Yangshuo Travel Answers

change location
Peter123's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendations in Yangshuo

by Peter123 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I am looking through the hotels in and around Yangshuo. There are so many that it is a bit confusing. I am looking for something quiet but reasonably close to Yangshuo (maybe walking distance?) I found some that look good but probably require taxis. Is this a big inconvenience?
Could anybody recommend something based on their local experience?
My list so far includes:
-Yangshuo Secret Garden Boutique Hotel
-Moondance Boutique Resort Yangshuo
-CTN Trip Boutique Hotel
-Yangshuo Phoenix Pagoda Fonglu Retreat
-Li River Retreat
-Yangshuo Mountain Retreat

Thank you

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • chinamonty's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel recommendations in Yangshuo

by chinamonty Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 4:11 AM

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the hotel I stayed at (it was arranged by the girls at work) but don't worry too much about getting around Yangshou. They have electric golf cart style buses that take people around from West Street to the hotels and some of the attractions. You will need to have the name of your hotel printed in Chinese. There were quite a lot of people who spoke English but of course in true Chinese tradition a number of them are touts for various businesses.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RoyHanney's Profile Photo

by RoyHanney Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I have stayed at the Village retreat on a number of occasions. It is outside Yangshuo in a relatively quiet village called Shibanqiao. The village is maybe 20 minutes walk from the centre of Yangshuo but you can also get taxis from the hotel or rent bikes or scooters. It is a pleasent walk along the river anyway. The food is good, the staff very helpful and the rooms are good quality so if you are still looking why not try it.

• Peter123's Profile Photo

by Peter123 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Thank you Roy. My question is rather old... from 2012. I came back from my trip and I stayed at Yangshuo Secret Garden Boutique Hotel. I am gladly recommending it now to anyone interested. Very nice place, owner speaks perfect English and location is unique. On eof the best places we stayed on our trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines