Yerevan Travel Answers

change location
chriso1969's Profile Photo

lots of answers needed please

by chriso1969 Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Im planning to travel to Tbilisi on sept 1st,and then on to Yerevan for 5 days.Is it possible to do this,and which is the best form of transport eg train or bus?how much will it cost roughly and how long will the journey take? Will I need visa's for both Georgia and Armenia and if so where can I get them.
Also whilst in Yerevan I may take a trip to either of the following countries Turkey and Iran and im wondering which form of transport is best eg bus or train,how long it will take and roughly how much it will cost.Also as a Irish Citizan,will I need a visa for Turkey and Iran and if so where can I get them.Thanx for your patience and help,Chris.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: lots of answers needed please

by Eve2007 Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 6:01 AM

The best way to get to Yerevan is train, it lasts 12 hour(night time) and costs 12 Euro-one way. You can go also by mini-bus, it will take 7 hours and costs something like 20 Euro, but you will be tired from long way. About Iran and Turkey...you can go from Yerevan to Turkey by bus to Istanbul, it costs 50-60$ one way and the bus goes almost everyday. To Iran you can also go by bus. It is no train beetween Armenia and Turkey, and no train beetween Armenia and Iran, just busies. If you need another information about Armenia I will try to answer to your questions.
    Eveline

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Yerevan