Ybor City Travel Answers

change location

New Years / Bowl Game

by Tizzytom Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 11:26 PM

I'm going down to Tampa to go to the Outback bowl and I was wondering if anybody knows of a great place for college kids to spend New Years in that area !?? I heard YBOR City is the place to go, but I'm clueless to what kind of bars they have and or what is the hot spot. If you could let me know that would be great!

Thanks again,

Tom

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ZenGator's Profile Photo

RE: New Years / Bowl Game

by ZenGator Online Now Dec 27, 2005 at 11:30 AM

For nightlife, head to Ybor; there are lots of clubs, etc. to visit there.

There are also many bowl-related events around the whole area. Here's the official website: outbackbowl.com/events/calen...

PS Go Gators?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sarahjayn's Profile Photo

RE: RE: New Years / Bowl Game

by sarahjayn Online Now Dec 27, 2005 at 8:05 PM

My baby sister likes to go to this night club, Prana, that's in Ybor. College-ages kids like to go there. A lot of people have told me the the Ampitheatre is not all its hyped up to be. Also, from personal experience, I'd say stay away from Coyote Ugly. I was dragged there by some "friends" and I hated every minute of it. It's just gross. Personally, I'm not really a club person and I like to go to the little places in Ybor. Just walk up and down 7th and you'll find them. Club Flirt (15th Street) and The Castle (8th Avenue) can also be a lot of fun depending on the crowd there. Also, there's some bars on Platt Street in South Tampa. The Rack is a pool hall with full bar; Hyde Park Cafe has a patio with music and DJ Room. It's a little classier (read: expensive) than other places in Tampa.
    Let me know if you need any other advice.

• ZenGator's Profile Photo

RE: RE: New Years / Bowl Game

by ZenGator Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 4:48 PM

Hope you had a nice visit (except for the final score... heh heh). The Iowa folks I met were good peoples...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines