Yichang Travel Answers

change location

Yangzte short trip

by tlindstr Online Now Mar 16, 2004 at 3:42 AM

Hi, I would like to do the Yangtze as short as feasible and not on a cruiser. I've planned to take a passenger boat from Yichang to Fengjie or Wushan and then a hydrofoil back to Yichang. The other option is to first take the hydrofoil and then a passenger boat back. I found quite much info at www.chinadam.com, but a couple of things I couldn't find. So here are my questions: - is there accomodation in Fengjie (also called Yong'an) and Wushan? Is there budget accomodation -> what is the price-level? - at what times does passenger boats and hydrofoils leave from Fengjie and Wushan towards Yichang? The other way around there are loads of info at www.chinadam.com - at what time should the passenger boat leave from Yichang or Fengjie in order to see all 3 gorges in daylight? Is it even possible in one day? Approx. when does it get too dark to see anyhting? - at what time does hydrofoils leave Chongqing and when do the arrive in Fengjie? Any piece of information appreciated :) Thomas

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Mel&Mike's Profile Photo

Re: Yangzte short trip

by Mel&Mike Online Now Mar 18, 2004 at 10:21 PM

I did the trip from Chongqing to Yichang and the second day of the 2 day/ 3 nights trip is spent along the section which contains the '3 Gorges' and the '3 small Gorges'. When I looked into the trip it was recommended by the Lonely Planet and other sources to skip the section between Yichang and Wushan since there isn't much to see. If you take the hydrofoil you may fit in all three Gorges but the side trip of the 3 small ones is really wonderful and I'd strongly recommend it. Best of luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mlcr's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Yangzte short trip

by mlcr Online Now Oct 16, 2004 at 8:47 AM

Hi, I'm planning to travel from Chongqing to Yichang by local passenger boat, and want to stop off at a couple of cities along the way, and also see the lesser gorges. Is this possible using local boats? Also have you any idea of cost for a 1st class cabin (ie two-bed cabin) I'd appreciate any useful tips. Mart

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines