itinerary, at the moment is to leave Sussex where we live and drive to Wales and the Snowdonia National Park, spending a few days touring around the park before driving on to the Lake District, where we will spend another few days, and then driving onto the Yorkshire Dales, where we will spend another few days, before heading south and home, a total of about 12 to 14 days.
      My question is, ?if you have been to any of the above locations, which routes would you recommend that give the most spectacular views and are there any little villages that you thought were out of this world and well worth a visit?.
      Thank you for any help.

5 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM