Yerevan Travel Answers

change location
Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

To travel from Iran & Armenia to Georgia& back... possible ?

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 7:28 AM

I am finally planning a trip to Armenia :-) but I've a few questions: 1. How to get the Georgian Visa from Yerevan ? how much a single entry visa costs ? how long does it take to get it ? 2. What is the cheapest way to go to Yerevan, Armenia from Tehran, Iran ? How much the return trip costs ? How long does it take ? Thanks for your efforts in replying to my querries, Umer.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • R-men's Profile Photo

Re: To travel from Iran & Armenia to Georgia& back... possible ?

by R-men Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:11 AM

There is a Georgian embassy and Colsulate in Yerevan. However, as far as I know you can purchase tourist visas right on the Georgian boarder.I don't know how much the Georgian Visa costs (anticipate at least US20).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Re: To travel from Iran & Armenia to Georgia& back... possible ?

by cachaseiro Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 1:03 PM

hi umer. i am in turkey right now and will be heading for georgia in 2 weeks. i have been told that you can get georgian visas at the border now for 10 dollars. it has only been this easy for a few weeks and has been done by the georgian goverment in a býd to attract more foreign tourists.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:57 PM

Claus ! Nice to know that u are enjoying your time in Turkey, which is The Most Beautiful country in the world from my point of view (after Pakistan ;-) hehe... I sound biased, don't I ?) As you know that i have a Pakistani passport and i am muslim and because of this i could face a lot of 'possible' trouble' getting this visa on the border or at the embassy. Because in the past terrorists from afghanistan have used this route to go to Russia :-( Do u have any comments ?

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:59 PM

Thanks Armen! I have saved the information u have provided. Please give your comments about my last msg. Cheers, Umer. PS: What do u guys think about the conditions of the road to travel by bus in Armenia, Georgia and Iran in December ???

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Oct 29, 2004 at 8:48 AM

try to be as well prepared as possible. tell them what you want to see and be ready to tell them about your past travel experiences. that should help to convince them that you are a genuýne tourist.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Yerevan