Yangshuo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus from Yangshuo to Guilin

by geonou Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

How late do the express buses run from Yangshuo to Guilin? Want to catch the Impression Sanjie Liu and then return to Guilin.Sow starts at 8 in mid Feb...thanks

6 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM
    • Do I need to book hotels in advance?

by jeff44 Online Now May 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I'm gonna be traveling to Yangshuo in mid-July and want to know if I should book a hotel in advance. Can anyone who's been there tell me if this is necessary? Will I have a problem finding a place upon arrival if I don't book in advance?

Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • Getting around Yangshuo, Guilin and Huangyao from Guangzhou

by Jamietyf Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to spend some time at Yangshuo, Guilin and Huangyao specifically, and would be coming from Guangzhou, and after the Guilin/Yangshuo/Huangyao area, be proceeding on to Zhangjiajie.

I'm not too sure which would be the best way to go about these three places from Guangzhou?

Geographically, I think it'd make sense travelling from Guangzhou to Huangyao, then on to Yangsho and Guilin, but I'm not too sure if it makes sense?

I'm a lone traveller and would not be driving, and am on a budget. So trains and buses would be great for me!

Hoping to get some help, thanks so much everyone!

11 Answers Oct 24, 2012 at 3:32 AM
    • KGY's Profile Photo

help with hotel choice

by KGY Online Now Sep 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Can anyone advise which is a better choice of hotel: Yangshuo secret Garden hotel or Tea Cozy hotel. I really appreciate the quick response and would be interested in knowing your reasoning. I currently have reservations at the secret garden but was told it was out of the way and Tea Cozy was recommended instead and now I am confused. I can change my reservation still. Leaving in a few days! HELP! Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    • Peter123's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendations in Yangshuo

by Peter123 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I am looking through the hotels in and around Yangshuo. There are so many that it is a bit confusing. I am looking for something quiet but reasonably close to Yangshuo (maybe walking distance?) I found some that look good but probably require taxis. Is this a big inconvenience?
      Could anybody recommend something based on their local experience?
      My list so far includes:
      -Yangshuo Secret Garden Boutique Hotel
      -Moondance Boutique Resort Yangshuo
      -CTN Trip Boutique Hotel
      -Yangshuo Phoenix Pagoda Fonglu Retreat
      -Li River Retreat
      -Yangshuo Mountain Retreat

Thank you

3 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    • Easiest way to travel to Yangshuo from Guilin and best place to stay in Yangshuo

by timba Online Now Feb 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Going to spend a night in Guilin but want to travel to Yangshuo for a couple nights. Any suggestions on the best,easiest, not crazy expensive way to get to Yangshuo?
      Also, my wife and I want to try and find a really nice place to stay while there. We're willing to pay for a nice place but also would like it to be convienant to get around.

Thanks again to all for your help. I love this site!

Cheers!

2 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    • MCI college

by LD24 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Does anyone know of the MCI college in yangshuo? I have been sent a contract to work there in September for 6 months but I'm not sure if it's legit. Any info you can give me would be great! if not do you know if it is easy to find jobs in yangshuo or Guilin and if I wanted to stay there for six months how much money would I have to save before leaving the UK?

Thanx

3 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • nice picnic areas around & near yangshuo / guilin - where?

by yongshi Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Hi...
      Coming (again) to Yangshuo, we want to travel with my SMALL motorhome. So my question is: Where can i find NICE picnic spots (also overnight) around and near Yangshuo? What are the recommendations of the experts?
      We use a small "green" 4x4 motorhome (with NOT ANY pollution of the environment, besides of the engine!), which can go nearly EVERYwhere. So NICE places reachable by big or small ways IN or AROUND Yangshou and Guilin are of interest. (We prefer free WEST views, gps coordinates are welcome.)
      THANKS for ANY helpful advice!

7 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    • Yangshou to Zhuhai (Macau)

by MissChief Online Now Feb 2, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Hi,

I'm hoping to travel from Yangshou to Macau in mid April 2011, what is the best way? I've tried looking online and it seems it's best to get to Zhuhai and then cross to Macau? Is there a long distance bus I can catch or do I need to fly/train from Guilin?

Many thanks!

1 Answer Feb 7, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • Light Show

by diversandy123 Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Thanks very much Hawkhead and Scleile for your replies. As it is a major event in Yangshuo I think that it is a show we must definitely see. Thanks for the info on the hard seats. Perhaps we should take a jacket to double up as a cushion. Will take insect repellent also. Thanks for that info. May not be 'buggy ' in September but better to be safe than sorry. Where are you both from ? I'm from England. Myself and a friend are going to China for 2 weeks. Beijing - Xi'an - Yangshuo - Guilin - Shanghai. Just over 2 weeks to go until we fly. we have booked on Emirates for the international flights so will have a bit of comfort. I have read reviews of the hotels in China and so many say that they had very hard beds. did either of you experience this problem ? Thanks xx

7 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    • Liu Sanjie Light Show

by diversandy123 Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 6:47 AM

We are visiting Yangshuo in September and wondered whether we need to get tickets for the light show before we come. Also, if we booked the C Area is the system that the earlier you come the nearer the front or are you allocated seats with your tickets. That is if you even get seats !!! Do you ??? Does anybody know how far away from the Li River retreat the Light Show is ? How long would it take to walk ? Thanks in anticipation of some replies. x

1 Answer Jul 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Yangshuo to Guang Zhou

by orchid1949 Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Any bus from Yangshuo or Guilin to Guang Zhou ?

Or any low cost flight ?

5 Answers May 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    • Has anyone found a wonderful guide in Yangshuo

by Karen-Estelle Online Now Oct 29, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving in Yangshuo mid November and would love some recommendations of guides that you have experienced in Yangshuo. We would like something personal so don't want to wait for the guides to annoy us when we get then and would prefer to go with someone who comes with a recommendation. Please let me know of your experience. Thank you

4 Answers Oct 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    • Is it easy to ride motor scooter in Yangshuo

by Karen-Estelle Online Now Oct 3, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Hi,

I am reading the wonderful reports of Yangshuo and it seems that one of the wonderful experiences are when riding bikes or motor scooters. I have not ridden a bike since I was a kid so wonder if it is possible for someone like me to suddenly take up riding again:-) What about the elctric scooters? Do you need a special license, are they hard to ride, do you need any special talents. I am not on a tight budget so it isn't a problem the cost just whether I am capable and whether it is safe. Please give me some advice and where to go for the best and most reliable equipment. I am thinking we would be best to hire a guide so will think about that too.

6 Answers Oct 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    • Would you choose Rosewood Inn or Magnolia Hotel?

by Karen-Estelle Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Hi,

My husband and I (Australians) will stay in Yangshuo for 4 nights mid-November 2009. I would be interested to learn from the experience of others who have stayed in these hotels of their knowledge. If you stayed in one of these hotels would you recommend it? If you have knowledge of both which would you choose. Money is not a problem as by Australian standards both this hotels are an excellent price. We like the smaller boutique places and it is of utmost importance that I have a comfortable bed due to some back problems. I also need to know that the people are friendly and helpful. Thank you for your time and I greatly appreciate your assistance even if you choose to comment on other hotels that we might choose.

7 Answers Oct 7, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Biking & Hiking in Yangshuo

by SandiM Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM

We are planning to stay at the Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel. For our first full day there, we'd like to bike or motorscooter to XingPing to view the sunset (or some of it before it gets too dark to find our way back to Yangshuo!). I have been sifting through many websites touting the best way to go and timeframes but it's varies depending on which site to go. Has anyone done this route? Are there rice paddies along the bike routes? Where can I find info on renting a motorscooter? Can we take bikes on a boat in XingPing back to Yangshuo and what's the latest time they return to Yangshuo? And last: What's the likelihood of finding a public toilet along the way from Yangshuo to XingPing? (travelling with an elderly woman who needs plenty of rest stops!). Thanks!

11 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM
    • oldtraveller's Profile Photo

Hong Kong to Yang Shu

by oldtraveller Online Now May 16, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Looking at going to Yang Shu from UK for a few weeks to do some Yang Tai Chi (on my bucket list) any advice on schools and best overland travel method from Hong Kong airport. Many thanks, Richard

2 Answers May 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    • Resorts in Yangshuo

by crokusbogus Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Are there places to stay outside yangshuo? I'd like to make a quick getaway for a few days and relax. I want to be away from the tourist center and get to one of the hotels outside the town. I know that Yangshuo mountain retreat and Moon resort exist, but are there any others. I'm looking for a clean place, with good access to biking and hiking trails

Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    • 1/1 night in Xian and Longshen Vs. 2 nights in Xian

by AlinePhung Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 3:21 AM

My husband and I originally planned to spend 2 nights in Xian then 2 in Yangshuo. We have heard that a trip to Longshen is also worthwhile and are now wondering whether we should only spend 1 night in Xian and save the other one for Longshen. We intend to fly out of Xian to Guilin Airport and to be picked up at Guilin airport to go directly to Yangshuo. We appreciate Any feedback on the best itinerary from Xian/Yangshuo/Longshen and whether or not we should squeeze in 1 night Longshen. After Yangshuo, we fly to Hangzhou. Thanks in advance for your help!

11 Answers Mar 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

stay the night in Guilin or go on to Yangshuo?

by piglet44 Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 2:49 AM

Hi all

we are arriving by plane from Lijiang via Kunming to Guilin in May. We don't know whether to continue straight on to Yangshuo on the same day, or go into Guilin and stay the night and then go on to Yangshuo in the morning.I think we will arrive G around 4pm .Is there anything to do in G just for the evening or would this be a waste of time? Is Guilin a nice town to walk around at night?

Also, if the answer is to stay, would we have to book a hotel ahead or would we find something on arrival ? I know that the May holiday is the first week of May.

thanks in advance

14 Answers Oct 4, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    • Best mode of travel from Singapore to Yangsuo

by hba6721 Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 1:01 AM

hi,

i'm from singapore planning to go yangsuo in nov. may i check what's the best way to travel to yangsuo? i know best way is from guilin but i think singapore doesn't have any direct flights to guilin.

1 Answer Feb 12, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • Getting Boat from Guilin to Yangshuo Feb

by kissina Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 12:44 AM

I am planning to go to Yangshuo the end of February and I was wondering if I could take a boat from Guilin to Yangshuo or if the water level is too low??

Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 8, 2008 at 4:37 AM
    • travelling to yangshuo

by fisoulr3 Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 9:41 PM

I've a few questions and hope that any kind souls could help me out with..

After browsing through so much forum posts,I'm quite convinced that it would be relatively cheaper to either take a sleeper bus or train to guilin/yangshuo (from shenzhen)and that yangshuo is a better place to stay at. But which is better/safer and cheaper? bus or train?

What is it like of the cost of food at yangshuo or guilin?

If I'm going during the new year period, it would probably be better to book the train ticket before going? So, is there any online booking services for train tickets?

Since it would be first time going China and alone, hope that any kind people can advise me on these stuffs. I would be going from hong kong.

Thanks in advance..

5 Answers Nov 24, 2007 at 6:05 PM
    • weather yangshuo

by peetje1 Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 5:59 AM

what will the weather in yangshuo be early november? already chilly, or fine weather & sunshine? also, will 3 days be enough? cheers!

1 Answer Oct 18, 2007 at 8:16 AM
    • does anyone know anything about this place......

by Cph.shots Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM

moon-resort.com/index.html#w...

We're a family with a couple of oyung(ish) children looking for some where to stay in or around Yangshou.

We're on a "backpackers" budget. We'd like some where clean, fairly quiet, western toilets would be nice but not essential.
      Any suggestion?

4 Answers Oct 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Buses to Shenzhen from Yangshou

by soundchaseruk Online Now Aug 29, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Does anyone know what time they leave Yangshou and where I can book a ticket for the night sleeper ?

12 Answers Sep 17, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Wulong Spring Resort in Yangshuo

by soundchaseruk Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Has anyone stayed here ? I found the link on the Guilin website. I can't find out how much it is but it looks very rural

1 Answer Aug 29, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    • viajador06's Profile Photo

Yangshuo Private Guide

by viajador06 Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Can anyone reccomend a private guide in Yangshuo? I will be there Sept. 3.

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 4:09 AM
    • shenzhen- yangshou express sleeper bus

by anulavirgo Online Now May 12, 2007 at 3:13 AM

Hi i need to double check that the express sleeper bus (shenzhen-yangshou) departs from the coach station at lu wu train/ metro station, i am comming via the metro to LuWu....i read some where that u need to go to yin hu bus station?
      i dont fancy that much! any ideas on departure times?
      cheers!

3 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 12:23 AM
    • Nice hotel in Yangshuo

by rebgruenspan Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 3:24 PM

I would like a suggestion for a nice hotel in Yangshuo. I will be there April 27 and must book something soon (unless you don't think I need to book in advance). Will hotels sell out? I've heard mixed reviews about the Paradise hotel - any thoughts? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 6:31 PM