change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

Friday 7pm VT meet !!

Toronto Apr 29, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Travellers and fellow residents, lets meetup at 7-44 pub and lounge. Its a pub at mt pleasant and eglinton . 2mins bus ride from eglinton subway station .
      Here's the website

http://www.seven44.com

more
    • Qualicum Beach Accommodations Recommendations Wanted

Qualicum Beach 10 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a place to stay in Qualicum Beach for 2 fairly quiet adults--something comfortable not too pricey--pool, close to beach, firepit, kitchenette...would be nice

more
    • I am searching for a house-boat to rent or a great hotel on the waterfront of Victoria

Victoria Apr 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Is here anybody who knows a great houseboat that I could rent or maybe a fancy Hotel directely on the waterfront in Victoria !?
      Thank you very much !

more
    • TDav's Profile Photo

Driving around British Columbia

Canada Apr 12, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Hi everyone

My wife and I are holidaying in Canada, mostly in British Columbia in October this year. We're flying into Vancouver and staying at the Fairmont Waterfront for 2 nights. Then we are travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer to Banff via Kamloops.

We have a van booked for a driving holiday with our daughter, son in law and granddaughter for a couple of weeks. The itinerary for the driving holiday is

Banff - Fairmont Springs
      Lake Louise - Fairmont Chateau
      Jasper - Patricia Lake Bungalows
      Sun Peaks - Bear Country Trails Edge
      Whistler - Whistler Platinum First Tracks Lodge
      Victoria - Fairmont Empress
      Vancouver - Fairmont Waterfront

We are staying at all of these places for 2 nights each. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on things to do in and around the towns above. Things that interest us include visiting wineries, sightseeing, photography, chairlift rides, snow mobile tours.

Thank you for any feedback.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Going to Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Apr 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM

We're staying 7 days in Quebec. And then going to Montreal for 5 days.. Never been to Canada ..so my question. Is stay in OLD TOWN OR DOWNTOWN.... tips or what to do and see.....we,lol be staying with VRBO just not sure which area. HELP OUT...

more
    • Finding Cheap Flights

Calgary 10 hours ago

I plan on going on a trip this summer but seeing as I am on a students budget I was hoping that I could just improvise based on what trip seems to be the most affordable.
      I was hoping that someone could recommend a resource where I do not have to know my destination, only a travel date and location from which I am departing.

Thanks so much!

more
    • passport required?

Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park 12 hours ago

Do you have to have a passport to enter from Glacier National Park?

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Road trips out of Toronto?/Shuttle bus from Toronto airports to Downtown?

Canada Apr 12, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hello all
      Can anyone recommend towns worth seeing, say within a 250km radius of Toronto city? A couple of relatives are hiring a car in Toronto to spend 3-4 days elsewhere and they don't want to drive blindly...if they know the happening places before they go, that would be great!
      Also, are there shuttle buses from the 2 Toronto airports to the Downtown area of Toronto?
      Lastly, as Irish citizens traveling from Dublin, what documentation are they expected to fill out and will they do this in Dublin airport, Toronto airport or must they pre-apply for visa's to visit?
      Thank you all again!!!

more
    • Catholic church

Tadoussac Apr 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Is there a Catholic church in Tadoussac? I can't seem to find any information on churches except for the chapel. Please let me know as I'd like to get married there. Thank you!

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal,Quebec

Montreal Apr 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM

ALSO ANY COOL DAY TRIPS FROM MONTREAL......

more
    • Sky train fines

Vancouver Apr 19, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Do sky train fines get erased after a certain time,statute of limitations? Thanks

more
    • Sandypaws3's Profile Photo

best taxi company?

Victoria Apr 13, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I have been researching means of getting to the airport from Victoria BC. I have looked at the reviews of 3 taxi companies, and the reviews aren't very helpful because one will rate a *****, and the other will only a *. I usually throw out the highest and lowest, but in this case, they are all either extreme. I usually like the Yellow Cab, but reviews have not been good. Neither have the ones for Blue Bird Taxi or Victoria Taxi. Which one would you use?? Thanks!

Sandy

more
    • Summer Road Trip on Canadian West Coast

Canada Apr 7, 2015 at 2:02 PM

We're planning on visiting Canada's West Coast on our honeymoon from 14th of July to 11th of August and travelling around Vancouver, Whistler, Banff, Victoria and Edmonton.

The big question: Is it possible to drive around Canada at this time and not have accommodation booked months in advance? We are hoping to book days in advance instead and are willing to camp if necessary

more
    • Summer visit

Canada Apr 9, 2015 at 2:29 AM

I will be going to visit my uncle in Toronto and it will be my first time. My uncle is old and lives just with his wife and both can't really take me around. So i was thinking i can get few tips on where to visit and things to do to make my visit fun.

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

A few basic questions for a future first time visitor to Toronto!

Toronto Apr 4, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Hello everyone!
      I'm doing a little pre-trip research on Toronto and had a few questions which I hope ye can help me with!

Is there only 1 airport near the city? And I presume that has several terminals?
      What is the area of Corktown like? I presume that is well outside the touristy area/most popular districts?
      Is it fair to say that the Downtown area is where it's all happening?
      Should we base ourselves there to be close to all the main attractions?
      Are there any areas of Toronto which should be avoided? (Sorry if this is a silly question!)
      Are there regular daily organised visits to Niagara Falls from Toronto?
      Can you tell me the best (and the biggest) shopping malls in Toronto? Starting with the most central :)
      Hotels are looking very very pricey in the Downtown area. Is this the norm? Are there more reasonable mid-range options also located centrally?

