Yemen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How dangerous is Sana'a nowadays?

Sanaa Mar 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

My family goes on holiday to Sana'a almost every year due to a lot of my relatives and immediate family living there. But I'm very worried because of hearing all the news about Yemen, which is getting much worse nowadays, after Houthis and Dammaj and Al-Qaeda. But how dangerous is it whilst being there currently? Should I be worried?

more
    • How dangerous is Sana'a nowadays?

Sanaa Mar 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

My family goes on holiday to Sana'a almost every year due to a lot of my relatives and immediate family living there. But I'm very worried because of hearing all the news about Yemen, which is getting much worse nowadays, after Houthis and Dammaj and Al-Qaeda. But how dangerous is it whilst being there currently? Should I be worried?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • Anntonyjacob's Profile Photo

Have you been to Socotra island yemen?

Socotra Nov 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Have you been to Socotra island yemen?

8 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Travelnoreason's Profile Photo

Itinerary of Socotra

Socotra Jul 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I need the tour details & itinerary of Socotra. Anyone will help?
      Pls any one guide me how to go to Socotra from Bombay, India & how much approx it will cost including everything.

1 Answer Jul 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Practical travel tips for Socotra needed

Socotra Dec 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I know the monsoon season is Jun-Sep. My plan is to visit Socotra in Feb, is it okay for snorkelling/trekking/wild camping? As a women how should I dress there? Should I avoid shorts/vest?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Flights to Socotra

Socotra Oct 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Besides from Yemen, I know Sharjah of UEB also has flight to Socotra. Is there other place that flight can go to Socotra? Thanks.

13 Answers Dec 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Updated flight information for Socotra

Yemen Oct 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Which city(ies) in Yemen has flight to the Socotra Island and which airline? Thanks.

1 Answer Oct 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    • safety in Yemen

Yemen Oct 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dear travellers,
      I intend to travel to Socotra island in Yemen for Christmass and i need to spend a day in Sanaa on the way in and out.
      Has somebody been to Sanna lately;
      How safe is considered these days;
      Thank you in advance
      Andreas

3 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    • need bus trip

Yemen Dec 3, 2011 at 2:26 AM

i need to travel to abu dhabi from tareem yemen by bus, can someone help me with contacts on transportation, fare or schedule. please

1 Answer Dec 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    • flights?

Yemen Jul 18, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Hi, i want to travel to hodeidah and then to Mukalla.Can I get flight from hod to Mukalla and Mukalla to saana?

3 Answers Jul 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    • petertktan's Profile Photo

Should I travel to Yemen this month???

Yemen Feb 16, 2011 at 1:23 AM

HI,

I know its rather silly to be asking this, but after what happened to Egypt, I thought I better check out the views of VTers. I plan to visit Sanaa, Taiz, and Hodeidah early next month and what I find disturbing is the daily demonstrations in Sanaa and Taiz. I am ok with demonstrations as long as the airports and hotels are opened. Appreciate veiws from fellow VTers based in Yemen and outside. My local contacts assured me it is ok, no worries.

16 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    • What's it like for women there?

Socotra Oct 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

..... ...........

12 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    • Maratime link from Yemen

Yemen Aug 21, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Is there a ferry from aden in yemen to djibouti ?

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    • Price: Mukalla - Socotra (Yemenia Airways)

Socotra Mar 11, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Halo!

Anyone familiar with price of the Yemenia flight Mukalla-Socotra? (Yemen)

Is it possible to rent a jeep on Socotra- only jeep, not with driver or attender?

Is it possible to camp on the beach or anywhere?

THNX!

Papeete

1 Answer Mar 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    • veg food

Yemen Mar 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Hi!
      can you find strictly veg food (no meat or eggs) restaurant in Yemen? or any purely veg dishes from Yemeni cuisine served in regular restaurants?

3 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    • safety january 2010

Sanaa Jan 4, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hi!
      I will visit Yemen for a few days in the middle of this month (January 2010) I stayed in Sana'a exactly a year ago (and visited the surrounding villages in the Haraz mountains), but due to resent changes in the political climate, and the fact I am a Norwegian journalist, what precautions should I take? Should I wear an abaya and hijab this time? What airline and hotel would be 'safe' (went by Yemeni Air last time and stayed in Burj Al Salam. Great) How about travelling by car south of Sana'a? Pls advice. Shukran!

10 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    • visa

Yemen Oct 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM

my sister have travel document from norway and she want to go to yemen for marriage maasha allah and her father wants to go with her for the marriage the quation is can she go to yemen and get visa at the airport????????because in norway is no yemen embassy .quation nr 2 can the man who is gona marriage my sister send visa for her and father from yemen and why is that difficult???yemen is our country we love it plz can you tell me why is so difficult for muslim brothers and sister who wants to go to yemen and have europian tarvel documents not europian nationality??thamk you i hope for good answer and i hope my sister wil be happy for her marriage insha allah ma,salaama

7 Answers Feb 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    • Visiting Sanaa in 2010

Sanaa Oct 15, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Hi all… Just signed up as a member of virtual tourist and this is my first post :-)

I am planning to visit Sann'a in Yemen next February, travelling on my own via Dubai (ex-UK with Emirates). My plan is to spend a few nights in Sana'a (Old Town) and I have no intention of visiting other parts of Yemen. I know that Yemen has an image for not being a safe country to visit, mostly due to threat of terrorism in the northern Sa'ada region. I have visited the UK's FCO website, Yemen is included in the "against all travel to parts of the country" category, along with a dozen of other countries which also includes Thailand and Italy (!).

