change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

West End Vancouver Area Inquiry

Vancouver 20 hours ago

Staying at Best Western Sands in West End Vancouver during end of Sept/Oct……
      What type of area would this be…. going on cruise and then staying 3 extra days to ride motorcycles (couples) around Vancouver country…. Is the West End a nice place to stay? …. (from Texas…lol)

more
    • mid october visit

by restenneth Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

We are travelling to the Rockies from Scotland in mid October. We have never seen Yoho National Park and hoped to take at least one day trip from Banff to see it, maybe two. I would really love to see Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls in particular. Can anyone tell me if they are both accessible in mid october? We arrive on the 13th and only have a week. we aim to stay in Banff then travel to Jasper for a few days too. Any short hikes that are unmissable in Yoho if we are there for a day or two? Any help would be appreciated!

7 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    • Emerald Lodge

by llavery Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Is this a worthwhile place to stay? We will be coming in from Jasper NP
      and will be very tired. Forthe price? Other suggestions?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 16, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    • Climate

by Scottymac Online Now May 13, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Hello, I was wondering about the climate and weather patterns for Yoho National Park, particularly the Kicking Horse River. Also, what other recreational opportunities are there on the water other than rafting canoeing and kyaking. thank you for your time.

Scott MacDonald

1 Answer May 13, 2006 at 12:35 PM
    • Accommodation in Yoho National Park

by Holiday2004 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 2:58 AM

Three friends and myself are coming from Australia to see some of beautiful Canada. We are doing the Rocky Mountaineer and will be driving from Jasper to Banff and then finding our way via Golden (we think) etc back to Vancouver from mid to late May 2004. I'm overwhelmed with the range of accommodation. We would prefer the B & B experience rather than the hugh Banff and Jasper Super Motels as we feel we'll learn more about the "not so touristy" or more unknown sights from being with locals or the more rustic lodge feel. There are so many different contradictory reviews and also I must admit horror stories about giant cockroaches, other bugs and things in the rustic cabins it' rather put me off. Any recommendations. Thanks.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2005 at 10:29 AM