Yokohama

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best way to vist Mt. Fuji

Kawasaki Jul 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM

I'm staying in Kawasaki. I'd like to visit and climb Mt. Fuji. What's the best way to travel and join a hiking group?

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Stay in Hakone Yumoto or Gora area?

Hakone Jul 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hello!

I will be visiting Hakone 2 days 1 night in October this year and would like to stay in a ryokan. Just wondering which area is better to stay at?

I have also identified a few ryokan I would probably book:

Hakone Yumoto:
      Ryokan Fukuzumiro

Gora:
      Fujimien Hotel
      Ashinoko Ichinoyu Hotel
      Hatago Ichinoyu Hotel
      Gora Ichinoyu Hotel

Appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

more
    • Tere Ceballos

by terhelena Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM

how long will take to transfer from airport to Yokohama cruise terminal?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • celem's Profile Photo

Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

by celem Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My wife and I are visiting Yokohama by cruise ship, arriving from China and docking at the Osanbashi pier in the late afternoon on Tuesday, April 30th and leaving the next day in the late afternoon. We would like to eat dinner Tuesday evening and lunch on Wednesday and would appreciate recommendations. We do not want a western meal - we are in Japan and want a Japanese meal. I realize that Osanbashi Terminal is close to Chinatown and that Yokohama's Chinatown is large but we will have been in China the previous week and would also like to avoid Chinese since we will have eaten many Chinese meals the previous week.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ideal spots for photography

by SandiM Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I make somewhat of a living taking photos of scenery (no people) and selling at my local market back in Canada. The last time I was in the Yokohama area I went to Hasedera, Kamakura, Hakone, and Ofuna and took some awesome pics of the shrines and buddha statues, fall colors, etc. This time I am going to be at the Kanagawa Kenmin Hall in November (night concert) and have most of the day to browse some more ideal spots for photos (no people in them). If I've already done the sites mentioned, what other places can I go to to shoot some photos? I thought about Hakkeijima Aquarium but that might be a little far to go? I'm coming from Ueno. I'd like to feature fall colors and perhaps a night skyline before the concert if it's possible? Any other shrines with interesting buddhas or scenery?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    • owenfinn's Profile Photo

Seeking info regarding site of old Tokugawa era execution ground in Yokohama

by owenfinn Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Does anyone have any information regarding the exact location of the old Tokogawa era execution ground in Yokohama? A very macabre question I know, but perhaps apropos for the Halloween season. In a book I was reading, "Young Japan: Yokohama and Yedo" by John R. Black, the author writes about witnessing an execution sometime in the 1860`s in the Tobe area of Yokohama. Also a journalist in Japan in 1880 wrote a story about the execution ground. You can see the story here:

query.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...

I have been living in Yokohama for 4 years and was quite surprised to hear about this rather bleak part of Yokohama`s past. I figure there must be some kind of memorial, shrine or, at least a sign marking the site - but, thus far, no luck at all in finding it.

Thanks.

James

1 Answer Jan 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • train from yokohama to yokosuka

by citymouse22 Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Hello. I will be staying with my daughter-in law's parents in yokohama for 4 days this week. I want to be able to take the train into yokosuka, which I'm very familiar with. My japanese is very, very limited. I will be staying at Honmuracho Asahi-Ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa. My daughter in law tells me that I will need to take one train, close to her house, to the main station and from there to Yokosuka. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.........
      citymouse315@sprint.blackberry.com

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

From Yokohama to Kumagawa?

by nuppe Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 3:38 PM

And now a real travel question: Is it possible to go from Yokohama to Fussa City in Kumagawa (or Haijima station) by public transportation. Or should I travel from Tokyo?

(I want to visit Ishikawa brewery)

2 Answers Nov 21, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Beer and language

by nuppe Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM

One more from me: I will go to Tokyo and Yokohama early December. Besides looking around I will start doring a little research related to Japanese beer history. I will also have a meeting at the Kirin (beer company) factory in Yokohama. Then I should need some kind of language support, but I don't think I can afford a proffesional interpreter at this stage. Does anyone know volunteer interpretor services that could be used for such a purpose. ( I realize I maybe will have to do this more properly)

3 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Day trip, maybe overnight trip

by nuppe Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I will go from Norway to Tokyo medio Decembre this year. The trip will include a visit to Kirin, the foreigners graveyard and Yokohama Archives of hitory. Maybe the Ramen Museum as well. I am interested in food and drink history and the early Yokohama history.