Although I have seen lots of negative news about terrorist threats in Yemen - one of the most recent being a group of Korean nationalities being attacked near Sana'a - I wonder if there is any members who are currently living or visited the city recently? Would you be able to let me know your experience, or your impression with regards to safety in Sana'a, has the whole terrorist threat thing been exaggerated?

Many Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Dec 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    • bisbj's Profile Photo

Hiking around Sana'a

Yemen Oct 10, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I'm working here till the middle of November and I am interested in doing one or two day hikes outside Sana'a. Naturally, I would prefer to hike in "safe" areas... Any suggestions?

I did talk to a travel agency, but their price was (to me) outrageous. I am not prepared to pay300 to hike for two days!

• the british club

Sanaa Sep 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM

How does one become a member there....and is it open during Ramadan?

thanks!

• peteriffic's Profile Photo

Travelling in Yemen

Yemen Aug 29, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Has anybody been to Yemen in the last 8 months? I am spending time in San'aa,and Socotra and need some updates from anyone.

• Hotels in Sanaa

Yemen Jul 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM

we are 5 people who are travelling to yemens capital Sanaa on 27th july and need some help to find good hotels. anyone who can help me. Are there hotel information upon arrival at the airport or do we have to book in advance? thanks for the help

2 Answers Jul 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    • hotel rates and another hotels in Al-Mahwit

Al Mahwit Jun 6, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Hello,
      I would to know how much is it a double room in this hotel and if there are other hotels in the city, thanks in advance.
      Jasier

1 Answer Jun 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    • Best way to plan Socotra trip

Socotra Mar 22, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Can some one tell me if it's best to plan a "pre-packaged" trip with one's own highlights (if possible) or just to show up? Looking to hike and snorkel, with camping, view of highlights, possible house/hotel stay in various (best!) parts of the island. Have 8 days - two women going together (not a problem, I hope). Any advice about guides, or other is really appreciated!

2 Answers Apr 21, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    • Gryningsljus's Profile Photo

Hotels in Aden

Yemen Feb 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I need to find a nice hotel in Aden that has a private beach.
      Last year I stayed at the Sheraton, but that hotel does not seem to belong to Sheraton anymore. According to Sheraton's site the only hotel they now have in Yemen is in Sana'a.
      Any suggestions for a hotel in Aden? And a website to it?

7 Answers May 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    • Itinerary questions - Aden to Mukalla overland

Yemen Jan 4, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Hi All.

I hope to travel roughly the following route by bus;
      Sanaa, Hudaydah, Taiz, Aden, Mukalla and possibly a short trip further east to Qishn or Ghayda. Unfortunatley I only have about 1 week to do it. Not particulary my style of travel.

I will be alone and hope to do it indipendently. My Arabic is limited but I'm good at making hand and feet signals.

I assume I shouldn't have too many problems with the Sanaa, Hudaydah, Taiz, Aden leg. I'm not sure about the trip from Aden to Mukalla. If I can't do it by bus is it any different with a car and driver? What about from Mukalla to Qishn or Ghayda? has anyone been recently?

The other thing that is unclear, do I need to organise all permits in Sana`a or do I arrange them as I go?

2 Answers Jan 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    • Visa to yemen

Yemen Dec 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Hi I want to Visit Yemen i Live in Denmark i have Aliens passport Some people says that I get Turistvisa when I come to sanca airport but some says also if i have Aliens passport i will not get Visa Is that true? Please answere my Question I want visit on 2 weeks.

1 Answer Dec 25, 2008 at 3:02 AM
    • Ferry between Eritrea and Yemen wanted

Yemen Nov 25, 2008 at 7:10 AM

Hi,
      I would like to land by plane in Asmara, Eritrea. From there I could go to Massawa. Than I want a boat/ferry-transport to Yemen.
      1. I wonder whether I could get a ferry from there to any Yemeni port?
      Finally I wana travel to Sana'a, the Yemeni capital.
      2. So I would aslo be interested if you know any other point of departure to take a boat/ferry to a Yemen(maybe Al Hudaydah): Egypt, Eritrea, or Jiddah in Saudi Arabia?
      Coz I could also travel to this countries and go from there to Yemen. Hmmm
      Thank you and hope you are having a good trip.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    • jewish traveler

Yemen Nov 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM

hi
      i'd like to visit Yemen, but being Jewish (which does not mean Israeli, i am Swiss) i wonder if it's going to be a problem. I heard that on the visa application form you have to tell your religion, and that telling Christian might be a good idea. Has anyone more information on that topic?
      thx

6 Answers Feb 5, 2009 at 1:41 AM
    • Currency and Traveler's Checks

Socotra Nov 15, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Is it better to carry USD cash or Traveler's Checks for payment in Socotra?

2 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    • hmbal's Profile Photo

any one like to join me

Yemen Oct 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM

planning for a short trip to sanaa hudaidah taiz adan and gaithah if any like to join me and me its my pleasure to share the cost and experience

2 Answers May 28, 2009 at 9:15 AM