As you can see from these questions, I am struggling in these early stages of my research :)

DG

more
    • YELLOWKNIFE NORTHERN LIGHT SEEING

by PeterL87 Online Now Jan 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I shall visit yellowknifs canada in February, 2015, where can I found a good place with free shelter to see the northern light (aurora).

6 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 7:58 AM
    • jboerding's Profile Photo

Taxi Cos ts

by jboerding Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM

What is taxi charge from airport to city in Yellowknife?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • jjkent's Profile Photo

Christmas/New Years in Yellowknife

by jjkent Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I am planning a winter adventure in NWT or YT. I am a former Alaska resident and would like to spend about a week skiing (classic and skate), ice fishing, skijoring, kite skiing, camping, viewing the northern lights, bars & restaurants, etc. Most of my friends here in the States are not even remotely interested in joining me on my winter adventure so I would love to join groups or find a guide to do these things. My time off is around Christmas and/or New Years. My question: where should I go in Yellowknife, or should I go somewhere else in Canada, i.e. Whitehorse? Thanks!
      - JJKENT

• 123alan's Profile Photo

Northern lights

by 123alan Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I'm heading up to Yellowknife next month, what's the best way to see the northern lights? Has anybody had a tour with becks kennels company?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • leigh767's Profile Photo

Trip booked! How to best survive the extreme cold in Yellowknife?

by leigh767 Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hi all, I'm heading to Yellowknife in early March for the northern lights and will be spending hours outdoors as I plan to be photographing heavily and doing time lapse photography as well. I know temperatures will drop to about -30C (-22F) at night and the last time I was in that sort of cold, it was outright painful.

Would like to be better prepared for this big trip. Does anyone have tips on what to pack? The VT Yellowknife's What To Pack Section has only one tip ("pack a fishing rod") so I'm hoping to get more insights from anyone who's been there/lives there.

I know parks are a must - and I'm planning to rent one when I get there since I live in the tropics so there's no point buying one. Does anyone know what the rental price range is like? And any other packing tips will be GREATLY appreciated. Right now my plan is very under-developed. I just know that boots, parkas, and heat packs for the hands/feet are a must. Anything else?

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • I'm planning to run the Yellowknife Marathon in August 2011 and...

by TorontoDuluth Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I need some advice. I've always wanted to take a trip up there, and I love running marathons (I'm making a vacation out of this, running Yellowknife's marathon one week and Edmonton's race a week or so later). Now, I've conquered Vancouver, Toronto, Chicago, Minneapolis; expensive cities, all on a budget! I've never travelled to a remote location that is expensive to get to, and might not have the selection of budget hostels (not dumps!). I don't really see much in Yellowknife; if you're familiar with the city, are there backpacker hostels or places like the 'Y' where someone like myself could stay at for a couple days? Just from looking at the map I'd like to be near YK Centre so I don't need to depend on a car while I'm there.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    • Polar Parkas & Fabrics

by loischouinard Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I am trying to reach this store which is in Yellowknife ... does anyone know if they have an online website, phone numbers ... any help appreciated. Lois

1 Answer Jan 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    • Website? for Polar Parkas

by sheila_don Online Now Oct 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Is there a website for Polar Parkas in Yellowknife. Do they accept mail orders? I can't find anything with a Google search but they have been recommended to me by an Inuit friend. Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    • Accomodations

by Driq Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 8:25 AM

I'm looking for affordable accomodations in Yellowknife for November 16th to 18th for 3 people. We will all be in town for a wedding. Are there hostel type/ homes that rent rooms etc like a B&B. We could use 1 or 2 rooms.

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 10, 2007 at 7:27 PM
    • Things to Do in Yellowknife, N.W.T.

by Sigzy Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 4:56 PM

My question is there is a couple of broomball teams coming to Yellowknife on Nov. 7 till the 11th for Western Canadian Broomball Championship and if time permits we would like a list of things to possible see,watch or purchase and the price to obtain each service. Like the Diawk Diamond Mines Inc. and have the chance to purchase. Gold mine, watching the Aroura (not sure on spelling), good sports bars, restaurants and night clubs. If you can provide me some information, would be greatly appreciated. You can send it to me directly at lvogt@accesscomm.ca.
      Thanks Liz.

1 Answer Oct 13, 2007 at 7:21 PM
    • What to do in Yellowknife?

by tjsilverjeep Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 8:45 AM

We will be flying up to Yellowknife to go fishing. We would like to spend a few days in Yellowknife. What is there to do and see? What do you recommend?

Thanking you in advance.

• Accessible in winter?

by iwishiwasinpakistan Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 4:40 PM

Is the city of Yellowknifr, NT accessible in the winter by road? Is the road plowed? Please answers soon.

1 Answer Aug 12, 2006 at 7:05 PM
    • camping and fishing for seniors

by craftygramma Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Hi,

Is our Canada Old Age Security Card valid in your province for a fishing licence, and could you send us information on camping and discounts? Any other information would be appreciated as well.
      Thanks

• Things to do in Yellowknife

by leonda Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Spending three days in Yellowknife this June 11th thru the 13th. Any suggestions on things to do in the town?

1 Answer Feb 3, 2006 at 8:47 PM
    • Driving Edmonton to Yellowknife

by leonda Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Has anyone driven from Edmonton to Yellowknife on the Mackenzie Highway and could give me details of what to expect on the ride??

2 Answers Feb 5, 2006 at 9:57 AM