Are there other places I should consider to visit. Can I spend the evening in Yokohama and get back to Ueno rather late or should I try to get a place to stay in Yokohama. (I know one day in Y. is little, but will hopefully get back.)

3 Answers Oct 30, 2009 at 4:52 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Yokohama to Matsumoto

by dlandt Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM

My wife and I will attend a Kanagawa wedding in September. What is the easiest way to get to Matsumoto from Yokohama?

2 Answers Apr 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    • Directions from Shin Yokohama to Kamakura, Toyko ....

by cm4 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Hi all, never been to japan so would like to know in detail how to

(1) Visit Kamakura from Shin Yokohama area...i would like to see the great buddlha and see some temples, (walk-able?) between the kita kamakura and kamakura stations? Any idea it can be done in a day? How much is the train fees etc?

(2)Visit toyko Imperial palace and Asakusa Kannon Temple from Shin Yokohama? If i take the JR tokaido or Yokosuka Line, where should i stop? Or any better way?

(3) To Shibuya from Shin Yokohama...do i use JR tokaido or Yokosuka Line? Worth visiting?

hope someone can help..Thanks all in advance... :-)

4 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    • Disney Sea Ride

by jhealaines Online Now May 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM

How can we go to disney sea by riding a train from sakuragicho station? We are planning to head on Saturday and we want to check the convenient and cheapest way in going to disney sea.

Please help us.

Thanks.

• cheap apartments?

by raretrick Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 10:10 PM

anyone know of any cheap places to live in or around yokohama? i don't care how small or crappy it is.

thanks for your help

• hey

by Makee Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 4:53 AM

have u ever tried going on cruises in minato mirai??? im planning to go but i dont know wat to take.. thanks

1 Answer Feb 13, 2007 at 6:14 PM
    • Hotels near the Yokohama Train Station

by sunnysam Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 5:36 PM

Hello to my Yokohama friends-
      Wanted to find out if anyone has recommendations for hotels near the train station (10 min. by cab. Only requirement is private bathrooms.
      Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 7, 2006 at 9:09 PM
    • PavlH's Profile Photo

Travel into Tokyo from the Port

by PavlH Online Now May 17, 2006 at 3:10 AM

How easy is it to get from the port at Yokohama into central Tokyo and back?
      I will only have about 10 hours from the time I disembark to the time I have to get back on to the ship so how easy will it be to see at least something of Tokyo?
      Many thanks

2 Answers May 17, 2006 at 9:22 AM
    • You will never walk alone

by timonhols Online Now Dec 12, 2005 at 8:55 PM

Does anyone know where the squad is staying in Yokohama?Much appreciated

• Weather next week plus Bars

by g.hayes Online Now Dec 10, 2005 at 2:02 AM

Arriving Wednesday 14th december for 5 days watching Liverpool staying in Yokohama
      Weather forecast looks good - how cold is it at night time !!
      No point taking a big coat if not needed
      plus......good places to eat and drink, good Bars, Karioke !! etc etc
      nice and cheap....any advice much appreciated
      Gary

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Hakugan shumai

by NedHopkins Online Now May 11, 2005 at 12:35 AM

Half a century ago the very best shumai in Yokohama -- or anywhere else I visited in Japan -- was at Hakugan, a Chinese restaurant that specialized in that delicacy. It was located on Isezaki-cho. Does anyone know if it's still there?

5 Answers Aug 6, 2007 at 8:10 PM
    • JR Rail pass

by Danichan Online Now Jun 8, 2003 at 1:48 PM

Hi, I just would like to know your opinion about the JR Rail pass. How was your experience? Also, can it be used to take the Narita Express to Ofuna? Please, let me know anything you know about the JR Rail pass! Thanks. Daniel

3 Answers Jul 19, 2004 at 8:18 PM
    • Yokohama&surroundings...

by Kenny_o.o Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 7:31 AM

I have a free weekend here - what should I do?

4 Answers Jul 21, 2003 at 5:47 AM