Yokohama Travel Answers

change location
celem's Profile Photo

Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

by celem Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My wife and I are visiting Yokohama by cruise ship, arriving from China and docking at the Osanbashi pier in the late afternoon on Tuesday, April 30th and leaving the next day in the late afternoon. We would like to eat dinner Tuesday evening and lunch on Wednesday and would appreciate recommendations. We do not want a western meal - we are in Japan and want a Japanese meal. I realize that Osanbashi Terminal is close to Chinatown and that Yokohama's Chinatown is large but we will have been in China the previous week and would also like to avoid Chinese since we will have eaten many Chinese meals the previous week.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Re: Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

by CruisingGoddess Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I don't have any recommendations but are you sailing on Sun Princess? We are on the April 27th sailing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • celem's Profile Photo

Re: Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

by celem Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM

We were on the Celebrity Millennium. The trip is now completed - Yokohama was our favorite port - 2 days there and 2 in Kobe - 4 days in Japan, total. Having worked in Tokyo years ago, we opted to stay in Yokohama and not go to Tokyo at all. For lunch we ate at the highly rated Yokohama restaurant (by trip advisor and others), Katsuretsu An. We ate their specialty, fried pork cutlet with cabbage and sauce - see:
    http://route246.sotobori.com/?p=670

At night we ate in Yokohama's Chinatown, upstairs in a Szechuan and had the best Mapo Tofu (our favorite Chinese dish) ever, and we just spent a week in China prior to the cruise and this meal was better than any in China. I would list the name of the restaurant but I don't have it in English.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines