York Travel Answers

change location

Ghost Walks

by ktgibbons Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 5:47 AM

somwe friends and are are visiting York this weekend and want to do one of the ghost walks. Can any one recommend which one to do/which is the best as there seem to be quite a few of them compared to a few years ago.

I'm also trying to remember a restaurant/bistro I visited in york about 5 years ago, think it was a cafe by day and small bistro in the evenings. It was fairly close to the Minster and at the time had sheet music on the walls as a kind of wall paper. Not a very good description I know but the food was fantastic and we want to go again this weekend.

Thanks KAren

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • JohnHarper's Profile Photo

Re: Ghost Walks

by JohnHarper Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 1:27 PM

I know this reply is a year late but here goes anyway!

The Cafe/Bistro will be the Cafe Concerto in Petergate.

As for ghost walks probably the best one used to be the one run by Trevor Rooney, however he sold up a couple of years ago and went off to Australia. That particcular walk seemed to lose it's character and does not attract the crowds that Trevor used to attract. I saw him back in town recently but don't know if he plans to start another ghost walk or whether he ahs some other Looney Rooney entertainment in mind to entertain tourists.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines