Yerevan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pet Friendly Apartments

by Caprifornia Online Now May 26, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Can I find a decent pet friendly apartment in the city center?

• Train Travel from Tbilisi to Yerevan

by travelvig Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Hi There,
      We are planning to take the night train from Tbilisi to Yerevan on May 25th, arriving in Yerevan on the morning of May 26th. However, we have read conflicting information about the train schedule to and from Yerevan and we are unsure whether the evening train will be available on the 25th. Would anyone be able to confirm whether there is an evening train from Tbilisi to Yerevan every evening?

Many thanks in advance!

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • car rental

by tamara_91 Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Hello people anyone can tell me where can I rent a car for my Caucasus trip? I'm going to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan, I need some good car rental company with accaptable prices and good cars :)
      thank you for all oyur suggestions

4 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • National/folk dance and music

by Lynneoz Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be travelling to Yerevan in the last week of August 2014. My greatest interest is folk dance and/or national dance. I've been told the National group will not be performing in Yerevan during that week. Can someone tell me where I will find alternatives?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Climbing Mount Aragats

by littlebush Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hello all, i am visiting Armenia for just a few days in late August and am thinking of heading to Mount Aragats to climb it. Whilst i am an experienced 'walker', im not used to climbing so high (highest ive been is 2500m)
      I have a few questions:
      1) is it best to take a guide, is this possible, where from?
      2) should i allow for any acclimitisation, or should i be fine if go slowly and do it in a day?
      3) Are there clear paths or do i need a special OS hiking map?

Thanks, and any other advice much appreciated

Dave

5 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

What to wear in Yerevan?

by nattybabe Online Now Aug 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Hi all,

I'm off to Yerevan tomorrow morning and am wondering what to pack. Are the Armenians particularly conservative? Do I need to cover shoulders and knees or are summer clothes like singlet tops, shorts, strapless dresses OK?

I'll bring a pashmina just in case as I always do but I don't want to bring completely the wrong thing!

We are staying in Yerevan, walking around and also doing a day trip to the Monasteries and Lake Sevan.

Thanks!

Natalie

2 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM
    • ShaghayeghC's Profile Photo

how Can I go to Sevan and WaterWorld by Bus

by ShaghayeghC Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Hello
      I am planning to go to Yerevan Next Week with lowest price for my trip
      how can I go to Waterworld and Sevan Lake by bus ?

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

How can I best get to know Armenia (mostly Yerevan) in two weeks?

by etfromnc Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I will be in Yerevan from 17-31 March 2012. I will be teaching in the afternoons and early evenings. My accommodations have been arranged but I would appreciate any suggestions on places to eat at anytime and things to do in the mornings which would help me to have the most genuine memories of Armenia. I think that the middle Saturday and Sunday of my stay will also be free. I might also do some late evening outings but I am no longer the guy who tries to go non-stop around the clock.
      How accessible is Mt. Ararat?
      The only other things I know about Armenia are that I bought the home in which I currently live from a very nice Armenian couple and that the Armenian people were victims of one of the most horrific genocides in history about 100 years ago.
      Thanks for any help!!!

4 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM
    • Question for my next destination

by amsterdamvt Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hello dear VT-friends,
      Since I've changed my mind (I switched from Yerevan to Budapest).
      I would like to thank all of you for responding.
      I'm still doubting anyway. But money and schedule are not in the right position to do both...Do you people suggest the best: Budapest or Yerevan? Looking for culture and ancient architecture!
      My schedule will be: Traveldates from 18 until 20 octobre 2011. Maybe there are some nice festivals or so. Looking for a fancy place to have a nice diner as well at the 19th of octobre. Please let me know and thanks a lot again! I'll post a message on the Budapest forum as well ;-)

8 Answers Dec 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    • Looking for B&B in Yerevan

by delaram Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Yerevan on October 23d ,How can I find a good bed and breakfast with a reasonable price

2 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • Nork hotel? holly translators ceremony?

by azitashojai Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Dear friends,hi

I’m Azita from Iran. I’m going to Armenia. I’d like to take part in a ceremony called “holly translators” on ninth October in the city ushakan (I ‘m not sure about the spell of city’s name,it’s one hour far from Yerevan).
      Does anybody know about this ceremony?

One another question,is Nork hotel a good hotel?

Thanks for your replies and for helping me in my travel to Armenia.
      Good luck
      Azita

• Question for my next destination

by amsterdamvt Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Hi dear friends!
      Never been there, but I'm excited. I'll arrive at Yeravan at 22nd oct. I'm looking for a nice place for a businessmeeting on the 24th at around 7pm. I was thinking about the Marriot. Do they have a suitable bar and restaurant? Suggestions are very welcome.

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 3:31 AM
    • TheNahit's Profile Photo

Hosteling

by TheNahit Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Hey why is envoy hostel on a wrong street? Isn't it on Pushkin St instead of Proshyan???

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

lots of answers needed please

by chriso1969 Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Im planning to travel to Tbilisi on sept 1st,and then on to Yerevan for 5 days.Is it possible to do this,and which is the best form of transport eg train or bus?how much will it cost roughly and how long will the journey take? Will I need visa's for both Georgia and Armenia and if so where can I get them.
      Also whilst in Yerevan I may take a trip to either of the following countries Turkey and Iran and im wondering which form of transport is best eg bus or train,how long it will take and roughly how much it will cost.Also as a Irish Citizan,will I need a visa for Turkey and Iran and if so where can I get them.Thanx for your patience and help,Chris.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    • kranstonakov's Profile Photo

Premiership Football in Yerevan

by kranstonakov Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 7:28 AM

Does anyone have any idea if there is a bar in Yerevan showing English Premiership football - i will be travelling there in august and dont want to miss the start of the season!!!

• Tsbeck? Selling at the Vernissage.

by DaneMelissa Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I went on a trip with Habitat for Humanity to Armenia this past summer. When shopping at the Vernissage, I passed up something that I would like to try and find now. I believe I was told the name for them is tsbeck. Can anyone help me? A double stranded decorative stone/wood beads that you move up and down. (Sze of a bookmark)
      Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    • Behi's Profile Photo

Help: Hotel in Yerevan

by Behi Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 7:33 AM

I've plan to visit Armenia & I need to know:
      Does anyone know Hotel Parvana??
      Would somebody indicate it on Yerevan Map?
      or send me it's website

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    • Please someone confirm that i can get a visa on land crossing from Tbilisi to Yerevan..

by olderichard Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 8:59 AM

..can someone please confirm that i can get a single-entry visa for Armenia on the land crossing (maxi-taxi) from Tbilisi...how much does it cost and what currency is expected/required? thanks richard

1 Answer Jul 27, 2007 at 10:29 AM
    • Travel between Tiblisi and Yerevan

by socheid Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Hi,

Can anyone provide info on travelling from Tbilisi to Yerevan? Is there a day time bus, mini bus or train service? I plan to make a return journey along this route.

Keep well,
      Stevie

4 Answers Dec 16, 2007 at 11:02 AM
    • photos in Yerevan

by CliveMuir Online Now May 2, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Hello!

i'm a travel photographer visiting Yerevan in May for a few days and then travelling around Armenia and am very keen to photograph as many people as possible. I wonder if you would like to be photographed or could put me in contact with people (of all sorts) who would?

thnaks for your help

Clive

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

To travel from Iran & Armenia to Georgia& back... possible ?

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 7:28 AM

I am finally planning a trip to Armenia :-) but I've a few questions: 1. How to get the Georgian Visa from Yerevan ? how much a single entry visa costs ? how long does it take to get it ? 2. What is the cheapest way to go to Yerevan, Armenia from Tehran, Iran ? How much the return trip costs ? How long does it take ? Thanks for your efforts in replying to my querries, Umer.

5 Answers Oct 29, 2004 at 8:48 AM
    • finding appartment

by fmohammadi Online Now Jan 12, 2004 at 6:43 AM

how can i find a low price and proper one bed room appartment in armenia(yerevan)

3 Answers May 8, 2007 at 1:32 PM