Yawata

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help with a Kyoto - Nara - Osaka 5 day itinerary

Kyoto Mar 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM

What would be a good itinerary to plan if I'm planning to go to Kyoto from KIX first, then move onto Nara (probably for a day in the park), and 2 days in Osaka? Thanks. (P.S. I arrive in Osaka first at midnight and staying at the lounge until the morning when I go to Kyoto, also on my last day, my plane leaves at around 1 am)

more
    • Transportation from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko

Kyoto Apr 6, 2014 at 6:23 PM

How can I go to Kawaguchiko via kyoto at night?

more
    • How long to finish this itinerary?

Kyoto Apr 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM

How long in terms of hours if me and my boyfriend walk in decent pace, taking pictures and seldom resting? http://imgur.com/c3OHAVt

Here is a map of my planned itinerary. It says 2 hours walk but does that include walking through the temples inside out? Or does it only arrive to each temple and head to the next location? If we count the time stayed in each temple/place, what would my total trip time for the day be? (I'm not sure how long to stay for each place) Thank you.

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Can buy Kyoto's ¥500 Bus Pass at Convenience Stores?

Kyoto Mar 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Hi!

Where can I buy the ¥500 City Bus Pass using ICOCA Card? All convenience stores sell the bus pass? I want to use ICOCA to pay for the pass to finish off the credit...

Thanks,
      Mel

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

My one day in Kyoto

Kyoto Apr 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hello there. I will be arriving in Kyoto from Osaka this May. I plan to spend my first day in Kyoto before heading to Takayama the next day. I would like to see Kinkakuji (North), Arashiyama (West) and the Fushimi Inari Shrine (South) ALL IN ONE DAY. I think it's possible if I start early and leave Kyoto by 7:30 am and go to Kinkakuji then Fushimi Inari Shrine. In the afternoon, I plan to go to Arashiyama and witness the lighting of the bamboo forest path (if there's any during the month of May). At night, I would also want to see (if I still have enough energy) Gion district and have dinner there. Should you have a better route or any suggestions, let me know, pleaseeeeee. Salamat! Thank you! Arigato!

Haydee

more
    • Onsen and interesting places in Japan

Kyoto Apr 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Hi all, my name is Alan Goh. Have a few questions, your suggestions are much appreciated :

1. ONSEN We plan a trip to Japan in Dec 2014. My wife always want to soak in "open air" onsen while snowing (well, to be honest, I don't know why so, but she felt is romantic.....). Is there any value for money open air onsen (including accommodation, we can stay there 1 -2 days as long is not too remote else nothing much to do, cannot be soaking in onsen for 8 hours, right !!).

We will be traveling with 3 kids, therefore cost is a big concern especially Japan is not a cheap place to be.

2. TAKAYAMA In our last trip, we stay at "ryokan" in Takayama, Gifu, Japan. They have onsen but is more of indoor hot bath. Love the HIDA beef, juicy !!! 1 of the best beef steak ever !

Is there any places you may suggest that is similar to Takayama ? we love Takayama, it is quiet, relax, friendly,

3. Our "draft" plan goes like this : OSAKA - enter Japan via OSK, stay 2 nights KYOTO - 3 nights, day trip to NARA (not sure worth the trip or not to Nara?),
      TAKAYAMA - 3 nights, my sons want to ski, there are some ski resort within 60 mins bus trip.
      TOKYO - 5 nights, exit Japan via TOKYO.

Appreciate any comment or suggestion regarding above plan, We are on our own, may be will join a few local tour. The objective of the trip to travel at relax pace, at time, we didn't do much but having cup of coffee watching people walk by. Based on our last short trip to Japan, most attractions are shrine, temples, castles.

Thanks for input.

more
    • Best month for Japan

Kyoto Apr 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Is June a good month to travel to Japan? Which are the best months?

more
    • Are 2 days good enough, in Kyoto

Kyoto Apr 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Are 2 days good enough, in Kyoto

more