Yemen Travel Answers

change location

Cost of living in Sana'a

by epignosis Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Hi, I wanted to know some general information on the cost of living in Sana'a. I will be going there soon with my wife for about 5 months of language school. We can stay at the dorms for150 a month, but that about the only cost I know. So if anyone could give me an idea of monthly expenses that would be great. Just to note, I want to live pretty cheaply.

1. If we didn't stay in the dorms, how much would it cost for an apartment? I would like to live in a neighborhood, perhaps with a family (if that's possible). And I hear if we get an apartment, it wouldn't have a stove or refrigerator correct? How much would those cost? Also, how much would electric and water bills be?

2. How much to buy a phone? How much per minute? And how much would it cost to call to America?

3. How much should I expect to spend on food? If I just go to the market and buy fruit and vegetables and other basics (i.e., not western food). And how much is an average dinner at a restaurant?

4. How much for a set of clothes (pants, shoes, shirt)? And how much for a set of the traditional Yemeni clothes?

5. How much for taxis and buses?

I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible. So any of these questions you can answer, or if you have any other cost of living for Yemen I would very much appreciate it.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Yemen Travel Answer Locations