Travel Answers
Yasawairara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MelP85's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Fiji (on a mid sized budget)

Fiji Feb 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My fiancee and I will be heading over to Fiji for 17 days for our honeymoon and really wanted to get some guidance and suggestions. We purchased the Moon Handbook but there are just so many options and the hotels I am liking seem to be busting my budget a little. Our rough itinerary is as follows:-

2- 3 nights in the Mamanucas (staying in 1-2 hotels)

6-7 nights in the Yasawa islands (Bula Pass) (staying in 2-3 hotels)

4 nights in Taveuni

2 nights in Savusavu

Remainder in Nadi

We may have bitten off more than we can chew on the above and don't want to end up being exhausted but there is so much we want to do. We have a budget of about FJD$10,000-18,000 (not including flights which have already been paid for).

Some of our key questions - should we go to both the Mamanucas and Yasawas? Or should we skip the Mamanucas? If we stay in one resort in the Mamanucas (e.g. Navini resort) could we take day trips out to the rest of the Mamanucas? Should we skip Savusavu and spend the time in Tavueni? Or should be cut down our time in the Mamanucas/Yasawas?

Just a little about ourselves, we love the beach, diving/snorkelling, waterfalls and hotsprings - basically water. We also love good food and learning more about local cultures. I'm not a big hiker (as I am not very fit) though would be happy to do a bit of hiking to get a chance to take a dip in some awesome waterfalls. We also live in the tropics to living in a rainforest environment is not a big priority (don't know if that makes sense....)

Also if you have any comments about our proposed itinerary - all comments will be welcome. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your input :)

more